Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-31-2010, 09:28 PM   #76
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINKY View Post
Grow up. How old are we now? Still using the words "douchebag and cocklips"? Still in your teenage years huh?
Yep that's it. You got me all figured out. Next time you decide to call someone an asshole, don't be surprised when they come back at you.

Quote:
I have more respect and class than you will ever have. Your just cause we can afford the finer things in life while sitting on a 6 figure paying job.
This is why some of us don't even bother coming on this forum anymore, a lot of you guys are just internet tough and the amount of shit talking that goes around here is child's play.
LOL! GTFO clown. Coming to brag to people they don't know on a web forum? What a winner you are. You know people like you aren't new, bragging about things they don't have or pretending to be someone they aren't. You're not going to impress anyone with your "6 figure paying job"

Quote:
One reason, "How about Mark D...if my 335I CEL went on and I know its the fuel pump because im using a BT scantool, its now 11pm and BMW roadside assistance will come pick it up now because I have to be somewhere tomorrow and cannot take time off. Will Mark D get out of bed and come reflash? Most likely it will wait for the next day (which is not questionable at all)...however, some people DO NOT want to have to wait, or just simply cannot due to time."

If my HPFP goes, at least I have the tools to take out my piggy and call for Roadside assistance and have it towed to the dealer without them detecting that I am running a tune. I'm 100% sure the dealer will not replace the HPFP if my car had a MarkD tune on it. They weren't even willing to work on my car when I had downpipes let alone having your ecu tampered with.
Reflash for what? Why would you need to reflash?

Admitting on a public forum that you're willing wanting to commit fraud by covering up your modifications so that BMW will cover your ****-up's under warranty. Good job! You know what's funny? It only takes one person to forward this information to a BMW dealer or even BMW Canada, and there goes your warranty. But hey, you're a 6 figure playah right? You should be able to pay for the repairs out of pocket. How's that saying? Gotta pay to play?
Old 10-31-2010, 09:40 PM   #77
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
Yep that's it. You got me all figured out. Next time you decide to call someone an asshole, don't be surprised when they come back at you.

LOL! GTFO clown. Coming to brag to people they don't know on a web forum? What a winner you are. You know people like you aren't new, bragging about things they don't have or pretending to be someone they aren't. You're not going to impress anyone with your "6 figure paying job"

Admitting on a public forum that you're willing wanting to commit fraud by covering up your modifications so that BMW will cover your ****-up's under warranty. Good job! You know what's funny? It only takes one person to forward this information to a BMW dealer or even BMW Canada, and there goes your warranty. But hey, you're a 6 figure playah right? You should be able to pay for the repairs out of pocket. How's that saying? Gotta pay to play?
^^+1....what he said. I couldn't have said it better myself.

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 135i Msport Daily/track toy
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:48 PM   #78
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

This thread has gone off topic way too many times. OP asked about perf. upgrades to a 323 not a 335. And back on topic, sell car, buy another car, or be happy with what you have. Spending $'s on power upgrades is a waste of time and money, you'll never be happy. Or, you'll be in a Tim's parking lot bragging to others how with your so and so you've got 12 more hp and with that thingamabob you've got 7.5 more hp so now you should be pushing close to 200hp! Wow I'm so sure everyone will be so impressed when the reality is, you might have gained half of the claimed hp. mktg mktg mktg! Not to mention, the actual speed gained if measured on a track will NOT be noticeable.

I remember years ago, my know it all bro-in-law was telling me how all of these bolts ons added almost 50hp to his e36 m44 318i and how much faster his car was because of it. FEEL it come on isn't it amazing he said. Stock we had gone to a cayuga test and tune the month before and he ran a 16.7 sec 1/4. After this almost 50hp increase we had gone back and guess what he ran? 16.6 sec 1/4, which I attribute more to the cooler weather than to the upgrades. I never noticed much of a difference other than a higher redline. Nonetheless, he made excuses and I would still blow his doors off with my stock vr6 jetta which would run consistant 15.3's and blah blah bla.
Then I got an e36 328i and did a 14.7 first pass and that was that. He shut up, sold his car and went in a different direction with a dsm awd turbo. (I still beat him with my e36)

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 135i Msport Daily/track toy
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:11 PM   #79
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dble Trouble View Post
This thread has gone off topic way too many times. OP asked about perf. upgrades to a 323 not a 335. And back on topic, sell car, buy another car, or be happy with what you have. Spending $'s on power upgrades is a waste of time and money, you'll never be happy. Or, you'll be in a Tim's parking lot bragging to others how with your so and so you've got 12 more hp and with that thingamabob you've got 7.5 more hp so now you should be pushing close to 200hp! Wow I'm so sure everyone will be so impressed when the reality is, you might have gained half of the claimed hp. mktg mktg mktg! Not to mention, the actual speed gained if measured on a track will NOT be noticeable.

I remember years ago, my know it all bro-in-law was telling me how all of these bolts ons added almost 50hp to his e36 m44 318i and how much faster his car was because of it. FEEL it come on isn't it amazing he said. Stock we had gone to a cayuga test and tune the month before and he ran a 16.7 sec 1/4. After this almost 50hp increase we had gone back and guess what he ran? 16.6 sec 1/4, which I attribute more to the cooler weather than to the upgrades. I never noticed much of a difference other than a higher redline. Nonetheless, he made excuses and I would still blow his doors off with my stock vr6 jetta which would run consistant 15.3's and blah blah bla.
Then I got an e36 328i and did a 14.7 first pass and that was that. He shut up, sold his car and went in a different direction with a dsm awd turbo. (I still beat him with my e36)
yup i agree. Screw it, if you want power, buy something more powerful, or engine swap.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:56 AM   #80
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Durrrrr.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 05:22 AM   #81
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

"I have more respect and class than you will ever have. Your just cause we can afford the finer things in life while sitting on a 6 figure paying job.
This is why some of us don't even bother coming on this forum anymore, a lot of you guys are just internet tough and the amount of shit talking that goes around here is child's play. "

wow ya you have such class!

6 figures you say, I must respect you, you sir, don't have a clue, there are janitors at my work making that, and that's in no way talking disrespect to anyone who is a janitor, and b4 u ask for proof, it's printed in the papers yearly. What a stuck up snob you must be, thinking that with 6 figures put you above others, what are you one of the elite with a seat in a goverment bomb shelter for 2012???

The reason those people don't come around is cause their not gonna have their egos stroked which they need cause they are insecure and that's why they have to look better then others. I know alot of people who make way more then 6 figures who would never act or say the things you have.

But then again, they have class, which is something you obviously know nothing about!
richie_s999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:22 AM   #82
davericher20
black and blue

Quote:
I have more respect and class than you will ever have. "YOU'RE" just cause we can afford the finer things in life while sitting on a 6 figure paying job.
fixed.
Coming in here saying you make more money than someone else and they're jealous is pretty trashy and tacky. But I don't expect your underdeveloped brain to comprehend that. You contradicted yourself there. You have no class.
Just saying.

Quote:
This is why some of us don't even bother coming on this forum anymore, a lot of you guys are just internet tough and the amount of shit talking that goes around here is child's play.
What's keeping you here e-baller? go away. Take your fake-ass friends with you too.
If you go anywhere talking trash you will find the same reception that you did here.
Troll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:29 AM   #83
Aloush
3rd Gear Member

Hmmmm... "KINKY" wonder what kinda job you perform to pull 6 figures.

OP. if you want to enjoy your 323 more i recommend spending your money more on suspension rather than power. You will enjoy taking faster corners more than the straights.
Aloush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:11 PM   #84
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloush View Post
Hmmmm... "KINKY" wonder what kinda job you perform to pull 6 figures.
There's lot's of software and engineering jobs that pay over 100K. Many process engineers where my wife works even make in the 200's. But whatever Kinky makes, who cares. It hasn't made him an asset to the BMW community.

Last edited by MarkD; 11-01-2010 at 12:24 PM.
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:12 PM   #85
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:

Re-flash the software to stock so it can go to the dealer without getting nailed for software. If you have ANY software besides DINAN good luck with drivetrain problems. Then after its reverted to stock by the ECU tuner, and then go to the dealer and then get re-flashed again by the ECU tuner.

What you guys fail to see is the reality of this market OUTSIDE Maxbimmer. Sascha the reality of it is, he is not the only one like this...I will bet my whole life on it. Due to this reality for the majority of people the "proper" ECU tune doesn't matter because half of these cars are LEASED. Don't you love the way this system works?

In case you didn't realize, BMW canada is heaviliy involved with online forums - thats why Mike from Maranello is even on here. Thats why Tischer gives M3forum and E46fanatics special discounts. BMW is well aware of this, its why the new BMW's now have TUNER PROTECTION. Good luck to all the tuners, except Dinan.

Please dont take it offensively...but this is the fact that this whole arguement is about, not about being rich and stuff.

KINKY I'd advise not posting anything if its besides tuning, as you can see this thread is just a fire being fueled constantly. As you can see, its like a turf war back in Compton. lol

Now that I think about it...

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction

Last edited by Jon@Bimmersport; 11-01-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:28 PM   #86
damameke
6th Gear Member

Lol... Double facepalm.. sweet...

my cheap lunch hour entertainment...

i agree with Aloush...do the appearance upgrade, lower spring.. rims etc etc and
buy a 330 later ...
damameke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:29 PM   #87
bmwconnect
BMW Tuner

"tuner protection" also my cheap lunch hour entertainment...

Last edited by bmwconnect; 11-01-2010 at 12:39 PM.
bmwconnect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:30 PM   #88
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon@Bimmersport View Post
Re-flash the software to stock so it can go to the dealer without getting nailed for software. If you have ANY software besides DINAN good luck with drivetrain problems. Then after its reverted to stock by the ECU tuner, and then go to the dealer and then get re-flashed again by the ECU tuner.

. BMW is well aware of this, its why the new BMW's now have TUNER PROTECTION. Good luck to all the tuners, except Dinan.
Jon,
I don't think Dinan is the only tuner that has figured out the anti-tuning. If they were, I would not be able to tune the 2010 cars, and I have. That's why I pay a lot of money for the annual subscription for updates to my tuning tool.

And Mike from Maranello is working for a franchisee, I doubt BMW Canada even likes the fact that he was offering low prices. I heard that one other dealer's parts dept. was not happy with his low prices and was going to complain, and I bet that is why he is no longer offering the great deals he had earlier this year.

Anyway, if customers wanted to pay $1200 for a tune, I could supply a cable that would let them reflash their car anytime they wanted.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:44 PM   #89
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon@Bimmersport View Post
Right, so you're condoning cheating BMW's warranty program. If you choose to modify a car that is under warranty, then you need to be prepared to play by the rules and possibly let your warranty go. If you don't want to take that risk and pay out of pocket you don't mod the car until it is out of warranty.

Quote:
What you guys fail to see is the reality of this market OUTSIDE Maxbimmer. Sascha the reality of it is, he is not the only one like this...I will bet my whole life on it. Due to this reality for the majority of people the "proper" ECU tune doesn't matter because half of these cars are LEASED. Don't you love the way this system works?
Jon, I don't fail to see anything. You are the one that is arguing blind.

The only thing I came in here to argue is that piggybacks are not the way to tune a car. They alter signals and trick the computer to do things it's not supposed to. People that develop these units do so because they're not smart enough to crack the ECU and properly tune the tables. So to get ahead they fool the ECU and go around all safeguards to get an end result.

What difference does it make if a car is leased or bought?

Quote:
In case you didn't realize, BMW canada is heaviliy involved with online forums - thats why Mike from Maranello is even on here. Thats why Tischer gives M3forum and E46fanatics special discounts. BMW is well aware of this, its why the new BMW's now have TUNER PROTECTION. Good luck to all the tuners, except Dinan.
Tuner protection? what are you talking about? You mean ECU security to prevent flashing? That is nothing new BTW.

And you keep talking about Dinan as if BMW keeps your original warranty intact just because you have a Dinan tune. This is NOT true. I guess you've never read their warranty TOS.

Quote:
KINKY I'd advise not posting anything if its besides tuning, as you can see this thread is just a fire being fueled constantly. As you can see, its like a turf war back in Compton. lol
That clown wont come back here because of what I posted, I'm not sure why you're getting all friendly with him. It's obvious since he created a "new" account instead of using his real username one the other forums he frequents he just came here to talk smack.

I saw him read this thread shortly after my first reply to him yesterday, he was online and reading it but didn't reply since.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:54 PM   #90
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
That clown wont come back here because of what I posted, I'm not sure why you're getting all friendly with him. It's obvious since he created a "new" account instead of using his real username one the other forums he frequents he just came here to talk smack.

I saw him read this thread shortly after my first reply to him yesterday, he was online and reading it but didn't reply since.
KINKY is probably too busy drinking bubble tea and polishing his fake Rolex to post here after you responded yesterday., and today he is "sitting on" his 6 figure job.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: