Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Photography
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-04-2010, 10:16 AM   #16
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
The reason WHY I would never run Mosport. **** that shit.
Kinda ignorant statement Terry. You ran both Cayuga and Shannonville, and it's no different; same piece of pavement like any other track. Pretty much all the same risk involved at those 150+ speeds. Trust me, the adrenaline alone will keep you driving in the right direction when you get onto Mosport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dble Trouble View Post
Yet you'll do 160+km down city streets during the midnight cruise???

****that shit! At least on a track you're only jeopardizing yourself and your passenger if you have one, on the street it's anybody.

Not to mention both accidents were driver error, and a big brain fart. If you're concerned about your ride, you drive accordingly, if you're looking to set new lap records you run the risk. On another note, you ran your car at cayuga, yet that track can be MORE dangerous than Mosport.
+ eleventybillion!!11

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:09 PM   #17
JvzwetE36325
2nd Gear Member

I was there! And man i was jealous +1 Rudy ^^
But i got in a ride along with a 2180lb e30 w/S52 and M50 Mani conversion, 3.5" Intake, LTW pullies etc, thats all i could notice. Was crazy
2000 540i/6 - Sold
JvzwetE36325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:54 PM   #18
BmW1819
6th Gear Member

what turn did the e30 and g37 go off??
BmW1819 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:32 PM   #19
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Turn 10

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 135i Msport Daily/track toy
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:25 PM   #20
doogee
Stance is Gay.

Send a message via MSN to doogee
Can't wait to do more schools next year!

But I seriously need to be bumped to the fastest group. Otherwise I can't drive flat out. That is how I drive, flat out.

Haha. All jokes aside B Group is going to really bump up the learning level!

Trillium club schools ftw!

I highly recommend this to people who are new to the track and people who have seen a lot of track days. I probably attended 10+ track days before going to a school, thought I just about knew it all. Then went to my first school at shannonville. Probably knocked 5 seconds off my laps.

Then i went to the Mosport GP school. Always wanted to drive there but never had the guts. The school was a way to safely start out there, start fresh with no bad habits.

Now I'm confident enough to attend track days there.

Overall the school made me a much quicker driver just by being smooth rather than "fast". If that makes sense lol

Dakar M3 Track Build Thread

Last edited by doogee; 11-02-2010 at 12:31 PM.
doogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:07 PM   #21
davericher20
black and blue

Before I went I had no idea Mosport had this Stigma attached to it. LOts of people I talked to (even those outside the bmw community) are either afraid of it or aren't comfortable. Lucky for me I guess, that was my first track day/school ever! lol. No reservations or preconceived notions other than being a nancy for the 1st 5 laps. I also recommend this to *"ANYONE"*

Don't spend your money on mods, spend it on your driving skills!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:36 PM   #22
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

^^Thank-you, you two, I couldn't have said it better myself!! This is why I'm so involved with the Trillium BMW Club, because I believe in it so much. I went through the ranks and eventually became one of their instructors!

Old 11-03-2010, 11:15 PM   #23
dgmorr
4th Gear Member

Quote:
you ran your car at cayuga, yet that track can be MORE dangerous than Mosport.
I've never been to Mosport, can you explain (I can probably guess a few things)? Thanks.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:04 PM   #24
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgmorr View Post
I've never been to Mosport, can you explain (I can probably guess a few things)? Thanks.
mosport is higher speed, but generally has large run off areas, and corners are banked, which allows the speed to be carried

any track has its up and downs, they are race tracks and cars are pushed to their limits, which is sometimes beyond the limits of a driver, so we all take a chance but its alot safer to ourselves and the public to drive like this on a track comapired to the street

Mosprt is the third fastest average speed track in the world, and the hills and size do make it legendary, and people talk it up to float their egos that they ran it. hence the rep
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:52 PM   #25
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
mosport is higher speed, but generally has large run off areas, and corners are banked, which allows the speed to be carried

any track has its up and downs, they are race tracks and cars are pushed to their limits, which is sometimes beyond the limits of a driver, so we all take a chance but its alot safer to ourselves and the public to drive like this on a track comapired to the street

Mosprt is the third fastest average speed track in the world, and the hills and size do make it legendary, and people talk it up to float their egos that they ran it. hence the rep

He asked me...........let me answer it.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:02 PM   #26
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgmorr View Post
You're right, there is a few things.

Firstly, that quote was directed towards Terry on a lapping day we both attended. That day in particular, helmets were optional, no marshalls, no EMS, no tow truck, no rules, just go out and drive and do what you want. For experienced drivers, that's a dream. I thoroughly enjoyed that day, actually probably my favorite track day in a long time. However, I've been going to the track for over 15 years and know the ins and outs, dos and don'ts, hell I teach it, so I should. For a newbie, this is a recipe for disaster.

Secondly, if you go off at Cayuga, some of the grassy sections have major dips and dives, hit it sideways and you're flipping over. Not to mention, some of the curbing is too tall, and if hit sideways you go over. The last turn feeding the front straight as a huge concrete wall 12" away from the proper exit of that turn, I can't begin to tell you how many cars I've seen hit that wall.

Mosport, is not necessarily a safer track by the way, but to say it is more dangerous is absolutely unfounded and ludacris. All of Mosports turns have some sort of run off. Some have sand traps to slow you down. Where ever theres a concrete wall except turn 10 there is some sort of "soft barrier" ie tires, hay bales etc. The reason why some find Mosport intimidating is because it is a fast track, so as your skill builds, speeds build through turns and once you have experience only turn 5 are you doing around 80 km/h in a street car, every other turn, 120km/h and up. I go through turn 8 for example at 170km/h ish. Some cannot fathom that until they go for a ride, and then they still can't believe it.

You should come out to our May school next spring and check it out for yourself. I guarantee you one thing, once you do, you'll be hooked for sure!

Old 11-04-2010, 09:05 PM   #27
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by davericher20 View Post
"Yeah it was my first time ever to a track and I was faster than this guy with a mini and I wasn't even pushing hard because I had a blown headgasket.."

lol j/k

Your car looked good out there Dave
Old 11-04-2010, 09:21 PM   #28
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
"Yeah it was my first time ever to a track and I was faster than this guy with a mini and I wasn't even pushing hard because I had a blown headgasket.."

lol j/k

Lol.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:55 PM   #29
davericher20
black and blue

Quote:
I see what you did there

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:17 AM   #30
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
He asked me...........let me answer it.
+1

Quote:

lol j/k

He was going so fast the camera couldn't get him!

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: