Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-25-2010, 01:27 AM   #1
littleboyblu
1st Gear Newbie

Hello!

Its my first post on this forum so here goes...

I've met a couple of you guys just from seeing people with e30's and going up and talking and everyone's like...you on max?

Anyways, I just got a tired e30 which needs some TLC. I don't think the car has had new suspension parts since it rolled off the factory so its severely due. The steerings pritty sloppy with a dead spot in the middle.

I guess my quesion is...where do you guys get parts for these cars? I know its not going to be cheap cheap but i would like to get a deal. For a suspension fix up i'd be getting new bushings all round, control arms, tie rod ends. Basically new rubber.

Also,would you guys recommend poly bushings and any particular area or m3 offset ones for better higher caster? I know thats jumping into higher prices but if its going to last longer and be cheaper in the long run then im down.

Springs and shocks will come in time.

Thanks,
Alan
littleboyblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 01:25 PM   #2
daveed
2nd Gear Member

Autopartsway.ca has fair prices for OEM maintenance stuff. I bought brake pads/rotors, tie-rods, filters, boots, cap/rotor etc there. Just bundle your order together so that you get free shipping.
daveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 05:31 PM   #3
Vrbovsky
pod stromom

+1 on auto parts way.... Id stay away from urethane bushings unless you've got flat roads... the harshness tends to increase with alot of urethane bushings. I did go with them for the control arms though with the m3 offset.... very good upgrade.
Vrbovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 06:18 PM   #4
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Check out Bullet_Ride's thread. He redid his rear subframe and got bushing and other things. Could pick up on some useful tips as well. Many build threads on this forum that can offer lots of insight.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:33 PM   #5
littleboyblu
1st Gear Newbie

Thanks guys. Ill check out Autopartsway.ca
littleboyblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:11 AM   #6
Brent
3rd Gear Member

I know it might not be at the top of everyone's list, but my local Partsource (Whitby) is always helpul and friendly. I usually use it or parts i want to purchase new. Also parts cars and junk yards for certain things (but of course not suspension components!). I picked up my steering rack from this website, always look over the classifieds...

From Eyesore to Heat Score
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:12 AM   #7
Brent
3rd Gear Member

Also, welcome! Post some pics of our car when ou have a chance!

From Eyesore to Heat Score
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: