Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-21-2010, 06:00 PM   #16
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig

Send a message via MSN to e30_kid89
Quote:
Originally Posted by dble Trouble View Post
Montreal is supply and demand, many people want but not too many on the used market, most of them end up here in TO at those sleezy dealers in the Keele, Jane Finch, Steeles area of TO.
LOL!

It blows my mind how many used car dealers are in such a small radius! I'd assume there are close to over 100+ used car dealers covering north of Sheppard, east of Keele, south of Steeles and west of Dufferin. It's honestly 100% hit or miss there.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:56 AM   #17
dannyb
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dble Trouble View Post
DO NOT buy a car from Montreal. Even if it looks good on the surface it isn't. Montrealers are car people........car people in the sense that they tend to buy all decent cars like sti's, evos, BMW's etc, but do not take care of them. They use them until they are all used up, do not do regular maintenance do not take care of rust and generally drive the shit out of them. I've not once seen a cream puff older car come out of Montreal that wasn't beaten to hell and back. I should know, that's where I'm from!
The reason Bimmers are so much more in Montreal is supply and demand, many people want but not too many on the used market, most of them end up here in TO at those sleezy dealers in the Keele, Jane Finch, Steeles area of TO.
TRUTH! I've bought 2 cars from Montreal, worse mistakes ever! Denny bought his first car from Montreal and we all know what happened to that car. In all the cars I've seen come out of that city, 90% of them are good for scrap.

I went to see a car there once and the guy said "impeccable", well one of the front shock towers wasnt connected to the car anymore. The engine was sitting crooked crushing the intake elbow that was sealed with silicone. The inside of the doors were rusted to shit, the hood was mechanism was crooked.

The only good thing near Montreal would be sellers that import from the US.
dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:36 AM   #18
nonlocal
Last of the Late-Brakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlast View Post
If you guyz go e36...

I'll be watching you go.

< E31 || > E89 || gtfo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlast
< E32 || > E89 || gtfo.
Fixed. (I'm not really buying that >e89 either. Heh)
nonlocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:41 AM   #19
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

I don't want to offend anyone, but I find often that the 8er looks like a Ford Probe.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:17 PM   #20
daveed
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
I don't want to offend anyone, but I find often that the 8er looks like a Ford Probe.
I agree.
daveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:56 PM   #21
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
^Richie brags about having planted that E36 seed in your mind.
I didn't plant the thought, and maybe mentioned it once to you he's made coment about thinking about one and that he's been in my car he has mentioned getting one as a DD. He has sorted out the pro's and con's of the car in his mind and its more of a reminder when he is in one, not to mention he does drive them a fair bit too.

We seem to post the same point of veiw about them, being one of guys at events he's at with an E36, I end up chatting with him about it more probley then others who don't have.

Actually come to think of it, he probley influienced me more into moving onto the E36 project then anyone!
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:57 PM   #22
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
I always thought rx7 ish
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:43 AM   #23
slimjim
Almost Sideways

Quote:
+1, i know the 8 is a beast, but meh.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:01 AM   #24
defaultName
5th Gear Member

I love the 8 Series but it's definitely a car that needs to be seen in person to be appreciated... I find pictures never do it justice.

Good luck with the search! (I think that's what this thread was originally about)
defaultName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:38 PM   #25
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

After some deep thought, thinking maybe of going something SUV. I don't think my budget will catch me a X3 let alone an X5, might have to work up for a summer car and a daily/winter SUV.

Anyone know what SUV brand is decent mechanically wise? I was thinking of the Saturn Vue or something like that.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:09 PM   #26
bmwins
2nd Gear Member

my mom had a nissan pathfinder fully loaded. we had the car for 6 years and i swear to you all we ever did was oil changes and brakes. great car!
bmwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:11 PM   #27
DYMO
JDM soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavocSteve View Post
After some deep thought, thinking maybe of going something SUV. I don't think my budget will catch me a X3 let alone an X5, might have to work up for a summer car and a daily/winter SUV.

Anyone know what SUV brand is decent mechanically wise? I was thinking of the Saturn Vue or something like that.
NEVER get a ford.
we have a good number of them in for safeties and they're rust buckets
DYMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:49 PM   #28
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

OMG how do you go from e36 to an SUV, let alone a Saturn MFing VUE? That has got to be the worst of the cute utes. My cousin bought his from new in '05, still has it and he'll tell you worst mistake of his car buying life. My brother in law got an '06 from his dad for free so he's not complaining about the cost but he is complaining about how cheaply made it is and how everything rattles and the amount of dough he's had to put into it already.

Get yourself an e36 and call it a day! No SUV can come close to an e36 other than storage space, but who cares, borrow someones minivan if you have to move something.

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 135i Msport Daily/track toy
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 06:44 AM   #29
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

I was thinking winter terms. I know the E30 sucks without a couple sandbags in the trunk to weight it down. I'm hoping maybe the E36 is different. I want something I can drive in winter and not worry about doing donuts everytime I turn a corner.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:47 AM   #30
dannyb
4th Gear Member

i dont think the e30 should be that bad in the winter. I had an e36 but i put 200lbs of sand in the back, drove fine with shitty dying tires and no lsd.
dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: