Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-20-2010, 07:51 PM   #1
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Looking @ new ride!

Hey guys. As pretty much everyone knows, my E30 is a lemon by far. (But she still gets me from point A to B). I have been searching a little bit and looking to find out where the next best place is to shop for a E36 (thinking about a E36 or early E46). Toronto is pretty far now and would like something closer to Ottawa, but Montreal seems to be a bit pricey. Ottawa has a very select few cars. If anyone has some experience other then going to T.O. for a car, that would be appreciated. Also, mostly to Rudy, I will make sure this one comes completely rust free! I don't have to place nor the tools to fix a big project, as I would like to enjoy my 2nd BMW.

Thanks guys!
Old 09-20-2010, 08:02 PM   #2
Aloush
3rd Gear Member

whats ur budget?
Aloush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:34 PM   #3
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Budget is about 5k - 8k range. Montreal looks decent but it seems that the cars go for some extra $$ compared to other places.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:13 PM   #4
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

For your price range I'd be looking for an E36 you'll be able to find a nice 328 with a few mods for that price. If you go E46 you'll be looking at the entry level cars with less power and in my opinion they don't look as good as the E36.

I'm sure you'll be coming back to the GTA area some time, just keep your eye out
here's a nice one
http://www.autotrader.ca/a/BMW/328IS...764990_/?ms=pv

Edit, I'm not sure why you posted this in the E30 section.... should be in general discussion.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:16 PM   #5
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
^ I like that red car. Shame its got that rust in the rear fenders...

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:25 PM   #6
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

^ lol buzzkillington do have a file listing the locations of rust on every car in the GTA?
Old 09-20-2010, 11:34 PM   #7
craz azn
6th Gear Member

LOL! Nah... just I've been looking into E36s more than usual, and that was a great car that caught my eye... but the doors and rear fenders scared me off. To be perfectly honest, I need a car like that in which I wouldn't have to 'worry' about. It does gets rather stressful sometimes

Old 09-20-2010, 11:59 PM   #8
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

^Richie brags about having planted that E36 seed in your mind.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:04 AM   #9
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Yeah, he does that a lot... thing is, I didn't discover them as if it were yesterday. It's just that now its getting to a point that it would make more sense as a useful everyday car, not to mention not much difference financially (finally). Heck, if I could have afforded an E36 in high school, I probably would not have been as E30 savvy as I am now.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:49 AM   #10
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig

Send a message via MSN to e30_kid89
Quote:
Originally Posted by craz azn View Post
Yeah, he does that a lot... thing is, I didn't discover them as if it were yesterday. It's just that now its getting to a point that it would make more sense as a useful everyday car, not to mention not much difference financially (finally). Heck, if I could have afforded an E36 in high school, I probably would not have been as E30 savvy as I am now.
LOL Don't doooo it!

JK.

If you go e36, I'll join you.

kthxbye
Old 09-21-2010, 03:18 AM   #11
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

If you guyz go e36...

I'll be watching you go.

< E31 || > E89 || gtfo.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:19 AM   #12
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehic...AdIdZ231078039

Buy a hard top. Done.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:22 AM   #13
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

^^^ Been in an accident. Would prefer accident free tbh.

Also your correct Bullet, I should have posted in General =\ but this top is kinda a spur of the moment thing. Montreal seemed like the likely choice to shop because there's so many cars but the pricing is just stupid.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:28 PM   #14
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

DO NOT buy a car from Montreal. Even if it looks good on the surface it isn't. Montrealers are car people........car people in the sense that they tend to buy all decent cars like sti's, evos, BMW's etc, but do not take care of them. They use them until they are all used up, do not do regular maintenance do not take care of rust and generally drive the shit out of them. I've not once seen a cream puff older car come out of Montreal that wasn't beaten to hell and back. I should know, that's where I'm from!
The reason Bimmers are so much more in Montreal is supply and demand, many people want but not too many on the used market, most of them end up here in TO at those sleezy dealers in the Keele, Jane Finch, Steeles area of TO.

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 135i Msport Daily/track toy
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 05:44 PM   #15
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dble Trouble View Post
DO NOT buy a car from Montreal. Even if it looks good on the surface it isn't. Montrealers are car people........car people in the sense that they tend to buy all decent cars like sti's, evos, BMW's etc, but do not take care of them. They use them until they are all used up, do not do regular maintenance do not take care of rust and generally drive the shit out of them. I've not once seen a cream puff older car come out of Montreal that wasn't beaten to hell and back. I should know, that's where I'm from!
The reason Bimmers are so much more in Montreal is supply and demand, many people want but not too many on the used market, most of them end up here in TO at those sleezy dealers in the Keele, Jane Finch, Steeles area of TO.
I hear ya. That's why I asked for some help in looking and to what region that might be close. Guessing T.O. is my only option besides buying a car from the U.S.?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: