Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > Performance & Software
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-16-2010, 11:44 AM   #1
BigD
the misanthropist

Feeler: high performance suspension/brake parts, wheels

I'm converting my car to 5 lug this winter and it's going up on jackstands at the end of this month. I like my rear shock/spring combo, possibly will keep the front shocks.

I will have for sale:
-front RX7 brakes (complete with brake line adapters, mounting bracket, fresh rotors, Hawk HT10 pads with tons of life)
-rear calipers in great shape with Hawk HT10 pads and fresh rotors
-Hubs with Vorshlag studs/nuts
-Koni SA yellows, would prefer to keep the rear but could be convinced to sell full package
-20mm custom spacers designed to mount Honda fitment rims with no extra hardware (accounts for Honda rim offset and bore, so no rings either)
-white Kosei K1 17x7.5 rims

******************** PRICES ADDED ************************

I will be more flexible if items are combined. Buy everything for 1200.

Front Koni inserts - $200
-track only, few hundred miles, easy life

Brakes - $400
-RX7 calipers with gun steel CNC machined adapters, brake line adapters
-Fresh corrado rotors, rear E30
-Clean rear E30 calipers
-Hawk HT10 pads all around, like new

Suspension arms - $300
-rear control arms with Powerflex race bushings, Vorshlag 90mm studs/nuts
-like-new front control arms, struts with Vorshlag 90mm studs/nuts (could be easiest to just swap the hubs onto your existing hubs)
-would consider splitting

Kosei K1 17x7.5 white rims with tires - $400 or straight swap for E36 M3 rims, prefer 8.5" DS2 but not picky
-included 20mm custom machined spacers to fit the E30 perfectly - the rims have Honda bore/offset, the spacers are hubcentric
-would consider any 17"+ E36 fitment rim in exchange + cash

******************** PRICES ADDED ************************

Ideally I'd like to sell the whole smash. Everything from the suspension arms to the wheels, because I will have no use for it. My trailing arms have urethane bushings installed, my bearings are all in good shape, my front control arms are basically new.

I will have a clearer idea for what I want for this stuff later but for now I'd like to get an idea for what kind of interest there is, giving preference to someone who would buy everything, even if I get less for some things in the end (ie better price for whole package).

The only thing that would be missing is the springs. I run GC coil overs and not only would I like to keep them but unless this is for the track, you wouldn't want my springs anyway. I have 600/900, and also a 750 set for the rear.

So for now, PM me with what you would be interested in and how much you'd be willing to pay. If you would like more pictures of something, post a request here and I will oblige if I can (the car is not in the air yet so not all pictures are possible right now).

The wheels will have Hoosier slicks but they don't have much life left, would only recommend using for rollers until you get different tires installed (obviously not street legal)

Last edited by BigD; 09-16-2010 at 03:13 PM.
BigD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:16 PM   #2
JSPEC
2nd Gear Member

Eh bro how much do you want for the 2 front shocks? How many KM's have been driven on them?
JSPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:28 PM   #3
BigD
the misanthropist

I'll do 200 for the front shocks. They have very few miles on them, this car is track-only and is trailered there. So they also haven't seen any bad bumps/pot holes, just damping the springs over track bumps. So call it a few hundred smooth miles.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:12 PM   #4
BigD
the misanthropist

Brakes are spoken for.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:13 PM   #5
JSPEC
2nd Gear Member

SO would these shocks be good for the street since they were on a track car? I only had Koni's on a car once before but didn't know what type they were so would like to know more about these shocks. 200 sounds reasonalbly fair bro, so just give me some more info about them and I will try to come and take them off your hands during the weekend or something.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:23 PM   #6
BigD
the misanthropist

Yeah that's the beauty of Koni adjustable shocks, they are good for any application that doesn't overwhelm their dampening capacity (which for these shocks is about 650 lbs - to give you an idea, the stiffest non-coil over setup is under 400, H&R Race is 315, Sport is 185). So they can be made a good match for stock springs, high performance lowering springs or stiff coil-overs.

They're yours if you want them but just to re-iterate, none of this is available for pick-up yet. I am pulling the motor later this month, which is when the car goes up on jack stands and those who got dibs on various items can come pay/pick up.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:27 PM   #7
JSPEC
2nd Gear Member

Sounds good bro, and from what I hear these are the ones a lot of people want to put on their cars. So Yeah bro I am down leave me your number and name so when you pull the car apart just give me a ring. They would fit a 89 325i 4 door no probs right?

Last edited by JSPEC; 09-16-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:39 PM   #8
atmos_fans
2nd Gear Member

Interested in the Koseis. What offsets are they?
atmos_fans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:48 PM   #9
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPEC View Post
Sounds good bro, and from what I hear these are the ones a lot of people want to put on their cars. So Yeah bro I am down leave me your number and name so when you pull the car apart just give me a ring. They would fit a 89 325i 4 door no probs right?
You got it. Yep they fit all E30s except iX, and yeah these are the best shocks you can get without spending thousands on racing spec stuff (which gains nothing on a street car).

I've saved your info, I recommend you edit it out of your post so it's not out there for everyone to see.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:52 PM   #10
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmos_fans View Post
Interested in the Koseis. What offsets are they?
I will double check for you but I'm 99% sure they're et45. So with the spacers they're perfect offset. You also get the bonus of being able to sell them to Honda and BMW owners.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:27 PM   #11
JSPEC
2nd Gear Member

Alright bro, cheers
Old 09-16-2010, 08:30 PM   #12
atmos_fans
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
I will double check for you but I'm 99% sure they're et45. So with the spacers they're perfect offset. You also get the bonus of being able to sell them to Honda and BMW owners.
Thanks. Keep me posted.
atmos_fans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:14 PM   #13
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmos_fans View Post
Thanks. Keep me posted.
*** CORRECTION ***
The rims are indeed ET45 but the spacers are 15mm not 20.

Fits perfect (these are HUGE tires too):

Old 09-22-2010, 10:03 AM   #14
carmv4
Down and Out

Free bump for a killer deal on the Konis. If this was up a few weeks ago I would've snatched them in a heartbeat.
carmv4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:48 PM   #15
BigD
the misanthropist

One more bump. Things are coming off in about a week hopefully when my garage finally gets freed up (last time I play good Samaritan like that). Right now the only thing without concrete interest is the wheels. But if sales fall through, I will offer the part(s) to the next person to contact me.

Preference still given to someone willing to buy everything.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: