Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-16-2010, 12:52 PM   #31
NataliE46
1st Gear Newbie

http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...AdIdZ228089907

Look familiar, Stephen? ^^^ I do not know his name
Old 09-16-2010, 12:57 PM   #32
325isStephen
6th Gear Member

thought it was the same car:

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136030

I would be careful with that one, I was looking for a car a few months ago and someone warned me that it had been hit and repaired or something of that nature. I'm not 100% and I also don't know how reliable the info I got was, but something to be careful about.

Also it saying NO RUST is very sketchy, I don't know of a single e30 in canada with no rust, one time I looked at a car that made the same claim for 5500.00, I found 3 holes.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:02 PM   #33
NataliE46
1st Gear Newbie

Yup, that's the same one. Pity, because it DOES look like a fine base to start with. But the nature of the accident could mean there was frame damage, structural rigidity being comprimised.. etc

Thank you VERY much for the head's up! This is why local forums ROCK
Old 09-16-2010, 01:07 PM   #34
325isStephen
6th Gear Member

Yeah definitely, it sucks to say, but finding a good one in Canada isn't that realistic at all. Atleast rust wise, some people happen to luck out and get one very well taken care of, but you can't really count on it.

If you want a really nice one, my advice is look out of the rust belt, try arizona and what not, it would be worth spending an extra 1000 on gas, taxes etc. Try craigshelper (just google it), you can type in what you want and search all the craiglists based on distance from you.

I have heard enough bad things about the guy and car that I try to not let anyone get stuck with it. If the guy was straight up about it and priced it accordingly, that would be a different story.

Anyways good luck, I ended up buying a not so perfect automatic, its solid, but its not the prettiest, and I had to 5 spd swap it. I love it for being a good daily I don't need to worry about. I hate washing a nice car and cursing at all the new rock chips and what not, this one already has plenty for me

Last edited by 325isStephen; 09-16-2010 at 01:33 PM.
325isStephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:24 PM   #35
DYMO
JDM soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by dble Trouble View Post
Never denies being a woman but never admits it. If the OP is Italian it could be their last name, and being from Montreal which is like half Italian, ( I know thats where I'm from) it's a possibility.

FYI about the car, do your best to not buy a Montreal car. Come to TO where the selection is greater and the prices cheaper.
check the link in her sig. her username in the other forum clears things up
DYMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:25 PM   #36
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Whoa DYMO, that's like border line stocking. LOL. Its just that a lot of Montreal is Italian. The french canadians have a certain way about them which Natalie46 does not. ( I should know I'm half italian, half french canadian). So I deduced either way with a name like Natali 1st or 2nd and in Montreal that she's Italian.

Cheers,

Natalie46 still hasn't stated female or male yet. Although DYMO your stocking seems to support female LOL.

Back to the car issue, I'd avoid a 318 even if it's clean, you just don't get the same driving pleasure out of it. They are buzzy and you have to rev the snot out of them to get any sort of power and no torque. My choice is and was the 325i or is by a land slide for the silky smooth torque and smooth thrumb of the straight six! Just my two cents. In regards to two door or four, I was looking for a 2 dr when I started but found a super clean 4 door and didn't hesitate. Same style but with two more doors for convenience. Now I'm loving the 4 door.

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 135i Msport Daily/track toy
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:09 PM   #37
NataliE46
1st Gear Newbie

Yes
Okay
I R woman. Let's get past that simple fact. Those who know me from the Volkswagen scene can attest I enjoy zee German cars veddy veddy much.

I think you're right dble trouble, I may regret getting into a 318. Also, I've been used to I6's I wouldn't wanna go backwards. I settled for a clean, low milage 325ci when the 330ci was available to me for a few grand more.

Wouldn't life be grand if these were our biggest decisions in life? What engine type is right for me..
Old 09-17-2010, 12:21 AM   #38
Robb
EX E30 M3 Owner

Buy one of these instead of a regular e30...

http://www.s14.ctmnet.de/0039/0039.htm

btw, if you want a super clean e30 with an MTech II body, I can import one for you from Japan.

Here's a lil sample of what we can get:

http://exchange.goo-net.com/usedcars...007612005.html

http://exchange.goo-net.com/usedcars...091117001.html

http://exchange.goo-net.com/usedcars...091124001.html

Japan is one of the few places on earth where you can still find low mileage old prestine cars still.
We can only import cars 15 years or older.

Last edited by Robb; 09-17-2010 at 12:25 AM.
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:26 AM   #39
DYMO
JDM soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb View Post
Buy one of these instead of a regular e30...

http://www.s14.ctmnet.de/0039/0039.htm

btw, if you want a super clean e30 with an MTech II body, I can import one for you from Japan.

Here's a lil sample of what we can get:

http://exchange.goo-net.com/usedcars...007612005.html

http://exchange.goo-net.com/usedcars...091117001.html

http://exchange.goo-net.com/usedcars...091124001.html

Japan is one of the few places on earth where you can still find low mileage old prestine cars still.
We can only import cars 15 years or older.
what importing shop do you work at robb? i used to work at Japanese Imports when they were still in business
DYMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:28 AM   #40
Robb
EX E30 M3 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYMO View Post
what importing shop do you work at robb? i used to work at Japanese Imports when they were still in business
PM Sent
Old 09-17-2010, 12:29 AM   #41
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
I like the first one in Robb's link. Best of the 3 by far. But I could never wrap my head around that two tone paint...

Robb, how much that cost landed?

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:30 AM   #42
325isStephen
6th Gear Member

Robb, would you be able to pm me a rough estimate of what those would normally cost all said and done. I'll be honest I don't want to buy one, but it its reasonable it's something I would think about doing in the future.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:30 AM   #43
Robb
EX E30 M3 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by craz azn View Post
. But I could never wrap my head around that two tone paint...
Those panels and bumpers are easily removeable and can be painted to match. Not a big deal.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:33 AM   #44
Robb
EX E30 M3 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325isStephen View Post
Robb, would you be able to pm me a rough estimate of what those would normally cost all said and done. I'll be honest I don't want to buy one, but it its reasonable it's something I would think about doing in the future.
estimated around $10,500 + HST landed, registered on the road.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:33 AM   #45
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb View Post
Those panels and bumpers are easily removeable and can be painted to match. Not a big deal.
I know this, but then its not original anymore.

And damn, 10.5 is a friggin' awesome price. I wish I could get something with that condition, km, and price in 5 years from now

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |

Last edited by craz azn; 09-17-2010 at 12:36 AM.
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: