Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-14-2010, 05:06 PM   #16
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy
 
bmwm5lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Thornhill
Posts: 15,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
Nope, 90+ should all be M-tech II. My car was delivered from the factory this way too, fwiw.
Same with my old 90 IS.
__________________
www.enthusiastauto.caNeed a car???

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual-1 of 1 - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'04 Volvo S60R/6spd.:Nautical Blue/Gobi&Black
'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:. 1 of 8 SOLD
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:16 PM   #17
325isStephen
Drifter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pickering
Posts: 1,314
Hmm, weird, maybe its a early in 1990 and late 1990 thing, my old 90 was a 10/89 production date, could be the reason it came with tech 1
__________________
325isStephen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:46 PM   #18
NataliE46
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 21
Okay thanks for everyone's input on the steering wheels; is it a simple swap to an Mtech-II from an airbag steering wheel? Do I just need to pull the fuse so that the little light doesn't stay on? Are the splines the same to accept a non-airbag wheel

I went to go see a 325i Sedan today, really kickin'! Needed some exterior TLC, but a very decent base indeed. I *really* wanted a Coupe though...
__________________
2004 Titanium Silver 325ci
NataliE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:53 PM   #19
davericher20
black and blue
 
davericher20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 2 storey 3 bedroom 1 car garage
Posts: 3,592
if you're a chick (I'm guessing from your name) who wants to drive an e30, you need to stop what you're doing. take a camera and post a picture of yourself. We will not answer any more questions until this has been completed
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:58 PM   #20
craz azn
6th Gear Member
 
craz azn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Port Perry
Posts: 7,522
Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
Originally Posted by davericher20 View Post
if you're a chick (I'm guessing from your name) who wants to drive an e30, you need to stop what you're doing. take a camera and post a picture of yourself. We will not answer any more questions until this has been completed
LOL
__________________

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:27 PM   #21
SamE30e
6th Gear Member
 
SamE30e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Milton
Posts: 2,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by davericher20 View Post
if you're a chick (I'm guessing from your name) who wants to drive an e30, you need to stop what you're doing. take a camera and post a naked spread eagle picture of yourself on your e30. We will not answer any more questions until this has been completed
What the **** dave?
__________________
91 318is - M50NV (gone)
02 WRB Subaru WRX EJ207 forged, 320 AWHP stock turbo.
85 - 325
02 325i Sedan
SamE30e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:45 PM   #22
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by craz azn View Post
LOL
LOL
__________________
HavocSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:11 PM   #23
DYMO
JDM soul
 
DYMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by davericher20 View Post
if you're a chick (I'm guessing from your name) who wants to drive an e30, you need to stop what you're doing. take a camera and post a picture of yourself. We will not answer any more questions until this has been completed
i can see this ending quite horribly

i hope for all our sakes that OP is a girl... or this thread is gonna get awkward REAL fast
DYMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:27 AM   #24
NataliE46
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 21
You guys are too funny! Always with the pixors request. If I find my E30 dream car, I will post a pic of myself standing next to it proudly.

I went to go see one this afternoon, it was my very FIRST E30 viewing evarrr. It was a 1991 E30 325i, 209,000kms with a rather straight body, but definitely needed some work body-wise. Probably will require a repaint as the paint was all-original and showing its age. Slight rust spots, scratches, dents, the usual I guess. Interior was clean, engine bay dirty but some parts of it reconditioned. It's tough for me to gauge what a healthy engine bay should look like, if somebody could post an engine bay shot of their 325, I'd totally appreciate it.

I truly wanted a Coupe but this Sedan really struck me as being something noteworthy. The car drove straight, shifted nicely, no knocks or rattles (just squeaks from the interior lol)
__________________
2004 Titanium Silver 325ci
NataliE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:10 AM   #25
DYMO
JDM soul
 
DYMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by NataliE46 View Post
You guys are too funny! Always with the pixors request. If I find my E30 dream car, I will post a pic of myself standing next to it proudly.

I went to go see one this afternoon, it was my very FIRST E30 viewing evarrr. It was a 1991 E30 325i, 209,000kms with a rather straight body, but definitely needed some work body-wise. Probably will require a repaint as the paint was all-original and showing its age. Slight rust spots, scratches, dents, the usual I guess. Interior was clean, engine bay dirty but some parts of it reconditioned. It's tough for me to gauge what a healthy engine bay should look like, if somebody could post an engine bay shot of their 325, I'd totally appreciate it.

I truly wanted a Coupe but this Sedan really struck me as being something noteworthy. The car drove straight, shifted nicely, no knocks or rattles (just squeaks from the interior lol)
so... no denial about being a girl, lives in montreal, drives a Bimmer, LOVES the E30, drives and appreciates a good 5spd, and with a killer attitude to boot?

excuse me while while wonder where you've been all my life
DYMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:23 AM   #26
325isdan
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: GTA
Posts: 1,106
Never settle, wait for what you want. IT will come.
325isdan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:53 AM   #27
ACS_DAN
16/F/Cali
 
ACS_DAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: OJ Didn't Do it.
Posts: 1,310
Send a message via MSN to ACS_DAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by DYMO View Post
so... no denial about being a girl, lives in montreal, drives a Bimmer, LOVES the E30, drives and appreciates a good 5spd, and with a killer attitude to boot?

excuse me while while wonder where you've been all my life
Move over just a bit, let me get a little leg too.
__________________

95 530i|Modifications - Work.
ACS_DAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:31 AM   #28
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK
 
dble Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Scarborough
Posts: 1,868
Never denies being a woman but never admits it. If the OP is Italian it could be their last name, and being from Montreal which is like half Italian, ( I know thats where I'm from) it's a possibility.

FYI about the car, do your best to not buy a Montreal car. Come to TO where the selection is greater and the prices cheaper.
__________________

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 135i Msport Daily/track toy
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:49 PM   #29
NataliE46
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 21
Hey, how did you know I was (half) Italian?? Other half is Irish. None of which matters when it comes to purchasing a car. Unless it has its perks or advantages lol

Anyway... Getting back to the original topic: Does anybody know the guy selling a red 1991 318is Coupe in Bolton, Ontario. In his AutoTrader ad, this &^%$ doesn't list a contact number, nor replies to his emails. His looks to be in fine condition and I'd grab it if I could get a hold of him!
__________________
2004 Titanium Silver 325ci
NataliE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:51 PM   #30
325isStephen
Drifter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pickering
Posts: 1,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by NataliE46 View Post
Hey, how did you know I was (half) Italian?? Other half is Irish. None of which matters when it comes to purchasing a car. Unless it has its perks or advantages lol

Anyway... Getting back to the original topic: Does anybody know the guy selling a red 1991 318is Coupe in Bolton, Ontario. In his AutoTrader ad, this &^%$ doesn't list a contact number, nor replies to his emails. His looks to be in fine condition and I'd grab it if I could get a hold of him!
Which car is this? Is the guys name Camilo or something of that nature? If so I would avoid that car like the plague, I have heard bad things, it's been for sale for a while, there's gotta be a reason its not selling.
__________________
325isStephen is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2014