Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-11-2010, 04:41 PM   #16
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
5K? dude you're dreaming. For like 2.5K, i could have the entire driveline replaced on my 328. a 328 motor is like 900$ complete. Tranny is 500$.

M3 is nice if you can stretch your budget, but most 328's are enthusiast owned, so lots of them have mods already.

You're basically paying whatever extra an m costs, half on appearance, half on performance. If you want both, buy the M. If you want just appearance, or just performance, its easy to make a 328 look like or perform like an M3 for less than the difference in price of the two cars.

If i were you, spend 5-6K on a clean 328is. Buy a manual, and if it has higher mileage, be 100% sure maintenance was done. My car has like 225K but it runs great even though i beat the piss out of it cause it gets good maintenance.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 05:43 PM   #17
damameke
6th Gear Member

You can use any mechanic you want;

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136219
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:34 PM   #18
chia
Keepin' It Fake.

Thanks guys.

You def. convinced me on a 328 propr. It sounds like that's exactly what I'm looking for in terms of my original demands. And i'll be getting it checked out at RMP, thanks for the link damameke.

Keep a look out for a clean 328is for me guys, I need this asap =]
Old 09-12-2010, 05:26 PM   #19
propr'one
op sucks cock

florida:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-...#ht_499wt_1183

Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
Old 09-13-2010, 01:09 PM   #20
iverson03tj
5th Gear Member

Best advice, take ur time, dont take a risk o buying a car for 10k just cuz it looks good... find a car with a book full of maintanence records, make sure u talk to the owner, take it for a drive for like 45 mins, and check the usuall rust spots.... its a lot o work to bring a car from the states, and most people in the states drive more aggressively than here.... something to remember... i would suggest you do a compression test and check for even the smallest imperfections... for 10k... you can buy an e36 that has been well taken care of... just take ur time...

I drive a e36 328is and i love it!!!!... i got a few minor problems to fix, but all in all.. its a Car that u will enjoy driving, whiether u beat the piss out of it or drive like a granny... u will always smile.

plus if u really like the m3.. well the 328is is the easiest swap or u can just put s52 cams, m50 mani and all the bolt ons plus software and u will be able to keep up with m3's or if ur interested in the look of the cars, u could find alot of m3 parts from the vendors...

PLUS its cheap on insurance... i highly recommend that u put ur insurance under someone older and put urself as a second driver...

IMO i have been on the JDM scene for a long time... but i never got more help or had more fun than with my fellow bimmer fans....

Last edited by iverson03tj; 09-13-2010 at 01:12 PM.
iverson03tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:14 PM   #21
propr'one
op sucks cock

ahem. excuse me, i beat the shit out of my cars as much as anyone in the states.

plus, importing a car from the US is easy. If its 15 years old (aka 96 model year, 95 production 328is), its a complete joke, and takes 25 minutes + driving time.

hid headlights hid kit
Old 09-13-2010, 07:42 PM   #22
iverson03tj
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
ahem. excuse me, i beat the shit out of my cars as much as anyone in the states.

plus, importing a car from the US is easy. If its 15 years old (aka 96 model year, 95 production 328is), its a complete joke, and takes 25 minutes + driving time.
Yea but u also gotta admit... there are more of people that beat the shit out of the cars in the states than here... i seen people beating the shit out of minivans... n scooters.... americans
Also i wanna try and import a car from the states and if its 15 years old.. is it really that easy to do so.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:53 PM   #23
propr'one
op sucks cock

yeah, total joke. My car was pissing coolant when i imported it, no one noticed. There's 1 page of paperwork to fill out.

P.S. I was born in Massachusetts. Mabye that explains it?

hid headlights hid kit
Old 09-16-2010, 11:24 PM   #24
iverson03tj
5th Gear Member

Quote:
yeah, total joke. My car was pissing coolant when i imported it, no one noticed. There's 1 page of paperwork to fill out.

P.S. I was born in Massachusetts. Mabye that explains it?
so whats the process ni importing it...

i was eading a thread on it.. but i guess thats only for newer cars..
Old 09-17-2010, 01:15 AM   #25
propr'one
op sucks cock

if the car is 15 years old, you get the ownership to the US export office 3 days before you arrive. You show up at us export (before you cross the border), they stamp the title. You cross into canada. You stop at canada customs, fill out RIV form 1 (1 page, check off exempt), pay duty, gst (and PST or HST for you suckers in ontario), and 100$ for A/C tax. and that's it.

You take your form 1 to the ministry and get an ownership. Rest is same as if you bought a car here.

hid headlights hid kit
Old 09-17-2010, 01:31 AM   #26
iverson03tj
5th Gear Member

and how about a driving permit from the states to toronto? how much would it be?
Old 09-17-2010, 01:36 AM   #27
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Quote:
its easy to make a 328 look like or perform like an M3 for less than the difference in price of the two cars.
i disagree...never mind the fact there is more to the M than it just being quicker.
but a 328 is a good idea for the OP.
living downtown, ah I wouldnt want a car there either if I didnt need one.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:39 AM   #28
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Quote:
Originally Posted by iverson03tj View Post

IMO i have been on the JDM scene for a long time... but i never got more help or had more fun than with my fellow bimmer fans....
what does taht have to do with this thread?(and other than being incorrect)
Old 09-17-2010, 08:47 AM   #29
iverson03tj
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post
what does taht have to do with this thread?(and other than being incorrect)
I recommended that he gets a bimmer n get involved in the bimmer forums... and im totally talking from my experience... most people in jdm are either brilliant mechanics or some kid that thinks he know it all and can beat any car....
Old 09-17-2010, 09:37 AM   #30
propr'one
op sucks cock

Quote:
Originally Posted by iverson03tj View Post
and how about a driving permit from the states to toronto? how much would it be?
I think you can drive on a bill of sale in the states for 20 days, but i'd look into it.

SIR, i've personally done that to my 328, so it doesn't really matter if you agree or not, now, does it?

hid headlights hid kit

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: