Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E46 (1998 - 2005)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-01-2010, 03:15 PM   #1
WesleyVocino
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to WesleyVocino
Changing head unit on HK system, same quality?

Hey guys, i have a 2001 330ci, which i just repainted astro black. I will have to post some pics. I wanted to be able to listen to my iPhone in my bimmer so I went out and bought an isimple. I installed it and listened to a song from the isimple then listened to the same song from a cd. I found out that the cd was a much better quality. I returned the isimple and decided to get an alpine head unit. The sales guy at futureshop told me that I would not lose out on the quality by changing my hk head unit, and sold me the wiring harness etc.
I went back to futureshop today because the USB port on the alpine I bought does not work directly with the iPhone. Now I am interested in a pioneer head unit with a 3 inch display that works directly through USB with the iPhone.
I told the sales guy I had a hk system and he said by changing the head unit I will lose out on quality. So now I do not know if I should get the pioneer with the 3 inch display or rebuy the isimple.
My question is, do you guys think that changing my head unit from a hk system will make the quality worse? On the original head unit it does not say hk anywhere just sais BMW business unit.
Would you guys change the original head unit or buy an isimple.
I want what ever gives best quality!
Thx in advance!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: