Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > BMW News
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-02-2010, 10:42 AM   #1
Gamite

F10 Alpina B5

Official pictures of the Alpina B5 have slipped out earlier than anticipated. A first public sighting with pictures was expected at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK. The B5 is based on the new BMW 5 Series (F10) but offers the performance and exclusivity of an M5.

Power comes from BMW's 4.4-litre V8 engine and is set at 500 bhp (378 kW / 507 PS). Peak torque is 700Nm (516 ft-lb). Thrust is sent to the rear wheels via an 8-speed automatic transmission which is modified for sportier settings. Alpina says the car will run from 0 - 100km/h in 4.7 seconds and stop accelerating at 307 km/h (191 mph). A combined fuel economy figure of 26.1mpg (UK) is being claimed alongside equivalent C02 emissions of 252g/km.

Source: http://www.worldcarfans.com/11007022...eak-out-early?

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 11:36 AM   #2
PinkieMoscow
Jumped up G'd up.

oh look, it's a b7.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:58 PM   #3
C4P1T4L1ST
BMW Forever

I really can't appreciate the "conservative" look of the new 5. Everyone told me I needed to see it in person, so I went to the dealership and my opinion didn't change. The front looks odd, the rear looks odd, the side profiles are bland, and overall I am thinking I am looking at something other than a BMW.

Personally, the same sentiments go to the new 7 series as well, though I can like the front at least.

In regards to the interior, I like it then five minutes later I don't then I do then I don't. I'm quite indecisive with the interior.
C4P1T4L1ST is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: