Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > BMW Cars For Sale
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-27-2010, 10:10 AM   #1
bigdutch
2nd Gear Member

scam?

seems cheap
http://windsor.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ226223964
bigdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:26 AM   #2
PPP944
1st Gear Newbie

if it seems too good to be true...it usually is.

there was an E30 M3 on autotrader for $3500 couple months back. i figured it would be a scam but sent an e-mail anyways just in case. got a form letter as a reply; "i'm in spain but the car is still in canada. finalizing divorce with my husband. will only do business through ebay" etc. etc. scam scam scam.

just be careful.
PPP944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:58 AM   #3
defaultName
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPP944 View Post
there was an E30 M3 on autotrader for $3500 couple months back
I replied to that ad a few days ago... I got an e-mail back but there was no mention of Spain. Do you have any more information? The ad is no longer on AutoTrader, but I think ads expire on Thursdays.

I (like a lot of people) would love a dirt cheap E30 M3 but most of the time they are to good to be true.
defaultName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:47 PM   #4
PPP944
1st Gear Newbie

yeah don't bother man. trust me, it's a scam. i wish i hadn't deleted the replies or else i'd copy and paste. but basically it was a form letter, ie:

"hi there BRIAN. thank you for your interested in my 1988 BMW REAL E30 M3. this car is my husband's and i am just finalizing my divorce with him. i am currently in spain with family, but the 1988 BMW REAL E30 M3 is still in canada" blah blah blah

etc. etc. total fill-in-the-blank type stuff.

the "seller" also ignored any questions i would ask, such as "are you interested in a trade" and "can you send me more pictures?"

just got the same exact form-letter response today to an e-mail i sent about an ad for an RX-7, also on autotrader. they really need to crack down on their ad security.
PPP944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:41 PM   #5
defaultName
5th Gear Member

The e-mail I got back didn't look too fake. It was somewhat poorly written, but most e-mails are.

I asked a few questions and I'm just waiting for a response. I know it's a scam but like you said, just in case.
defaultName is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: