Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > BMW Cars For Sale
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-25-2010, 11:59 AM   #1
Petinko
2nd Gear Member

FS: 1990 325is

For Sale:

1990 325is

I bought this car from my Neighbour who is the service manager at BMW-Grand Touring Cars London he did all of the work restoring it

Pros:

Rebuilt engine
Rebuilt 5 speed trany
New clutch
New drive-shaft
rebuilt AC (new and used components) works great!
New gas tank and filler neck
Newer braks and E brake
New tires on original 14"
Comes with good winter tires
Euro hounds tooth interior sport seats (some wear)
trunk full of spare parts to keep you going

Cons

The shifter itself is sloppy, probably needs new bushings.
No radio at present
Tin worm... the Underside is very very clean. NO RUST under the car, however it has started on the hood, sunroof, and a few other smaller spots. If I were to keep I would replace the sunroof and hood entirely, but I'm a perfectionist.....

Price: Looking for 4500$.

I will only negotiate in person in the presence of the car.... I will not talk price via phone, email, text or pm UNLESS you've seen the car. No tire kickers, No deposits and I go with you on test drives

Last edited by Petinko; 08-25-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Petinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:16 PM   #2
Petinko
2nd Gear Member

pics

pics wont load up.... any ideas where i can post them?

Last edited by Petinko; 08-25-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:27 PM   #3
canuckder
4th Gear Member

imageshack, photobucket... just type in image uploading in google, theres dozens of free online picture uploaders
Old 08-25-2010, 12:44 PM   #5
Petinko
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckder View Post
imageshack, photobucket... just type in image uploading in google, theres dozens of free online picture uploaders
Hey thanx... I went with image shack... just wasn't sure if there were any forum specific rules about image hosting or linking...

Let me know if there are any angles or close-ups needed or any other questions.

and YES I DO have the gas tank door... the clip was busted so I'm waiting on a new one...
Old 08-25-2010, 11:51 PM   #6
bigdutch
2nd Gear Member

friggin nice... what's the mileage?
bigdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:16 AM   #7
Petinko
2nd Gear Member

the ticker says 175XXX but I can't confirm it neither could the PO.... but the rebuild was last winter only about 5k on it since then.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:23 AM   #8
canuckder
4th Gear Member

very clean, good thing the rust is on parts that can be replaced.

such a clean engine bay, GLWS
Old 08-26-2010, 08:20 PM   #9
carthik
2nd Gear Member

I have seen this car in person after responding to a london kijiji ad on saturday. This car does not have 170,000km on it, it has 350,000+ km on it. This car is not an IS. It is an 325i Auto converted to manual. You did not buy it from a bmw service manager. You have no way of knowing if the motor is rebuilt. The tranny is not rebuilt. The previous owner did not know this so how could you? You bought the car under me for 2500 dollars a few days ago and now are trying to flip it. Quite a dick move.

The board should know the level of douche you are, going as far as swapping out the odometer to flip this car. I have nothing against someone flipping a car selling it for whatever its worth, but lying about a car and changing the cluster is another thing and a serious dick move.

On Saturday the cluster read 350k+, now it reads 170k? The cluster magically doubled? Now that I think of it I think it was at 380k.

I'll post a screenshot of the kijiji ad for any seriously interested buyers. I have the full ad saved on my other computer, as well as all of the original kijiji pictures, I think even one with the cluster.

Have a nice life douchebag.
1990 Yamaha YSR 80
1991 BMW 318is
1994 Acura Integra GS-R
1999 Honda Civic SiR
2000 BMW 323Ci
2003 Derbi GPR50R

Last edited by carthik; 08-26-2010 at 10:16 PM.
carthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:13 PM   #10
325isdan
5th Gear Member

I like where this thread is going.
325isdan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:02 AM   #11
Petinko
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carthik View Post
I have seen this car in person after responding to a london kijiji ad on saturday. This car does not have 170,000km on it, it has 350,000+ km on it. This car is not an IS. It is an 325i Auto converted to manual. You did not buy it from a bmw service manager. You have no way of knowing if the motor is rebuilt. The tranny is not rebuilt. The previous owner did not know this so how could you? You bought the car under me for 2500 dollars a few days ago and now are trying to flip it. Quite a dick move.

The board should know the level of douche you are, going as far as swapping out the odometer to flip this car. I have nothing against someone flipping a car selling it for whatever its worth, but lying about a car and changing the cluster is another thing and a serious dick move.

On Saturday the cluster read 350k+, now it reads 170k? The cluster magically doubled? Now that I think of it I think it was at 380k.

I'll post a screenshot of the kijiji ad for any seriously interested buyers. I have the full ad saved on my other computer, as well as all of the original kijiji pictures, I think even one with the cluster.

Have a nice life douchebag.
I responded to this a minute ago... but then thought for a second.... you were the guy calling Bob while I was there and yelling at his wife on the phone???
I've been friends with the Seller for LONG time and I'd pound you face for talking to them like that, you ****ing sore loser.

And yes picked this up to flip it yes. The rebuild was done by Master Technician Colin Munkley at Grand Touring Cars London. He is the seller's (and my) Neighbour. I also Know Colin (the rebuilder) very well. I spoke to him AFTER I bought the car and he gave me more details that the seller (he owns 3 Porches so might not have been up to date on the BMW) might not have known.

The Car HAS a rebuilt engine, tranny and new clutch gas tank ect ect. It has also been CONVERTED to an IS by COLIN. The Guage Cluster was NOT working so it was swapped in the spare the seller gave me, HENCE I said I couldn't confirm the mileage... I will give the new buyer a Package from the ministry stating the last reported mileage so there is nothing being hidden.

So to make a long story short, **** you and your whiny ass bellyaching. I paid first so I got the car. Wanna buy it?
Old 08-27-2010, 09:07 AM   #12
Petinko
2nd Gear Member

LOL Car is sold to Colin! sorry about your luck carthik
Old 08-27-2010, 09:34 AM   #13
bigdutch
2nd Gear Member

post screen shots of old ad
bigdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:33 PM   #14
smurfs_182
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdutch View Post
post screen shots of old ad
do it
smurfs_182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:25 PM   #15
carthik
2nd Gear Member

Its quite simple, you lied about the following:

1) Stating the car is a 325is. I don't care if the car was sent back to Germany to get the conversion done, it would still be a 325i auto converted to manual. How is it fully converted to a 325is and it doesn't have the IS flat black trim? And doesn't have the IS lip. Do you even know what the difference is between the IS and I?

2) Mileage. I love your play on words. So when purchased the car's cluster said 380K, however, since the car came with extra clusters you decided to swap in the lower mileage one since the one in it wasn't working. That's fine, but did you bother stating the original cluster said 380k, of course not. Instead you state it has 170 but there is no way to confirm. That's just a very dirty way to cover your ass when someone did in fact get the UVIP. You DID NOT state you changed the cluster in your original post.

3) Vehicle history. You did not state you bought it off Bob, you said you bought it off the BMW technician. Once again its very convenient for your sale how you leave out the little details and think its ok.

For anyone wondering what all the commotion is about me not purchasing the car prior to Petinko, it's quite a simple misunderstanding. I went to go take a look at the car while the seller was not present, the wife showed me the car. She told me I had to wait till her husband gets home to do any transaction, so I decided to stick around in london till he got home (since I drove 2 hours to get out there). 20 mins after I leave she calls me and tells me the car is sold. This is neither Petinko's fault or mine, simple miscommunication. If the wife had told me I could pay her I would have then and there. Sure I'm frustrated it went down that way and I didn't get the car, but that is not the reason for my vulgarity towards you Petinko. As I stated, I have no problem with a car selling for what its worth, its simple business.

Being a businessman is one thing, being a liar is another.

I hope others learn a bit about you from this thread and how they should be cautious to deal with you and your "facts".

I noticed you edited your reply with all your bogus defenses to my statements about the cluster and everything. Don't worry, I get email notifications of replies, so I have it all down if you want to BS the community anymore . Think twice before you do that again.

Happy the car went back to the original owner who actually appreciates it, that way no-one got BS'ed in the middle with this transaction.

I see no point in posting the ad as Petinko already admits he screwed with the cluster and admits he bought the car to flip it, and the car is sold (supposedly). For shits and giggles I guess, its on my other computer. It will have to wait till I get to it.

I'm done here, feel free to dig your hole deeper.

Carthik
1990 Yamaha YSR 80
1991 BMW 318is
1994 Acura Integra GS-R
1999 Honda Civic SiR
2000 BMW 323Ci
2003 Derbi GPR50R

Last edited by carthik; 08-27-2010 at 10:29 PM.
carthik is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: