Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-04-2010, 11:28 PM   #1
canuckder
4th Gear Member

e30, m30

So some may or may not know i purchased abustaifs old car. Heres alittle update so far.

Changed diff back to 3.73 lsd , so 2.91 lsd is for sale!

New bose speakers
New BFG KDW's
New cv shafts, flex desk and hanger bearing.

Flex desk was torn, replaced it. still heard clucking noise, found the cv boots ripped, replaced them and ended up being hanger bearing.

all new brakes, random small details as time goes. Was lots of work so far, even in the great condition it was in.

So here comes the fun, in a few months time ill be posting the m30 for sale.. including engine, tranny, mounts, drive shaft and exhaust (minus the muffler). Thats a complete swap into an e30.

What will i be swapping ? After much discussion with a buddy, and pricing out other engines/turbo kit for m30. I think ill be going 2JZ, bang for buck it surpresses all others options.

I dont know how many will car to see the engine build thread, but will post shortly. Ill also post the swap in progress, should be pretty awesome. There will only be a few things done, but will make some awesome power!
Old 07-04-2010, 11:41 PM   #2
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
It's a great car, I am eager to see how the swap progresses. Are you doing the swap yourself?

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:07 AM   #3
canuckder
4th Gear Member

haha well unknown at this point, Theres been lots of help offered threw many friends. we'll see how it progresses, and think about that after the engine is done.

There isnt to many write ups / info on this. and i'd hate to get knee deep and have to call someone to finish my mess. but i guess thats everyones thoughts going into this.

it has been done, and theres actually mounts on ebay. not sure if ill use them, maybe just copy. The write ups ive found, atleast show some main things.

So like i said, ill be posting up the m30 for sale shortly. ive had some interest on engine alone threw friends of abustaifs, but would like to sell everything together. since nothing will be needed.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:49 AM   #4
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckder View Post
So some may or may not know i purchased abustaifs old car. Heres alittle update so far.

Changed diff back to 3.73 lsd , so 2.91 lsd is for sale!

New bose speakers
New BFG KDW's
New cv shafts, flex desk and hanger bearing.

Flex desk was torn, replaced it. still heard clucking noise, found the cv boots ripped, replaced them and ended up being hanger bearing.

all new brakes, random small details as time goes. Was lots of work so far, even in the great condition it was in.

So here comes the fun, in a few months time ill be posting the m30 for sale.. including engine, tranny, mounts, drive shaft and exhaust (minus the muffler). Thats a complete swap into an e30.

What will i be swapping ? After much discussion with a buddy, and pricing out other engines/turbo kit for m30. I think ill be going 2JZ, bang for buck it surpresses all others options.

I dont know how many will car to see the engine build thread, but will post shortly. Ill also post the swap in progress, should be pretty awesome. There will only be a few things done, but will make some awesome power!
How much was the CV shafts? Mine are ripped and my car clunks sometimes so this thread is nice that you gave a hint at exactly what my problem is. Just wondering the price because I'd rather just replace them instead of doing a boot repair kit job.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:01 AM   #5
canuckder
4th Gear Member

That was my exact thought.

at part source they were 80 dollars, with no core charge.

napa was about 170 or something with a 70 dollar core charge.

the boots alone were 20 and change at both places. I figured they were never replaced, so just did them. I didnt check with the stealer ship.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:05 AM   #6
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckder View Post
That was my exact thought.

at part source they were 80 dollars, with no core charge.

napa was about 170 or something with a 70 dollar core charge.

the boots alone were 20 and change at both places. I figured they were never replaced, so just did them. I didnt check with the stealer ship.
Well then part source it is Thanks for the tip and where you got them. For 20$ boots, rather just spend the extra and get new everything and be done with it. Hanger barring is the final drive hanger correct? Just want to make sure I'm getting this correct lol.

I've learned a lot about bimmers but I still need to learn more
Old 07-05-2010, 01:10 AM   #7
canuckder
4th Gear Member

Ive been in the market for a second set of rims, just to throw on once awhile so not everyone sees "abustaifs old car" at the light. I havent really had any luck finding something I like enough to spend money on.

my buddy just got enkei RPF1s, in like 18x10.5 or something. I really like them
http://img705.imageshack.us/i/204xi.jpg/
http://img714.imageshack.us/i/205r.jpg/
Old 07-05-2010, 01:13 AM   #8
canuckder
4th Gear Member

haha dont worry me to, ive owned one pervious e30. there simple tho, its great! other then the random stripping bolt, can ruin my day real quick.

yeaa, like splits your drive shaft into two. itll be above your exhaust and heat shield, just a coupling with a bearing inside bolted to your under body. Ive actually been having bolts coming lose on my flex disk. still unresolved,
Old 07-05-2010, 01:36 AM   #9
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig

Send a message via MSN to e30_kid89
Still wish i could buy that m30...
Old 07-05-2010, 02:01 AM   #10
canuckder
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30_kid89 View Post
Still wish i could buy that m30...
If no one buys everything, and something goes wrong on your end!
Old 07-05-2010, 09:02 AM   #11
hosty
323i???

This car is/was a ****ing nightmare. Somedays I think you should just sell it and move on lol.

But, dropping the money on the 2j swap will be saweet.
hosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:51 AM   #12
canuckder
4th Gear Member

ahhh well. its been fun, right hosty?
canuckder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:16 PM   #13
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig

Send a message via MSN to e30_kid89
Quote:
Originally Posted by hosty View Post
This car is/was a ****ing nightmare. Somedays I think you should just sell it and move on lol.

But, dropping the money on the 2j swap will be saweet.
how was it a nightmare?
Old 07-05-2010, 02:27 PM   #14
hosty
323i???

Nothing mechanically. The motor is sound, but most the bolts, nuts, put back onto the car were STRIPPED! A ****ing monkey worked on this car. That's right I said it.

Changing the brakes took like 30x longer than it should of thanks to the knob that stripped the bolts back in, Lets not forget the diff drain bolts that were also stripped back in.

Motor is sound though, and is good fun real torquey since the new diff. Never let's the OP down.

So pretty much to sum it up a few chassis parts were a real BITCH to work on.

Last edited by hosty; 07-05-2010 at 03:04 PM.
hosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:24 PM   #15
Dissembler
4th Gear Member

hey canducker, I sent you a pm.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: