It's that time of year again, when summer events slow down and it's time to pay attention to our car maintenance needs. We've crunched the numbers, and we're proud to offer the maXbimmer community the lowest Inspection II prices ever seen in the GTA
How low? First, let's go over what's included:
1. Change engine oil and filter oil while engine is at normal operation temperature.
2. Check transmission for leaks.
3. Check rear axle for leaks.
4. Visually check fuel tank, lines, and connections for leaks.
5. Check condition, position, and mounting of exhaust system. Examine for leaks.
6. Check power steering system for leaks.
7. Check overall thickness of front and rear disc brake pads.
8. Examine brake disc surfaces.
9. Clean brake pad contact points in calipers.
10. Grease wheel center hubs.
11. Check steering for absence of play, condition of suspension track rods, front axle joints, steering linkage, and joint disc.
12. Check front control arm bushing for wear.
13. Check brake and clutch system connectors and lines for leaks, damage, and incorrect positioning.
14. Check for free movement of the parking brake cables. Adjust parking brake if necessary.
15. Check all tire pressures (including spare). Correct if necessary.
16. Check condition of tires (outer surfaces (left/right)), tread wear and pattern; In case of uneven tread wear readjust wheel alignment if required.
17. Check thickness of parking brake linings.
18. Half-shafts; check for leaks at flexible boots.
19. Inspect entire body according to terms of rust prevention limited warranty.
20. Replace fuel filter (not required, but we do it)
1. Read out diagnostic system
2. Check engine cooling system/heater hose connections for leaks.
3. Check coolant level and antifreeze protection level; add coolant if necessary.
4. Check level of brake and clutch fluid in reservoir; add fluid if required.
5. Check windshield washer fluid level and antifreeze protection. Fill up and/or correct if necessary.
6. Check air conditioner for operation.
7. Reset Service Indicator.
8. Replace spark plugs.
9. Replace intake air cleaner element.
1. Check battery electrolyte level and add distilled water if required.
2. Perform batter load test.
3. Check lighting system, i.e. headlights, foglights, parking, backup, license plate, interior (including map reading lights), glove box, flashlight, illuminated makeup mirrors, luggage compartment lights.
4. Check instrument panel and dashboard illumination.
5. Check all warning/indicator lights, check control.
6. Check turn signals, hazard warning flashers, brake lights, horns, headlight dimmer/flasher switch.
7. Check wiper and washer system(s); wiper blades, washer jet positions.
8. Check condition and function of safety belts.
9. Oil hood, trunk/tailgate, and door hinges.
10. Grease hood, trunk/tailgate and door latches. Check operation of all latches.
11. Check central locking/double lock.
12. Replace microfilter or Acc Cabin Filter.
13. Check heater/air conditioner blower, rear window defogger.
14. Check rear view mirrors
15. Visually examine the SRS airbag units for torn cover, obvious damage or attachment of decals, decorations, or accessories.
1. Road test with check of brakes, suspension, steering, clutch/manual transmission or automatic transmission.
All parts used are OEM BMW (Mann, Mahle, Bosch, etc) except where better is stocked (NGK EQUP plugs). Engine oil is 5w30 BMW LL-01 except for the E46 M3 and E39 M5 where 10w60 Lubro Moly high performance oil is used.
Pricing (plus tax!):
E36 6 cylinder (inc M3): $350
E46 non-M, E39 6 cylinder, X3 (all): $400
E39 540i: $450
E38 740i/iL, X5 3.0: $500
E46 M3, E39 M5: $550*
*E46 M3 valve inspection (including new valve cover gasket) $120 extra. If valves require adjustment price will depend on amount of shims needed.
Please call us and book your appointment today!