Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-16-2010, 04:47 PM   #16
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Ahh nice! RIM sounds like a awesome job considering they are thinking of new things for BB.

I found a place, it's 1170 Fisher Ave. Rent is 870$ all inclusive and get the 4th floor (Small building) with the view of the experimental farm lol. The lady said to my girlfriend that I'll get a year's free parking spot if we sign this week, so 500$ in savings over a year sounds good to me and it's within a fair bus ride to downtown and such. I'm excited for this new beginning! Should be seeing some of you guys at a bmw meet in Ottawa within the next month
Old 08-16-2010, 04:49 PM   #17
bmwconnect
BMW Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavocSteve View Post
Ahh nice! RIM sounds like a awesome job considering they are thinking of new things for BB.

I found a place, it's 1170 Fisher Ave. Rent is 870$ all inclusive and get the 4th floor (Small building) with the view of the experimental farm lol. The lady said to my girlfriend that I'll get a year's free parking spot if we sign this week, so 500$ in savings over a year sounds good to me and it's within a fair bus ride to downtown and such. I'm excited for this new beginning! Should be seeing some of you guys at a bmw meet in Ottawa within the next month
Bonus! 5mins from M&M meets
bmwconnect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:14 PM   #18
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwconnect View Post
Bonus! 5mins from M&M meets
That's too far of a drive for me I think I should look for a place just around the corner from the meet spot, that way I can maximize on the fuel savings. Just kidding! Didn't know it would be so close =\ Though that it would be a drive across the city to get to the meet spot
Old 08-17-2010, 08:35 AM   #19
gervs
2nd Gear Member

Nice, congrats and good find, nice area for the price!
gervs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:01 PM   #20
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gervs View Post
Nice, congrats and good find, nice area for the price!
Yea, it's the best place for me and her I think. Not to far from downtown and her University, and it's in a fairly good area since her Aunt and Uncle live just around the corner so if we ever need anything they ain't to far.

Anyone know a good place to start looking for work? I've been searching the Job Bank of Ontario website, but most of them are start asap jobs. Just wondering if anyone has any experience in the job searching field over in Ottawa
Old 08-17-2010, 07:03 PM   #21
oldskool3
4th Gear Member

Which field are you in?
oldskool3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:09 PM   #22
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskool3 View Post
Which field are you in?
Not really in a field. I haven't had any College or University courses taken. I do however have knowledge in the Transportation side, from being a courier driver to a Dispatch Support Clerk along with some office administration. I only have my previous jobs to support any kind of effort in any field. I'm willing to learn and do pretty much anything once. So basically I'm a nothing in the eyes of the world until I go to College or University, in which case I can't do so until next year because I still live at home with mom and dad lol.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:12 PM   #23
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

Great location.. you're 2 minutes from the 417 smack in the middle of the city, and 15 to anywhere from there barring traffic. IMO, the best location of the entire city. Remember that even if you were far, you're still in a city 1/7th the size of Toronto.

You're literally a 5 minute drive to M&M.. I'd know, so am I... !!!
Old 08-18-2010, 12:08 AM   #24
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlast View Post
Great location.. you're 2 minutes from the 417 smack in the middle of the city, and 15 to anywhere from there barring traffic. IMO, the best location of the entire city. Remember that even if you were far, you're still in a city 1/7th the size of Toronto.

You're literally a 5 minute drive to M&M.. I'd know, so am I... !!!
Where are you located at? Kinda nice to know that I could just swing by and chit chat and have a beer with someone I "kinda" know from online experience. But yea, Ottawa just seems amazing since you can pretty much walk all over the place when your downtown and driving doesn't seem horrible at all. Oshawa is starting to get crowded and sometimes backs up since people are moving here for the property value.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:45 AM   #25
gervs
2nd Gear Member

If you've done some admin stuff, there are a few temp agencies you can get in on while you search for something a little more permanent.
gervs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:55 AM   #26
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gervs View Post
If you've done some admin stuff, there are a few temp agencies you can get in on while you search for something a little more permanent.
Sounds like my best bet. Guessing I'll google up some Temp agencies and hopefully can score permanent over time.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:01 AM   #27
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

Too bad you can't speak french as one of the BMW dealers had an admin position open. Bilingual is a necessity though.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:55 AM   #28
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlast View Post
Too bad you can't speak french as one of the BMW dealers had an admin position open. Bilingual is a necessity though.
Je parle un peu de francais, mai je peu pas parle tres bein. I dropped out after grade 9 after being forced to learn it from K to grade 9 lol. Now I think I made a bad mistake! lol. Maybe I should take some french courses and get back into the swing because like they say, if you don't use it, you'll loose it! I just got an email back from a temp place and they have nothing available for what my work experience has been so far >_< GAY!!!!
Old 08-18-2010, 11:57 AM   #29
canuckder
4th Gear Member

i may be able to help you out, my buddy does mold removal, makes pretty decent money. hes always bugging my to move out there, once you get there send me a pm and ill give you hes email.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:01 PM   #30
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckder View Post
i may be able to help you out, my buddy does mold removal, makes pretty decent money. hes always bugging my to move out there, once you get there send me a pm and ill give you hes email.
You sir, are more then a man! Thank you very much Mold removal sounds cool. If things work out, I'll have to get you a LCBO gift card for the generosity

P.S. Everlast, you think I can trail you to the autocross? Seeing that we might not live to far from each other. I'd hate to be that guy that just rolls up and says "Is this the autoX?" and someone say "Uh.. no?" lol.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: