Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-15-2010, 02:59 AM   #1
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Apartments

Hey guys, just looking for some info from people in the Ottawa region. My gf is attending UOttawa this semester and we're looking into getting an apartment together (I'm going to search for employment), but it seems that me and her living in the T.O. area poses a problem when it comes to apartment hunting. We need a single bedroom that will cost under $1000/mth and have a parking spot for one, needs to be near downtown, and also include all the amenities (hydro,water,heat). If anyone can point me in the right direction before Wednesday, that would be more then appreciated. She's in Ottawa till then, looking over apartments. We've been looking at the Glebe area and maybe Vanier (spelling?) but just something with transit and could possibly be a 30min walk to downtown. Thanks again guys! I'll be seeing you at the Timmies meets shortly!
Old 08-15-2010, 09:47 AM   #2
zarbat007
3rd Gear Member

Try 180 Lees Avenue.
Close to UOttawa and downtown. Call the office to see if they have an apartment for you.
There are a bunch of other apartments around too.

You may have to pay an extra $50 or so a month for underground parking.
zarbat007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:40 AM   #3
Duct_Taper

Triole Investments has some decent looking ones. I haven't checked them out personally but the stuff on the website looks pretty good. St. Moritz, Elizabeth, and Waldorf are all right downtown.

http://www.trioleinvestments.com/properties.html
Duct_Taper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:31 PM   #4
dannyb
4th Gear Member

You could look at apartments in hull near portage, you could walk to OttawaU in 30mins and the rent is going to be way cheaper. I know my friend had a 3bdroom apartment for 800$ with parking for 3. Downtown ottawa ive only seen bachelors for 1000$ without parking.
dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 03:02 PM   #5
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Thanks for some of the info guys. Yea, I don't mind a little of a bus ride or w/e. Rather stay on the Ontario side since me and her speak no french. I know I was looking more West Ottawa and some of East Ottawa, only because the prices seemed alright. South Ottawa costs a lot because of the Glebe setting it has.

Thanks for the link for Triole Inv. They have some nice buildings. Just gave my gf their numbers, so shes going to make some calls today because I like the layout of the buildings.

Last edited by HavocSteve; 08-15-2010 at 03:11 PM.
HavocSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 05:16 PM   #6
E46Dude
Respect ur Parents.

Just out of curiousity -- what is the Ontario or English speaking side of Ottawa anyway?

I may be moving out there soon as well for work....I think my office would be around Innovation drive - so Im curious about good apartment/condos in Ottawa as well....

And to know WHERE exactly is the english side....:d
E46Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:52 PM   #7
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Ahaha.. well from my experience so far, staying in Ontario is more english. We cruised over to Hull so we could clubbing since last year she was 18 going to University and just crossing the bridge, there was more people speaking french. But Ottawa has a good mix of both.

Btw, E46Dude, what do you do for work?
Old 08-16-2010, 12:28 PM   #8
gervs
2nd Gear Member

The more east, the more french, applies on both sides of the border.
So, Kanata is mostly english and Orleans is Largely french.
Aylmer is mostly english, Gatineau east is french.

Either way, even if your on the Quebec side, you don't really run into the Language barrier issue as most of it's citizens are younger english couples, or biligual. You start running into the language barrier in the outskirts.

I'm in the east end of Gatineau, and get service at most restaurants and stores in english (and I am french).
gervs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:30 PM   #9
gervs
2nd Gear Member

Also, try http://www.sleepwellmanagement.com/index.php

I had an apartment with them while I was house hunting. They have some unlisted apartments too they usually get rid of before posting up, just tell them what you are looking for and they'll give you a list of what they got.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:42 PM   #10
bmwconnect
BMW Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavocSteve View Post
Ahaha.. well from my experience so far, staying in Ontario is more english. We cruised over to Hull so we could clubbing since last year she was 18 going to University and just crossing the bridge, there was more people speaking french. But Ottawa has a good mix of both.

Btw, E46Dude, what do you do for work?
I wouldn't move to the Quebec side for a million dollars
bmwconnect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:49 PM   #11
gervs
2nd Gear Member

what if it was for 2 million?
Old 08-16-2010, 01:51 PM   #12
gervs
2nd Gear Member

btw bear, can you make my 94 dakota with a 318magnum get better gas mileage? lol sorry for thread jackin
Old 08-16-2010, 02:34 PM   #13
bmwconnect
BMW Tuner

Quote:
what if it was for 2 million?
No I'm a ignorant brit

Quote:
btw bear, can you make my 94 dakota with a 318magnum get better gas mileage? lol sorry for thread jackin
No the dodge requires special tool...sorry!
bmwconnect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 02:59 PM   #14
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Thanks for the link gervs. Just hard to get a place set before Wednesday, I know my girlfriend would like to view the places and make sure there's a security set on the apartment so we truly get the place lol.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:18 PM   #15
E46Dude
Respect ur Parents.

I work for RIM....we have a office down in Ottawa so I may be moving there for a year or two soon...depending on a few things coming together within the next few weeks...so I was curious as to which side to avoid....
E46Dude is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: