Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-10-2010, 12:43 AM   #1
ZiMMie
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to ZiMMie Send a message via MSN to ZiMMie
The Ultimate Track Toy Now For sale.

Quote:
This weekend saw the wraps going off to Lotus’ F1 inspired flagship track car: The Lotus Exos T125. Revealed at Monterey Motorsports Pre-Reunion, this new car is a speed and thrill bonanza and uses F1 technology and a Cosworth V8 engine. Its chassis is a carbon fiber monocoque and has wide front wings and the narrow at the rear end.

What else resembles F1 cars is coke bottle shape, top exit exhaust, shark fin engine covers, carbon ceramic brakes and a carbon fiber pushrod suspension. In the cockpit, there is peddle shifted semi automatic gearbox, an on-steering wheel LCD screen that features multitude of control settings operable through steering wheel and lots of air-splitting down-force aids.

Detuned Cosworth V8 engine is housed behind the driver and still produces 650bhp with a 10,300rpm but needs a rebuild every 4500km. Total weight of the car is merely 650kg, which means it has power to weight ratio of 1.3kg per Kilowatt which is far less in comparison the Bugatti Veyron’s 2.5kg per kilowatt figures. Lotus aims to built 25 of such vehicles per year and priced it at one million apiece.

Source.
http://www.caradvice.com.au/77551/lo...t-laguna-seca/
ZiMMie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:49 AM   #2
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Do want.

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:53 AM   #3
spoony_prelude
Eurowerke

hmm i dont think those front wings would stay intact very long on toronto's streets

any possibility of a group buy for this thing?

Jay
Old 08-10-2010, 04:06 AM   #4
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

fap fap fap
Old 08-10-2010, 09:14 AM   #5
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Is lotus already selling off this years F1 cars to fund next years campaign or what lol.
Old 08-10-2010, 09:30 AM   #6
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
Is lotus already selling off this years F1 cars to fund next years campaign or what lol.
It's not an F1 car, just F1 inspired. I think this is a car for rich guys that want to go racing open wheel track cars on the weekend. (or whenever they don't work, since that could be every day)
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 09:39 AM   #7
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
LOL yeah probably trying to get some money back from that disaster, hoping that some people can buy these cars before they find out how dogshit slow the cars are. The only notable accomplishment of theirs I can remember from the season so far, is almost killing Mark Webber.
BigD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:19 AM   #8
ZiMMie
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to ZiMMie Send a message via MSN to ZiMMie
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
LOL yeah probably trying to get some money back from that disaster, hoping that some people can buy these cars before they find out how dogshit slow the cars are. The only notable accomplishment of theirs I can remember from the season so far, is almost killing Mark Webber.
Which is clearly webbers fault. I wont write them off yet. Give them a year or 2 catch up with the pack.
ZiMMie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:38 AM   #9
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
It's not an F1 car, just F1 inspired.
lol I know. I was kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiMMie View Post
Which is clearly webbers fault. I wont write them off yet. Give them a year or 2 catch up with the pack.
The problem is that with the 107% rule next year they might not be racing at all. They've been outside of that bracket all season so far.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:28 PM   #10
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiMMie View Post
I'll concede that it it could have been Webber's fault, although I don't see it as clear cut but the root of the problem is that it's almost like the Daytona or Continental series, with two classes of cars running around out there. There should definitely be a tighter standard for qualifying in a race, not just your place on the grid but if you get to race at all. I hope the 107% rule fixes that. I remember reading that back in the day of F1 there used to be a whole pile of people who didn't get to take part in the race.
BigD is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: