Hey guys, looking at a car in Alberta and I live in Ontario. Seeing how the taxes are differenent in Alberta I was wondering if you would need to pay HST when bringing the car int Ontario. Anyone have any ideas?
If it's a private sale you'll pay 13% HST when you plate your car in ONT. If it's a dealer they should charge you 5% GST, which will be reflected on your bill of sale, so you'll pay the extra 8% when you do ONT plates. Either way it's 13%.