Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-15-2010, 12:12 PM   #16
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5style View Post
I didn't once compare toyota to bmw, so get off your high horse. No where, infact did it say ohh bmw is better then toyota, because , unless youre retarded its not even the same segment of vehicle. There are plenty of cars in its price range that are 14 times more solid then a toyota and you know it. For example, a new malibu is miles ahead of a camery.

A kia forte, and sadly cobalt and many other entry levels are way above a corolla and in the same price class.

Now what?

You seem to think people are comparing toyota to bmw here.... not at all. Compare apples to apples and toyota is still a rotten one
Name all 14 cars that are more solid in ANY category Toyota is in, in the same price range.

Have you ever been in a cobalt? What a ****ing piece of shit.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:24 PM   #17
damameke
6th Gear Member

You gotta have a reason to state

" Toyota is a pile of garbage, the quality is sub par and its solely an appliance, having no soul what so ever", so what car is this description comparing to, if its not a BMW?

I own a Matrix, a Mazda 3 Sport, a Honda SiR hatchback and 2 BMW and they are all fine car and each serves a purpose.

I can only add that all brand of cars has its problems, Toyota's recent issue was just magnified, would I buy Toyota again. of course I would...
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:40 PM   #18
cisco911
6th Gear Member

Quote:
I didn't once compare toyota to bmw, so get off your high horse. No where, infact did it say ohh bmw is better then toyota, because , unless youre retarded its not even the same segment of vehicle. There are plenty of cars in its price range that are 14 times more solid then a toyota and you know it. For example, a new malibu is miles ahead of a camery.

A kia forte, and sadly cobalt and many other entry levels are way above a corolla and in the same price class.

Now what?

You seem to think people are comparing toyota to bmw here.... not at all. Compare apples to apples and toyota is still a rotten one
Wow...never thought I would hear someone defend their argument using cobalt and forte as examples.

But looking at it now, I think your right. Countless awards, along with the highest safety and reliability rating of the modern era have to be wrong.

I mean, all those people that buy toyotas to make it the number one car manufacturer in the world are all doing it because they want unreliable cars that fall apart.

Thank you sir. I have changed my opinion on this subject.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:52 PM   #19
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe View Post

Have you ever been in a cobalt? What a ****ing piece of shit.
Just as much as a Corolla, ****ing pile of shitty cheap plastic.

Fine, you want a better car? Take a civic. Its miles ahead of a Cockrolla and doesn't cost much more. So yeah, you are doing it wrong. This isn't 1980 when Toyotas lived forever, did crazy mileages and refused to ever die

Last edited by 5style; 07-15-2010 at 12:55 PM.
5style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:58 PM   #20
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco911 View Post
Wow...never thought I would hear someone defend their argument using cobalt and forte as examples.

But looking at it now, I think your right. Countless awards, along with the highest safety and reliability rating of the modern era have to be wrong.

I mean, all those people that buy toyotas to make it the number one car manufacturer in the world are all doing it because they want unreliable cars that fall apart.

Thank you sir. I have changed my opinion on this subject.
I suggest you join tnation forums then! you can go out and brag on your new choice of Canadian tire hubcaps for your cockrolla.

The people who rave about this brand are the same ones who wipe out blaming a sticking accelerator and not knowing how to shift into neutral , turn off the motor or push the brakes.... just sayin'

Last edited by 5style; 07-15-2010 at 01:03 PM.
5style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:00 PM   #21
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by damameke View Post
You gotta have a reason to state

" Toyota is a pile of garbage, the quality is sub par and its solely an appliance, having no soul what so ever", so what car is this description comparing to, if its not a BMW?

I own a Matrix, a Mazda 3 Sport, a Honda SiR hatchback and 2 BMW and they are all fine car and each serves a purpose.

I can only add that all brand of cars has its problems, Toyota's recent issue was just magnified, would I buy Toyota again. of course I would...
Mazda 3 for example is a MUCH better and soulful drive then a Toyota corolla, since you own one you should know that....
Old 07-15-2010, 01:04 PM   #22
cisco911
6th Gear Member

Quote:
I suggest you join tnation forums then! you can go out and brag on your new choice of Canadian tire hubcaps for your cockrolla
Wow....your defense to my statements is to make an insult? Thats very mature of you.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:06 PM   #23
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Wow....your defense to my statements is to make an insult? Thats very mature of you.
Listen, im not one to rave about a car and then drive through a brick wall and blame it on a sticking pedal. Just sayin
Old 07-15-2010, 01:11 PM   #24
cisco911
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Listen, im not one to rave about a car and then drive through a brick wall and blame it on a sticking pedal. Just sayin
Neither am I, I would do the smart thing and hit the brakes....just sayin
Old 07-15-2010, 01:14 PM   #25
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Neither am I, I would do the smart thing and hit the brakes....just sayin
Then why are you so for a brand that is idolized by people who should not have driver licenses in the first place? and you KNOW who i am talking about, take a drive around the gta...
Old 07-15-2010, 01:24 PM   #26
cisco911
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Then why are you so for a brand that is idolized by people who should not have driver licenses in the first place? and you KNOW who i am talking about, take a drive around the gta...
Dude! You can't judge a car by the people that drive them! I have driven everything under the sun and even though I have favourite cars (and by the way, toyota is not my favourite), I can respect a good car when I see one and have the maturity to admit that a design or a car I love is flawed.

Has toyota had a tonne of recalls lately? Yes. Are their cars less reliable than they were back in the day? Yes. However, they are still some of the most reliable cars around. That should speak even more to the brand of Toyota as they have dropped in reliability, yet the competition still has not surpassed them. Don't you think?
Old 07-15-2010, 02:03 PM   #27
mstearnsy
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Dude! You can't judge a car by the people that drive them!
I dunno, I think you can judge a car by it's "typical" driver just like you can judge a driver by the type of car that they're in. You have to be very specific type of (boring) person to look at all the vehicles available today and think "boy this beige, automatic Corolla is REALLY my style".
mstearnsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:10 PM   #28
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

You guys are overthinking this. Most people couldn't give half a turd about what car they were driving, so long as it was reliable and good value. Toyota delivers on this.

5Style: Ok, so a civic is better than a corolla. How about the other 13 you promised?

I also don't know what everyone expects from an automatic transmission. The transmission in the Sienna is on par for smoothness with both the X5 and E60, which is saying a lot. Yes, it sometimes doesn't downshift as fast as you'd like, and jumps into the highest gear as quickly as possible, but that's because it's aiming for fuel economy.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's

Last edited by Axxe; 07-15-2010 at 02:13 PM.
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:34 PM   #29
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe View Post
Most people couldn't give half a turd about what car they were driving
I sure as shit do and I wouldn't trade my 4Runner for any of its competitors if I was paid to do so.

I have also driven the contemporary Cobalt, Corolla and Mazda3. I was unimpressed with the Mazda, I'd place the Cobalt above it on a shopping list. The Corolla is a very decent, comfortable car for the money. I haven't driven the modern Civic but all the ones up to this point have been louder and harsher than the rest and to some this may make a "fun" car, to me it makes it annoying during daily driving.

As for fun to drive, you guys talk about lemming mentality thinking Toyota is safe and reliable, well I propose to you that this fun to drive BS is pure lemming drivel. How much fun you have while driving is up to you. I've had a rental auto Cobalt on Mt Tremblant and I had more fun driving than many if not most Corvette or Porsche owners ever will. So if you define a fun car as something that has overly sensitive steering and harsh ride, then you can keep them.

Old 07-15-2010, 02:56 PM   #30
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

here's a fun twist
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/to...ory-22485.html

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: