There are still some spots available. Events details are below. Some points of note:
1) Only two run groups total, once you are signed off you can run in the instructor group and track time is pretty much unlimited (more then you can handle)
2) Pass anywhere
3) Derek Hanson in the classroom - should be fun.
GVC BMW Website:
The Genesee Valley Chapter of BMW CCA is proud to offer a special 2-day HPDE at Mosport International Raceway Park in Bowmanville, Ontario.
The GVC has over 26 years of experience conducting HP driving schools, and is nationally recognized for its carefully structured, state-of-the-art, 2-day instructional program emphasizing driver skill development and safety.
Our highly trained and experienced in-car instructors coach participants at all levels of skill development, reinforcing the theory and practice of high performance driving taught in the classroom by one of our master classroom instructors.
The knowledge and skills learned here will certainly carry over to “the street”, making you a more confident and safe driver.
Format of the Mosport HPDE:
The format of this event is different from most HP car club driving schools. The basic theme for the school is maximum track time for both students and instructors.
The school is aimed primarily at advanced and intermediate students. Highlights include:
· Only one student run group of no more than 40 cars.
· Personal instructor for each student who will work with them both days.
· Four half -hour student track sessions, including three “private”
(student-only) sessions, and one “open” (students and un-assigned instructors) session, during which students will be coached in-car by their instructors.
· Three classroom sessions each day conducted by Derek Hanson, one of the most highly-regarded and knowledgeable HP driving instructors in North America.
· Liberal passing rules that reduce the frustrating “trains” that pile up behind slower cars:
o Passing allowed on any straight with a point-bye.
o Late passing into corners is allowed and expected.
o Passing exercises will teach late passing techniques, and how to extend braking zones into the entry of corners.
· Students who have been signed-off to drive solo may also run with the instructors.
Instructors are invited to join us for two days of open-track driving. Instructors will be assigned to no more than one student, and will instruct this student for 4 on-track sessions each day. Skilled students may be signed-off to run solo after the first run session each day, and are also allowed to run with instructors in open-track.
The track is open for lapping by all instructors (and solo students) after the third student run group of the day.
We provide extensive written materials to help prepare you and your vehicle prior to coming to the track. To make the experience more enjoyable for students and instructors new to Mosport, there will be a presentation the night before the event covering the schedule and curriculum of the driving school, route instructions to the track, the layout of the track facilities, where to go for help, and so forth.
350USD for both days
We are now using MotorSportReg to handle registration for this event:
The Trillium instructors should be there as well