Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Detailing & Care
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-02-2010, 04:51 PM   #1
AWhelan
1st Gear Newbie

Upholstery

Hey,

I have a '89 325i and I was looking at the seats the other day and they are cracking up. I know there are products out there to apply and help turn back time a bit but the cracks are getting a bit deep for this treatment.

I like the original look of the gray leather interior but I have a few options I have thought about. The first would be redoing the seats myself. I was looking up guides online and the process didn't seem that hard but there is a lot of room for me to screw it up. Has anyone tried this?

The second option is buying second hand seats and installing them. The only problem with that is shipping. I live in Newfoundland, Canada and there are very few used bmw's for sale and even fewer (I haven't come across one yet) parting out sales. So I was wondering if I could buy seats from someone and have them remove the leather and ship it. Is this possible without ruining the seats or can it be done (given the person selling eases them off)?

Aaron
AWhelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:05 PM   #2
bryansbestwax
1st Gear Newbie

try cleaning them well with a leather cleaners and a good tampico brush. After that you can try some 0000 steel wool and leather cleaner and gently rub the leather to get any dirt off. After that you would have to redye the seats, you can go to leatherique canada and he may be able to match a dye to the seats. You would have to get the prepping agent and then dye the seats.
bryansbestwax is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: