Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-02-2010, 09:19 PM   #1
bunnykiller
2nd Gear Member

Mississauga Represent

I know this info is a bit out dated but intresting none the less.
Mississauga is the largest suburban municipality in all of North America, with a population of 636,801 and a population density of 2125.1/kmē. Mississauga is larger than the American cities of Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Boston, Massachusetts; Washington DC; Nashville, Tennessee; Seattle, Washington; Portland, Oregon; New Orleans, Louisiana; Las Vegas, Nevada; Cleveland, Ohio; Atlanta, Georgia; Sacramento, California; Minneapolis, Minnesota; Miami, Florida etc. Mississauga also has a higher population than the Canadian city of Vancouver, British Columbia. The five largest suburbs in North America, in order, are Mississauga, Ontario; Mesa, Arizona; Virginia Beach, Virginia; Surrey, British Columbia; and Laval, Quebec.

Not to mention the nations busiest highway/airport. The highway rivals any major USA city.

http://www.spiritus-temporis.com/sub...rbs-today.html
bunnykiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:26 PM   #2
bunnykiller
2nd Gear Member

Another intresting factolid.

The Mississauga train derailment of 1979 occurred on Saturday, November 10, 1979, in Canada, when a 106-car Canadian Pacific freight train carrying explosive and poisonous chemicals from Windsor, Ontario was derailed near the intersection of Mavis Road and Dundas Street in Mississauga, Ontario. As a result of the derailment, over 200,000 people were evacuated in what was then the largest peacetime evacuation in North America up until the New Orleans evacuation of 2005. It was the last explosion in the Greater Toronto Area until the Sunrise Propane blast in 2008. There were no deaths resulting from the spill.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1979_Mi...ain_derailment
Old 07-02-2010, 09:43 PM   #3
325isdan
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnykiller View Post
Another intresting factolid.

The Mississauga train derailment of 1979 occurred on Saturday, November 10, 1979, in Canada, when a 106-car Canadian Pacific freight train carrying explosive and poisonous chemicals from Windsor, Ontario was derailed near the intersection of Mavis Road and Dundas Street in Mississauga, Ontario. As a result of the derailment, over 200,000 people were evacuated in what was then the largest peacetime evacuation in North America up until the New Orleans evacuation of 2005. It was the last explosion in the Greater Toronto Area until the Sunrise Propane blast in 2008. There were no deaths resulting from the spill.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1979_Mi...ain_derailment
Parents have told me about this. They said it was very eerie to see.
325isdan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:12 PM   #4
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Great place to be! Just purchased my first property here, condo at SQ 1.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:13 PM   #5
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Hahahahahah, mississauga? more like miserysauga. the most depressing place in the world. Suburban wasteland with horrible traffic. Oh how much I miss that

The funny thing is that every single one of those american cities have 1000000000000000000000x the culture and vibrancy miserysauga could only dream about.

my sister moved into a new condo in square one recently, and i just about puked when i saw the boring brown and tan interior finishes. Then I went outside. And saw not a soul out on Saturday night.

Miserysauga name fits the place so well. And brown should be the official color of the city.

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform

Last edited by BMW_7; 07-05-2010 at 02:21 PM.
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:41 PM   #6
davericher20
black and blue

^^^^pfffttt hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:51 PM   #7
bunnykiller
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_7 View Post
Hahahahahah, mississauga? more like miserysauga. the most depressing place in the world. Suburban wasteland with horrible traffic. Oh how much I miss that

The funny thing is that every single one of those american cities have 1000000000000000000000x the culture and vibrancy miserysauga could only dream about.

my sister moved into a new condo in square one recently, and i just about puked when i saw the boring brown and tan interior finishes. Then I went outside. And saw not a soul out on Saturday night.

Miserysauga name fits the place so well. And brown should be the official color of the city.
Wait, ur insulting another city as a Montreal resident? LOL

Mississauaga was only incoporated in 1974 witch is way less time then any of those cities. We don't have alot of culture but there are a few places, Streetsville, Clarkson, Port Credit, Erindale and Old Derry Road just to name a few. Also the art gallary at SQ1, the Confederation bridge and the Credit River. The city has culture it's just over shadowed by its tremendous growth.

Absolute World is a residential development in Mississauga, Ontario, consisting of 5 condominium tower blocks.[1] It is currently being built by Fernbrook Homes and Cityzen Development Group, with the first three towers completed. The last two towers are the centrepiece of this massive development, now under construction, and will substantially change Mississauga's skyline, topping out at 56 and 50 floors respectively. These two tower blocks will be the tallest of any built in a Canadian suburban city.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:52 PM   #8
bunnykiller
2nd Gear Member

Meybe you are misserable when u are here but thats the first time I heard anyone call it that.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:53 PM   #9
hypno_nls1
4th Gear Member

^^ i would never in my life live in Mississauga, peel region police are dicks, wayyyy too many people, worse traffic everytime I get anywhere near that area. I dont believe this is a thread

Fear Nothing. Risk Everything.

This is not your everyday, ordinary ****ing beamer!!
hypno_nls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:58 PM   #10
bunnykiller
2nd Gear Member

Tim Hortons Southside Shuffle (Mississauga)
September 10 - 12

Carassauga Festival of Cultures (Mississauga)
May 28 - 30

Mississauga Waterfront Festival (Port Credit) (OFV)
June 18 - 20

MuslimFest 2010 (Mississauga)
July 31 - August 1
Old 07-05-2010, 02:59 PM   #11
bunnykiller
2nd Gear Member

Compaired to Ajax Bolton has a lot of traffic. No shit the traffic is bad but you just have to know the city to know how to get around it.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:07 PM   #12
bunnykiller
2nd Gear Member

The Peel Regional Police (PRP) provides police services for Peel Region in Ontario, Canada. As of 2005, it is the second largest municipal police service in Ontario after the Toronto Police Service and third largest municipal force in Canada (behind Toronto and Montreal) with 1,700 uniformed members and close to 600 support staff.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:21 PM   #13
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

there are areas where people go outside at night in sauga but for the most part its pretty dull... roads are great for cruising at night though
Old 07-05-2010, 09:57 PM   #14
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Mississucka is more like it. Land of fail.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:40 PM   #15
bunnykiller
2nd Gear Member

Stop hating ****ing douches. Compare ur city to Mississauga.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: