Electronic gremlin in my 330i: no turn signal, steering wheel controls
I've recently had some issues with my car that I wanted to share in case anyone else has experienced or is experiencing the same thing. It is easiest to mention each occurence/incident:
1) My turn signal indicator works intermittently. I'll push the stalk down or up depending on which direction I am turning and I don't here the tick-tock and the lights don't blink. Or sometimes they do blink but don't cancel or self-cancel.
2) Green fog light indicator works intermittently even though the foglights are actually on.
3) Steering wheel radio controls work intermittently. No volume control or freedom to change tracks or radio stations. One time I tried to change the radio station and the radio kept scrolling through the stations. At this point, I could not stop it, change audio sources, or even turn the radio off.
4) High beams malfunction at the same time the turn signal indicator malfunctions.
5) One time the gauges stayed lit even though my LCM was set to "0" or 12 'o' clock. I turned the car on, and they went out.
6) No visual confirmation when vehicle is locked via remote key.
I've taken it to Budds' BMW Oakville and my service advisor presumes it is the slip ring, which he claims affects all controls on the steering wheel and steering column. I am still waiting to hear back from him.
Just want to know if anyone has experienced anything similar or if anyone thinks they know what it could be. I have an M3 steering wheel. I didn't have any time to take it to my ordinary guys and it is a safety concern so I had to take it to the dealer.