Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-22-2010, 01:48 AM   #1
bunnykiller
2nd Gear Member

iPad is shit so it doesnt take much to kill it..

..but this looks like it will

Better then a big iPhone that can't make calls or take pics...
bunnykiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:18 AM   #2
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

The better tech doesn't always win........

It will be hard for any manufacture to catch up to the solid base Apple has built with the AppStore and the fact that no one will come close to the iPad in sales.

Apple just does a good job at offering the full solution.

Not just fancy hardware with a worthless OS and applications that aren't designed for touch screen use.
Win 7 is too bloated to be useful on a portable device.

Last edited by T.Dot_E30; 06-22-2010 at 10:44 AM.
T.Dot_E30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:01 AM   #3
Michel
6th Gear Member

this just looks like a netbook with a touchscreen keyboard. Should of just kept the keyboard real at least.

and look how chopy and slow the transitions look compared to apples ipad. lol
Old 06-22-2010, 01:56 PM   #4
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
since when can the ipad not make calls? The 3g one can? The other one isn't a phone...

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black, ohlins, pazzo, graves
propr'one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:33 PM   #5
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post

It will be hard for any manufacture to catch up to the solid base Apple has built with the AppStore and the fact that no one will come close to the iPad in sales.

Not just fancy hardware with a worthless OS and applications that aren't designed for touch screen use.
too bad apple hardware is identical and overpriced for what what you can get elsewhere

id rather get an i5 or i7 processor powered Asus or Lenovo for less than a crappy macbook and put the OSX on it

mac fad died when they started using intel

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:35 PM   #6
bunnykiller
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post

Since when is Windows 7 bloated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
since when can the ipad not make calls? The 3g one can? The other one isn't a phone...
Short answer: No.

Long answer...

The specs from Apple's site are as follows:

Wi-Fi + 3G model

* UMTS/HSDPA (850, 1900, 2100 MHz)
* GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
* Data only
* Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n)
* Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR technology

Input and output

* Dock connector
* 3.5-mm stereo headphone jack
* Built-in speakers
* Microphone
* SIM card tray (Wi-Fi + 3G model only)

So while looking at the specs would make me think it is CAPABLE of doing phone calls, note the bullet that says DATA ONLY. As of now, it won't have the software to make phone calls, though I do think the hardware would be capable.

To the people saying how silly it would be for phone calls: Obviously you wouldn't hold it up to your head, you would either use a bluetooth headset or treat it like a speaker phone.
Source(s):
http://www.apple.com/ipad/specs/

HELLO! - watch more funny videos
Old 06-22-2010, 03:18 PM   #7
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
The ipad will be able to make calls starting in 4.1

also, i'm not sticking up for the ipad. My laptop costs 1/2 as much, is twice as fast, and still has 3G/wifi, bla bla bla, but it also has DVI out so it can be a HTPC.

Iphones/ipods are the only really good apple products out there. Everything else is mediocre, like the rest of the computer world.

btw, you're about 3 months late with the "ipad is shit" thread.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black, ohlins, pazzo, graves

Last edited by propr'one; 06-22-2010 at 03:21 PM.
propr'one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:37 PM   #8
bunnykiller
2nd Gear Member

This was more of a thread to show off the new Toshiba product.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:14 AM   #9
King Luis
The King.

Send a message via MSN to King Luis
that is not an ipad competitor, why? cause you have to open it up like every other netbook. that is why i like the ipad better. its like a piece of paper. huge touchscreen that you can hold and not have to set it on something....like a tablet minus the moving parts.
i've used netbooks before and unless your 6 years old with pins for fingers, they are rubbish. and i've used windows 7 and some how windows xp is still faster and smoother. windows 7 is like a tweaked version of vista. yes i like macs better then all other pc companies because their shit works.
at first i didn't like the ipad, but the more i think about what it can really be used for, throw it on your coffee table for quickly checking websites while watching tv, reading a book (instead of having a bunch of them piled up on the table), or entertaining, it really makes it a perfect piece of hardware. and the os and appstore make it basically unbeatable.

Sold:2004 Silver Gray M3
Mods: Dice Unit, EAS Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors, CSL Diffuser, Smoked Corners, PSS10s, 15mm Front and 10mm Rear Spacers.

Gone:1990 Brilliantrot 325is
Mods: Alpine speakers and HU, Euro Projectors, Magnaflow Muffler, Euro Smoked Tails and GC Coilovers.
King Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:08 AM   #10
daytona
6th Gear Member

If only MS would release this thingy it will destroy ipad...think about it a two year old mid level netbook has more options that a ipad..those harping about how great ipad is and its not completing with notebooks really making accuses buying a device that even Apple lovers are deep down disappointed.The thing keeping it alive is the apps available at the itune store.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFQWc...eature=related
Old 06-23-2010, 11:15 AM   #11
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

People are sheep, oh look I can use my finger to drag shit... big deal, as if pressing a key is a lot of work.

Like sheep to slaughter.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:22 AM   #12
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Sales will determine the winner....

iPad is blowing everyone away in sales. No netbook or competitor device even comes close.

Quote:
iPad sales hit the three million mark yesterday, making it one of the most successful product launches in history. That’s a whopping three million in 80 days, making the iPad look like one of the most successful new product launches in recent history.
http://www.electricpig.co.uk/2010/06...three-million/

Not bad for something that has less options than a 2 year old mid level netbook?
Basically if that is your argument you are missing the point, it's not the hardware alone that makes a device sell.

Last edited by T.Dot_E30; 06-23-2010 at 11:24 AM.
T.Dot_E30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:02 PM   #13
sirex
King Sirex

The only problem with touch screen laptops/etc is that the DPI is too low and you cant write on them like a tablet. Soon as they come up with an affordable way to do this on laptops then so long.

Quote:

Your joking right? Apple has positioned itself as "THE BETTER TECH." No one needs to catch up to apple. They need to release a product that is useful and that will sell to consumers that actually need the product to do something useful.

The Ipad does absolutely nothign special, or useful for that matter. Its not a true tablet, its just 1 big iphone. It looks cool, thats about it.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:32 PM   #14
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
The Ipad does absolutely nothign special, or useful for that matter. Its not a true tablet, its just 1 big iphone. It looks cool, thats about it.
Again, the sales of the iPad speaks for itself.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:18 PM   #15
sirex
King Sirex

So your argument is that: It has crazy high sales numbers, therefore its the best product on the market?

Thats not true at all. Apple has a large community of fanbois. They are going to buy it regardless. Its still a useless product. I dont think Bunnykiller said that this product, or any product better then apple is going to KILL apples sales. Because it wont, the people are already indoctrinated.

In terms of a BETTER product being out there that will do more then the Ipad, and be better, I think they already exist.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: