Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-28-2010, 10:07 AM   #16
dannyb
4th Gear Member

Dont get a stage 2 clutch if you're driving in traffic
dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:31 AM   #17
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Well it looks like this is put on hold for now.. I think I blew a head gasket because the rad & hoses have no leaks and my car drove hot last night (thank god I was near my house). Dismorning I finally ventured outside and filled it up with some fluids and it's leaking like crazy from under the motor, no where else is leaking. So the only thing I can think of it the head gasket.

Just so I make sure I get the right one. It's the first one correct?

http://www.autopartsway.ca/autoparts...W~325is~240491

Last edited by HavocSteve; 06-28-2010 at 10:37 AM.
HavocSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:05 AM   #18
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Scratch that. It's a heater hose running to the firewall. Right at the clamp it busted the hose from the water pump area. So either I'm getting a hose later tonight off my friend or Rudy will be paid a visit tonight Simple fix since the hose is cut near the firewall with a couple clamps and metal tube.

Stupid hoses causes me grief. Anyway you can eliminate hoses? I might just weld metal hoses everywhere on my car so they stop busting.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:14 PM   #19
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

Or replace them all with hoses in good condition. They will not "keep busting".
Old 06-28-2010, 12:52 PM   #20
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig

Send a message via MSN to e30_kid89
Quote:
Originally Posted by everlast View Post
"keep busting".

I lol'd when I read this.
Old 06-28-2010, 01:25 PM   #21
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30_kid89 View Post
I lol'd when I read this.
ROFL!

I've replaced pretty much every hose except for the heater core hoses. Which of course are the ones that went for a crap. I've even used dishwasher hose from the reservoir into the block because it has a harder plastic and lining around the rubber hose itself and works perfectly. So once I get these hoses replaced, I should have no problems. Going to be doing an oil change within the next couple of days as well. Just so many things to do with the CF and new job that this car is being a pain in the ass Oh well.. That's what you get for buying an E30
Old 06-28-2010, 01:32 PM   #22
belmin21
1st Gear Newbie

what do u know about buying an e30 please just shut up (its prob ur first car too)

and not what not wat u get for buying an e30, thats what u get for buying a piece of shit !
belmin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:15 PM   #23
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
Originally Posted by belmin21 View Post
what do u know about buying an e30 please just shut up (its prob ur first car too)

and not what not wat u get for buying an e30, thats what u get for buying a piece of shit !
Dayyum, shit just got real in this thread lol

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:07 PM   #24
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:

Calm down retard. If I want to buy a POS, then it's my money to waste. Ain't your money. So GTFO my thread.

Btw, learn to not studder so much on the internet. You look like a moron.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:12 PM   #25
slimjim
Almost Sideways

Quote:
You don't want a racing clutch unless you're racing, you want a street clutch. You'll ruin a racing clutch in no time by street driving it. They're not meant to slip the way you need to on the street.
BLASPHOMY! u want a racing clutch , go to the gym a little more often and do some calf workouts.

but really, why not use a racing clutch? grips faster, wears less. inverse proportionality u might say.

i dont have any prob with mine (stage 3) 40,000km and still fresh.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:24 PM   #26
everlast

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
BLASPHOMY! u want a racing clutch , go to the gym a little more often and do some calf workouts.

but really, why not use a racing clutch? grips faster, wears less. inverse proportionality u might say.

i dont have any prob with mine (stage 3) 40,000km and still fresh.
I don't know where you get that a racing clutch "wears less". Its made to tear into the flywheel. In a race, that's good. DD, bad. Stop and go on in traffic and you'll get way less wear with an OEM clutch.

Did you read any of my other posts? I already outlined the myriad of reasons.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:27 PM   #27
everlast

Quote:

Alert:

"you"
"what"
"your"
"punctuation"
"shift key"

Those are all things you should learn to use, right after you learn to clam up.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:43 PM   #28
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Well I fixed the heater hose. I replaced all the hoses now. So hopefully no more problems.

As for the clutch. The OEM clutch is is roughly 300$ on autopartsway.ca. Doesn't seem so bad, so I think I'll order that one in about a months time (give me more time to get better at shifting ect.) and then get a short shift near the same time but I think I'm going with a DSSR kit (DDM Tuning has a UUC for 350$ and the DSSR is extra) but I think it'll be worth it in the end.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:43 PM   #29
slimjim
Almost Sideways

Quote:
I don't know where you get that a racing clutch "wears less". Its made to tear into the flywheel. In a race, that's good. DD, bad. Stop and go on in traffic and you'll get way less wear with an OEM clutch.

Did you read any of my other posts? I already outlined the myriad of reasons.
lol the clutch is made of harder material, if u slam an oem clutch and then slam a racing clutch, which is going to wear more?u seem like the tech type, im assuming u took some kind of materials engineering coarse? The fact is, racing clutches come with alot less meat on them, so they will get used up faster.... they dont wear faster

i agree its not the most convenient option for some ppl, but when ur young and u dont have a fking race car with 400+hp just sitting on the side while u drive ur s4 to work or what ever luxury u drive. Its nice to feel how the clutch just grip and u can literally chirp tires in 4th allday and even 5th depending on the road.....with a stock motor. So obviously, it improves ur cars quarter mile, less "lag".

and its really not that hard to avoid using ur clutch( taking off from a stand still) in stop and go traffic. btw man, i know maxbimmer likes to get all defensive if they dont agree. so call me ignorant, but i wouldnt know.

Last edited by slimjim; 06-28-2010 at 07:54 PM.
slimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 07:47 PM   #30
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

I think this is good. It's good to get both sides. I was only thinking of a stage 2 clutch because it's just a little bit more $$ then the OEM clutch. I wanted to get something stiff and hard that I could beat the crap out of it and still be able to get 200k from it or something like that. Just if it's good enough for a hot rod magazine then it's good enough to put in my E30 =D

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: