Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-24-2010, 03:23 PM   #31
mstearnsy
3rd Gear Member

To clear up a few things, you can finance or even lease a Euro delivery car now. The price and all purchase options are identical to picking the car up at the dealer, which you'll eventually do after your trip is done. BMW now handles customs and shipping, which used to be done by the owner in exchange for a lower cash purchase price. The new Euro delivery is a much better experience for the owner.

A BMW's speed limiter has nothing to do with Transport Canada. There are many cars in Canada that can exceed 250 km/h.

Ant's car is not a European car. It is a Canadian market vehicle and is built to the same spec as any 335is on a Canadian dealer lot. That's why it must leave Europe within 6 months. I can't explain why his car would hit 280 though. A true 250 km/h will often indicate 260something on the speedo due to speedo's reading high (on all cars) but 280 is up there!
mstearnsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:37 PM   #32
Ant118
BmwAviator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstearnsy View Post
To clear up a few things, you can finance or even lease a Euro delivery car now. The price and all purchase options are identical to picking the car up at the dealer, which you'll eventually do after your trip is done. BMW now handles customs and shipping, which used to be done by the owner in exchange for a lower cash purchase price. The new Euro delivery is a much better experience for the owner.

A BMW's speed limiter has nothing to do with Transport Canada. There are many cars in Canada that can exceed 250 km/h.

Ant's car is not a European car. It is a Canadian market vehicle and is built to the same spec as any 335is on a Canadian dealer lot. That's why it must leave Europe within 6 months. I can't explain why his car would hit 280 though. A true 250 km/h will often indicate 260something on the speedo due to speedo's reading high (on all cars) but 280 is up there!
Correct. I was shocked with it started passing 250 all the way to 280. I didnt believe it at first but had done 2-3 pulls on the autobahn and was correct. Sands was with me in the car and she couldnt believe it.

2011 Alpine/Black 335is
Ant118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:50 PM   #33
Ant118
BmwAviator

Ring'

Here are some pics at the ring with Rost (Rost12)

GT2

C63 AMG Touring

Parking Lot shot.

There are more but still sorting all the pics. There was a KTM thing there and a SLS in Flat Grey. Didnt get shots of those but rost might have.

2011 Alpine/Black 335is
Old 06-24-2010, 07:04 PM   #34
Ant118
BmwAviator

Italy

Italy near the stelivo pass.

2011 Alpine/Black 335is
Old 06-24-2010, 10:29 PM   #35
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Can you keep the EU plates? Would be sick, I want a EU plate for my E30 badly >_< Could care less if it's plastic lol. You had the experience of a lifetime from what I can tell. If I ever get into some money to do this, I will definitely be taking a EU trip.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:33 PM   #36
Ant118
BmwAviator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavocSteve View Post
Can you keep the EU plates? Would be sick, I want a EU plate for my E30 badly >_< Could care less if it's plastic lol. You had the experience of a lifetime from what I can tell. If I ever get into some money to do this, I will definitely be taking a EU trip.
Well I put a letter both english and German on the dash and give the shipping company instructions to take the plates off and put them in the trunk. They assured me that they will be with the car when it arrives back in Canada. It was a experience of a lifetime. But when im done with this car in a few years I willing to do it all over again.

2011 Alpine/Black 335is
Old 06-24-2010, 11:25 PM   #37
Junaid
4th Gear Member

sooooo sick! I like you how you put free in all caps, i guess the brown is rubbing off on you haha

Needs more mods
Junaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:57 PM   #38
CoEEzi
2nd Gear Member

Do you or did you have a blue e46 m3? Pretty sure I saw you the day you did your order with Tony . Hell of a car congrats.
CoEEzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:16 AM   #39
ABUSTAIF
ZA3EEM

That was fun to read. congrats on the buy. nice car and insane trip

ABUSTAIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:52 AM   #40
dbworld4k
Addict

Nice!! That is an experience I must have! As for the 335i topping 250: yes, it does that stock. I've driven a CDN spec cars few beyond 250.

Imola Red / Imola Red ///M5
E60 SSK, Dice iPod, GT Exhaust
BCR Coilovers, 19x10 + 19x11 Rial Daytona Race, Michelin PSS

335i M-Sport Alpine White / Coral Red
H&R Sport, CF diffuser, BMW Performance SSK

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:43 AM   #41
EstorilM3
3rd Gear Member

Quote:

So, they changed how euro delivery works.
that's great. makes it VERY tempting now.

Speed governer HAS everything to do with Transport Canada. They certify the car as conforming with rules and regulations (even though, TC doesn't limit top speeds). That means, how the car is presented by the importer (BMW of Canada), that's how it gets certified. An importer (or an individual as in this instance) cannot change even a single screw on it UNTIL it's registered in the Province that the owner lives. Only then can it be changed.
Changing a single thing on the car automatically means that the vehicle is no longer conforming and has to be tested once again. On rare occasions, Trasport Canada will wave the vehicle in, but that is as rare as seeing a Yeti in downtown Toronto.
I suspect what's happening here is that none of the identical models BMW of Canada is bringing in have a set speed governer.
It's also possible, though it would be a stretch, that BMW there removed the limiter, but will put it set it back on when the owner returns the vehicle for shipment to Canada.

A long time, when I was keen on bringing something over, I spoke to Trasport Canada people at length about all this - the possibilities and eventualities.
EstorilM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:41 AM   #42
Ant118
BmwAviator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EstorilM3 View Post
So, they changed how euro delivery works.
that's great. makes it VERY tempting now.

Speed governer HAS everything to do with Transport Canada. They certify the car as conforming with rules and regulations (even though, TC doesn't limit top speeds). That means, how the car is presented by the importer (BMW of Canada), that's how it gets certified. An importer (or an individual as in this instance) cannot change even a single screw on it UNTIL it's registered in the Province that the owner lives. Only then can it be changed.
Changing a single thing on the car automatically means that the vehicle is no longer conforming and has to be tested once again. On rare occasions, Trasport Canada will wave the vehicle in, but that is as rare as seeing a Yeti in downtown Toronto.
I suspect what's happening here is that none of the identical models BMW of Canada is bringing in have a set speed governer.
It's also possible, though it would be a stretch, that BMW there removed the limiter, but will put it set it back on when the owner returns the vehicle for shipment to Canada.

A long time, when I was keen on bringing something over, I spoke to Trasport Canada people at length about all this - the possibilities and eventualities.

Well when I talked to my SA about this. He had said its not rare for this sort of thing to happen. He said "lets hope they dont put it on lol". He also said that they usually dont set speed limiters because it is usually done at the factory. But the ship is right now in Belgium and should be in Halifax on July 5th. Cant wait.

2011 Alpine/Black 335is
Old 06-25-2010, 09:42 AM   #43
Ant118
BmwAviator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoEEzi View Post
Do you or did you have a blue e46 m3? Pretty sure I saw you the day you did your order with Tony . Hell of a car congrats.
Yup that was my Blue E46 M lol. Depends on the day I think I was there about half a dozen times lol.

2011 Alpine/Black 335is
Old 06-25-2010, 10:23 AM   #44
mstearnsy
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant118 View Post
Yup that was my Blue E46 M lol. Depends on the day I think I was there about half a dozen times lol.
Are you replacing the M3 with the 335is? Which one do you prefer?
mstearnsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:42 AM   #45
Ant118
BmwAviator

Quote:
Are you replacing the M3 with the 335is? Which one do you prefer?
Well. Here is the thing. This is a daily driver. Now it preformed very well at the ring. The E46 had better turn in feel but the 335is had better overall cornering dynamics. Now I only had those crappy RFT and had really sticky tires on my M. Wait until I throw the same tires on and get to Mosport and I'll get back. On the street. The 335is is a 10X better car, in my personal opinion. But everyone has there own. I would have liked the 335is to be a bit more rougher like the e46 m, but nothing a few mods cant fix lol.

2011 Alpine/Black 335is

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: