Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-18-2010, 10:59 AM   #1
Blades
Your opinion is to long

BP and Karma .. good read

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Global_.../LF19Dj01.html

small taste ..

BP chief executive Tony Hayward (in a stiff British accent): "Members of congress, I come here not to apologize but to express my irritation at being here in the first place. BP is a foreign company, and we operated Deepwater in the Gulf of Mexico as an offshore facility regulated as a ship (not a drilling well) under US law. Everything we did was acceptable under US law. We cut corners and costs, in order to produce the oil demanded by your people. Our suppliers such as Halliburton and Transocean are American companies so this is all your fault really. You bought our oil for all this time, and made our shareholders rich, so thank you for that.

Accidents happen, and I am afraid you will have to live with the consequences of this one. Look at the positive side of things. If no oil had leaked, we would have simply sold all of it to your SUV

drivers and the resulting carbon dioxide - or C02 - emissions would have polluted the whole world. Instead, all that leaking oil only pollutes the waters off the southern USA, a relatively small part of the world.

If you donít like my answer, I have one word for you: Bhopal."

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:01 PM   #2
daytona
6th Gear Member

20 Billion dollars is nothing compared to the long term damage he done to the environment and the lively hood of those who depend on the ocean.Blaming consumer demand for the accident only paints him as being a a hole in a $5000 suit.There is workers that are now willing to testify that BP cut corners to save money.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:37 PM   #3
328IScreamer
6th Gear Member

is that resposne real?
I can't even believe he could go on record with something like that!
Old 06-18-2010, 12:38 PM   #4
328IScreamer
6th Gear Member

nvm I just read further down
Old 06-18-2010, 03:41 PM   #5
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
What he said is more or less true.

The liability is in BP's hands, not his personally.

I doubt anyone at BP will be found criminally negligent (for the simple reason that the decisions were made on the ground, and the risks were on the ground, and the people making the decisions were as qualified as anyone to make them, even if they were wrong).

Dude will be out of a job soon forsure, but he's not going to resign. (its called a severance package.)

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: