Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-10-2010, 09:08 AM   #1
ryanjv
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to ryanjv
Stock Radio Code Procedure. UPDATE: Now fix the antenna

ola,

the car is a 1987 325e. when i turn the car on then turn the radio on it says CODE. I got the proper code from the dealer (it wasn't the original so i pulled it out and got the serial number, so don't worry thats been checked a few times).

So anyways, i get prompted for 'CODE' and enter it. upon entering the fifth number it just beeps and stays at code. Is there a method to properly entering the code? at first i thought it was like my brothers acura where when you exceed the maximum tries it locks out and you have to disconnect the battery to try again. Talked to a couple dealerships (thanks Maranello Mike for getting me the code) and they weren't 100% sure but they said that if i leave the car on for an hour it should let me enter the code and work.

anyone have any ideas? or does anyone know the proper procedure for getting this stereo to work?

Last edited by ryanjv; 06-10-2010 at 11:39 AM. Reason: update
ryanjv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:43 AM   #2
ryanjv
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to ryanjv
so waiting an hour worked. entered the code and yay i have radio.

now i hear the antenna trying to lift, you hear it whirring, but it won't go up.

I've lubed it up and manually pulled it up while the car is off. It was sticky and seized, so i cleaned off teh antenna and worked it up and down to make sure it won't get stuck.

But now when i turn the radio on and off, the antenna only goes part way up or down, sometimes. Am i going to have to pull out the little antenna casing and poke around inside? or is there something else i need to do. it sounds like its just not catching something and going. anyoen know what its like inside and the mechanics of how it works?
ryanjv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:48 AM   #3
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjv View Post
so waiting an hour worked. entered the code and yay i have radio.

now i hear the antenna trying to lift, you hear it whirring, but it won't go up.

I've lubed it up and manually pulled it up while the car is off. It was sticky and seized, so i cleaned off teh antenna and worked it up and down to make sure it won't get stuck.

But now when i turn the radio on and off, the antenna only goes part way up or down, sometimes. Am i going to have to pull out the little antenna casing and poke around inside? or is there something else i need to do. it sounds like its just not catching something and going. anyoen know what its like inside and the mechanics of how it works?
Why not unscrew the antenna and just buy a aftermarket small plastic one, they are better anyways. Get more signal.
HavocSteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: