Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-07-2010, 12:47 PM   #1
AlpWhitE46
is a pimp

Send a message via MSN to AlpWhitE46
Tired of waiting!

As some of you know about my VANOS problem -

I towed my car to bering car clinic may 6th, and was never told my car could not be looked at right away. It took him 13 days to diagnose what the problem was with my car (am I being unrealistic or does it really take that long...)

He said that there were some other cars he was working and needed them done.

So finally after pressing him so much he tells me vanos is clogged, I order from Dr. Vanos and since the post office was on strike i waited longer than expected... (probably around 10 days) I finally get the part and get it to him last wednesday... he said that he cant look it that day, but he will do it the next day and that he will have it done for me Friday or Saturday. Saturday rolls around hes so busy that he can only do my car from time to time (wtf? if I was there that long he should be doing my car)

So Saturday he tells me that he cant finish it today but he will have it done monday. Today I come in and this guy says that they can't finish it today but will have it done tomorrow by 4.

****! I have not had my car since may 6th.

My regular mechanic said that the guy has problems , he never tells people he can't take in cars because he is so busy, he just takes em and completes them as he likes)

I really want to pay him less than whatever he charges me for this job!

Last edited by AlpWhitE46; 06-07-2010 at 12:49 PM.
AlpWhitE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:51 PM   #2
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
man that sucks, it took that guy 13 days to diagnose the problem? no wonder he has his own shop, no dealer would keep a tech around for that type of diagnoses, he would be fired that week.

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:15 PM   #3
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

your sig says your in Etobikoe, why didn't you take to RMP?
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:02 PM   #4
damameke
6th Gear Member

You probably have your reason to send your car there to be serviced instead of sending it to your regular mechanic...

Just make sure that the repair is proper and have any potential issues taken cared off before paying him.
damameke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:38 PM   #5
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

Maybe you should negotiate a deal to complete the repairs by a certain date or deduct some $ as penalty for inconvenience etc. Sounds like a shrawma place I go to (Osmow's) - cust service sucks big time but the food is delicious. Can only imagine how much better business can be if they were efficient.

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'02 Regal LS
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:54 PM   #6
simplycars
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slemmer View Post
Maybe you should negotiate a deal to complete the repairs by a certain date or deduct some $ as penalty for inconvenience etc. Sounds like a shrawma place I go to (Osmow's) - cust service sucks big time but the food is delicious. Can only imagine how much better business can be if they were efficient.
+1 for Osmow's :-)
Old 06-07-2010, 03:00 PM   #7
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Haha..Osmows is amazing, I know the owner..great people but they are very busy..but to be honest some of their employee's should be in the back instead of trying to help customers.

I feel bad you're waiting so long Ivan, but I know you from here for so many years...how come you didnt bring it by? Or to anyone else on this board BMW related...you wouldn't be in this position..after all, thats why we all sponsor this forum to help you guys out!

We can only help you so far through PM's...

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 03:36 PM   #8
AlpWhitE46
is a pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
your sig says your in Etobikoe, why didn't you take to RMP?
I didn't really browse max for a while so I didn't even know much about them , nor did I even know they are located near by. Should have taken it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damameke View Post
You probably have your reason to send your car there to be serviced instead of sending it to your regular mechanic...

Just make sure that the repair is proper and have any potential issues taken cared off before paying him.
Well my mechanic that is a close family friend told me the shop across the street knows a lot more about european cars than he does (he does mostly Japanese cars (where i take my supra) so I ended up taking it there because its very close distance away from me and the towing charge was little. I honestly didn't know there would be problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slemmer View Post

Well he said tomorrow and it sounded like it truly might be tomorrow. But I will try to see when he gives me a price what I can do to negotiate it for my inconvenience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon@Bimmersport View Post
Haha..Osmows is amazing, I know the owner..great people but they are very busy..but to be honest some of their employee's should be in the back instead of trying to help customers.

I feel bad you're waiting so long Ivan, but I know you from here for so many years...how come you didnt bring it by? Or to anyone else on this board BMW related...you wouldn't be in this position..after all, thats why we all sponsor this forum to help you guys out!

We can only help you so far through PM's...
Thanks jon, you guys are great but quite a bit further away from this guy..

Oh well

I ended up getting everything from Dr Vanos - Vanos, Valve cover gasket and the washers... was 550 U.S. with express shipping (which failed because of gay Canada Post) and then core i get back 150. So I only payed 400 for everything while at bmw this would be 1.1k +
Old 06-07-2010, 04:27 PM   #9
AlpWhitE46
is a pimp

My mechanic went over to him earlier and now the guy calls and tells me that the VCG is wrong.

Dr Vanos sent the wrong one i guess ...

Going to go take a picture now and see.

Ugh just my luck

Edit: Yup he sent single vanos VCG

Last edited by AlpWhitE46; 06-07-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:43 PM   #10
Blocked_Out
Banned

Dude, this sucks ass.
I feel for you.
Next time take it to a reputable shop (I'm not going to say which one for my personal reasons) if you can't DIY.
Hope you get your car back soon.
You should demand a reimbursement from the mechanic, because you didnt have the car for a whole months but still payed insurance on it and all the other stuff.
Blocked_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:47 AM   #11
AlpWhitE46
is a pimp

Well i did the cam intake and exhaust sensor replacements but wasn't that so I gave up and gave it to them to diagnose.

But yeah I will try and see what happens.

My friend mechanic said shops have a lot of legal power so they can do what they want, in the end they have your keys.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:18 PM   #12
AlpWhitE46
is a pimp

Old 06-08-2010, 08:06 PM   #13
Another BM
3rd Gear Member

simple soultion..

bring only half the money, and tell him you'll have the other half next week

When next week rolls around tell him you had a very expensive weekend, and he'll get it next weekend again.

By law a shop can NOT hope a car even tho you have not fully paid for the repairs.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:37 PM   #14
simplycars
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another BM View Post
simple soultion..

bring only half the money, and tell him you'll have the other half next week

When next week rolls around tell him you had a very expensive weekend, and he'll get it next weekend again.

By law a shop can NOT hope a car even tho you have not fully paid for the repairs.
not that easy

1. shop may not release the car stating it is unsafe to drive and and start charging storage fees if you don't pay
2. you may need to leave something as a warranty
3. shop can put a lien on a car
4. shop can send it to the collection agency
Old 06-08-2010, 08:43 PM   #15
Another BM
3rd Gear Member

1. call CAA and have the car towed out.
2. shop can't hold car against owners will
3. cost the shop time and money
4. cost the shop time and money.

I'm not telling the guy not to pay, just give him a hard time about getting the money like he did about getting his car back.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: