Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-2003, 01:13 PM   #46
Mr seville
6th Gear Member
 
Mr seville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: places
Posts: 4,851


i was part of this site for around a YEAR. and as time went on the bitterness just got worse and worse. people are takin sides now. my car is fuct for the cruise and you guys go ballistic on me. i'm taking my chips and cashing out early b4 the real drama starts
Mr seville is offline  
Old 03-30-2003, 01:16 PM   #47
bart320i
6th Gear Member
 
bart320i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 1,592
you should sell that car before the electronics start going off. I've talked to some of my mechanic friend and they said those this cost a fortune to fix never mind the labour time to diagnose electrical problems unless you go to the dealer and get raped there
__________________
bart320i is offline  
Old 03-30-2003, 01:35 PM   #48
A~G
Car Payment Free
 
A~G's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,581
Send a message via MSN to A~G
Unhappy *SIGH*

... I AGREE WITH POLAK, JUST CUZ I'M JEALOUS (take a look at what my ride is )

...but...

POLAK... if the car you drive defines your status etc etc etc....
Then what do you have to say about me!!!!?!!

I'm saving up for a Bimmer, but its hard, and my insurance will sky-rocket, I'm 18 years old and i'm paying about $240/month(more than my car is worth) already, I have an amazing job, etc. but can't have a bimmer FOR NOW (stupid insurance rates)
__________________



A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline  
Old 03-30-2003, 02:47 PM   #49
Mr seville
6th Gear Member
 
Mr seville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: places
Posts: 4,851
Quote:
Originally posted by bart320i
you should sell that car before the electronics start going off. I've talked to some of my mechanic friend and they said those this cost a fortune to fix never mind the labour time to diagnose electrical problems unless you go to the dealer and get raped there
my cousin fixes the electronics for me so it doesn't cost an arm and leg like at the dealerships. and you know aswell as i do whenever you bring a car to the dealer something else breaks.
Mr seville is offline  
Old 03-30-2003, 04:11 PM   #50
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy
 
bmwm5lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Thornhill
Posts: 15,468
You all have valid points, but since i started driving my Bimmer to school, i have been refered to as a "Rich" Boy (go figure), called too good for us(by the civic owners), and everytime i get asked about the car, NO ONE seems to believe me i bought it my self.... Half the people, refer to me as "The Guy with the Bimmer"(some as a joke, others really mean it, and give me dirty looks), and the very few others actually appreciate the car for what it is(its old for gods sakes). Everyone thinks BMW owners are cocky(whoever gave them THAT idea), and, when sometimes i mention that im a part of a BMW club they go, "o the rich kids like to get together and talk about their RICH cars", but you know what, there is very few that actually believe me when i tell them that i bought the car, just bacuse I like it, and because i appreciate it the FINE engineering in the older BMW's...
In conclusion, many ppl consider us (even tho some of us have old Bimmers), as arrogant people, who think they are better than the rest... really stupid if you ask me...... o well, the important part is, enjoy what you have.....
__________________
www.enthusiastauto.caNeed a car???

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual- Modded
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'91 BMW 850i J Spec Modded
'88 BMW 635CSi Lowered
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig WILD RIDE
bmwm5lover is online now  
Old 03-30-2003, 04:13 PM   #51
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy
 
bmwm5lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Thornhill
Posts: 15,468
o, and i forgot to add, WHAT IS UP WITH THOSE GODDAMN CIVIC/JAP CAR OWNERS, EYEING ME EVERYTIME I STOP AT A LIGHT, OR AM DRIVING BY? THEY GIVE ME THESE LOOKS, LIKE I ****ING HAVE A FLOWER COMING OUT OF MY FACE! CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN TO ME???
__________________
www.enthusiastauto.caNeed a car???

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual- Modded
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'91 BMW 850i J Spec Modded
'88 BMW 635CSi Lowered
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig WILD RIDE
bmwm5lover is online now  
Old 03-30-2003, 04:14 PM   #52
mkgino
6th Gear Member
 
mkgino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,686
Quote:
Originally posted by bart320i
you should sell that car before the electronics start going off. I've talked to some of my mechanic friend and they said those this cost a fortune to fix never mind the labour time to diagnose electrical problems unless you go to the dealer and get raped there

WERD!! My parents bought a 88 Caddy, and it was pimp back in the day, and after a few years, it was the biggest piece of s*it on the road. Radio f*cked up, its gone through its 3rd transmission, squeeking noises all over. One time my mom and sis were at the mall, and they left and walked towards the caddy, and people were standing around it because the horn was wailing non stop in the parking lot while the car was just sitting there. Once on the way home from the states, engine compartment started smoking, needed a tow home. SOOOO Many electrical problems. Everything probably f*cked up on that car at least once. Man and it only has like 200 k on it. What a POS! My parents would never buy another one ever again.
__________________
mkgino is online now  
Old 03-30-2003, 04:23 PM   #53
tiestoE36
5th Gear Member
 
tiestoE36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Richmond Hill
Posts: 933
Quote:
Originally posted by bmwm5lover
You all have valid points, but since i started driving my Bimmer to school, i have been refered to as a "Rich" Boy (go figure), called too good for us(by the civic owners), and everytime i get asked about the car, NO ONE seems to believe me i bought it my self.... Half the people, refer to me as "The Guy with the Bimmer"(some as a joke, others really mean it, and give me dirty looks), and the very few others actually appreciate the car for what it is(its old for gods sakes). Everyone thinks BMW owners are cocky(whoever gave them THAT idea), and, when sometimes i mention that im a part of a BMW club they go, "o the rich kids like to get together and talk about their RICH cars", but you know what, there is very few that actually believe me when i tell them that i bought the car, just bacuse I like it, and because i appreciate it the FINE engineering in the older BMW's...
In conclusion, many ppl consider us (even tho some of us have old Bimmers), as arrogant people, who think they are better than the rest... really stupid if you ask me...... o well, the important part is, enjoy what you have.....


thats exactly what happend to me, i am was called the rich boy and shit. they even bring up stupid shit like how i just wrote off my 2001 jetta, and few weeks later ia have a bimmer. i am starting to take offence to it.
tiestoE36 is offline  
Old 03-30-2003, 04:34 PM   #54
Mr seville
6th Gear Member
 
Mr seville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: places
Posts: 4,851
Quote:
Originally posted by bmwm5lover
o, and i forgot to add, WHAT IS UP WITH THOSE GODDAMN CIVIC/JAP CAR OWNERS, EYEING ME EVERYTIME I STOP AT A LIGHT, OR AM DRIVING BY? THEY GIVE ME THESE LOOKS, LIKE I ****ING HAVE A FLOWER COMING OUT OF MY FACE! CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN TO ME???
looking for a race maybe? no clue nobody looks to me for a race. maybe it's cause they hear the thing rambling on. bimmer coming summer it's gone from a knocking sound to a scratchy struggling type sound this thing is SOOOO gone

Last edited by Mr seville; 03-30-2003 at 04:36 PM.
Mr seville is offline  
Old 03-30-2003, 10:29 PM   #55
JBlue
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: T DOT
Posts: 32
WOW.. at least we know who the haters are now.

To Mr. OG Hater. Dude, stop worring about other people and concentrate on urself. It's people like u that are mad at the world because u don't have the balls to step up in life.

No point in typing a long post. I would only be helping u realize how much of an idiot u sound. Some people just can not see or accept the fact they are the odd nut in their views.

With ur attitude, you better realize that is most likely ur last BMW u'll be driving. You sound like a lazy bottom 5% worker. At my work people like that don't get far in the corporate world. All they like to do is B!atch at everything. Love office politics. Since ur from Whitby better stay away from Markham Hwy. 7 area cause u'll most likely be hatin on half the people on the road. It would not surprice me, if u have keyed people's rides.
You fit the Hater profile. Mr. PHD.

J
JBlue is offline  
Old 03-30-2003, 10:33 PM   #56
JBlue
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: T DOT
Posts: 32
One note: I thought this year I would try to make it to one of the local meets but why would I knowing there might be this moron and his friends at the meets.
JBlue is offline  
Old 03-30-2003, 11:01 PM   #57
m3polack
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Whitby ,On
Posts: 322
JBlue: You are an ignorant moron that needs to learn how to SHUT THE **** UP......

Lazy worker? Not being able to step up in real life? I key peoples rides? What the ****.....

Do you know what i even do for a living?

The last BMW ill be driving.... Haha... Youd be surprised whats happening to my 97 M3 this summer.... Let me give you a hint....
* mmmmm new car smell.... low 13 1/4 slips.....* CAN YOU GUESS WHAT IT IS?

Ill be fortunate to own 2 of the best cars ever.... 2001 Integra Type R , and an M3... my 1989 honda accord doesnt count allright!!!!!! That just gets me threw the bad days


AND JUST TO LET YOU KNOW....

I dont need to move up anyones ladder...unlike you...

Im self employed...
m3polack is offline  
Old 03-31-2003, 12:26 AM   #58
Kal
maxRealtor
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 3,756
Send a message via MSN to Kal
Quote:
Originally posted by m3polack
JBlue: You are an ignorant moron that needs to learn how to SHUT THE **** UP......

Lazy worker? Not being able to step up in real life? I key peoples rides? What the ****.....

Do you know what i even do for a living?

The last BMW ill be driving.... Haha... Youd be surprised whats happening to my 97 M3 this summer.... Let me give you a hint....
* mmmmm new car smell.... low 13 1/4 slips.....* CAN YOU GUESS WHAT IT IS?

Ill be fortunate to own 2 of the best cars ever.... 2001 Integra Type R , and an M3... my 1989 honda accord doesnt count allright!!!!!! That just gets me threw the bad days


AND JUST TO LET YOU KNOW....

I dont need to move up anyones ladder...unlike you...

Im self employed...
ur a loser man..u hatin on peeps for no reason

i feel bad for u
Kal is offline  
Old 03-31-2003, 12:42 AM   #59
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor
 
Jon@Bimmersport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 13,793
Quote:
Originally posted by bmwm5lover
LIKE I ****ING HAVE A FLOWER COMING OUT OF MY FACE!
havent u ever wondered wat that thing was on your face? im suprised u never knew!

mr seville..dont be an idiot, u know u love max...there is a lot of hatred, which is stupid...but there are the kool good ppl on max, then theres the people who **** everything up because of small differences...me, i know i piss bryan off, but he now knows its only for a joke. im kool with everyone on max, i dont hate anyone...but some ppl hate me, for some stupid reason. i got no problem with it. they can go **** themselves (i hope you read that).

M3polack, what exactly do u do for a living? AA turbo or S/C? dont hate on kids who have it good when they're young...i know i dont right now, but after i get my full time job and out of highschool and college im gonna have it good. they are just lucky, it makes me jealous sometimes, but i dont go on forums and start a huge arguement about it. you got a M3, you earned it....u can be proud of it, and think they are spoiled, but why post it on max? who cares..theres kids who are 19yrs old with ferrari's and lambos, and porsche for winter cars (dan's friend)..so what? i think thats ****ing kool to have that!

there are ppl who i know are loaded and dont brag about it, so dont assume these guys do...although they might being young, i tend to show off my money a bit when i have large amounts (rarely..lol)..but i dont go openning my wallet and showing the world...if my parents won the lottery and bought me a laguna seca II M3 (i am so hoping this happens) what would u say? im a punk and dont know how to appreciate a car?
__________________

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline  
Old 03-31-2003, 01:06 AM   #60
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy
 
bmwm5lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Thornhill
Posts: 15,468
the way i think is, appreciate what YOU have, forget abotu the rest, follow your goals(one goal would be to own an M5 in the next 5-10 yrs), and just and enjoy life, cuz hating on others, just ruins you. ill be honest,sometimes im jealous of some people who have brand new Bimmers when they are barely 20, but hey they were more lucky then i was, but tables can always turn.... so just enjoy what you have, appreciate others for what they have, and remember that the hard way isnt always the best way, although it makes you appreciate waht you have more, when you have earned it yourself....
A direct example is My e28, and My dad's volvo..... Ill always care more for my car,which ive earned, than for the volvo...
__________________
www.enthusiastauto.caNeed a car???

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual- Modded
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'91 BMW 850i J Spec Modded
'88 BMW 635CSi Lowered
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig WILD RIDE
bmwm5lover is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015