Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 01:56 AM   #31
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer

Quote:
Originally posted by m3polack

No, i am not a stuck up prick,
You are doing a damn good job of comming off as one. Honestly These people did you nothing wrong.
Quote:
Originally posted by m3polack

let alone seeing some punks in a new M3 THEY dont deserve..
What makes one deserving of an automobile. More importantly who gives you the right to decide who is deserving of an M3. You do not know that person or there history, how bout giving them the benift of the doubt and thinking that maybe just maybe just maybe that guy bought his m3 himself. Maybe he worked his ass of for it.

Just like you say you did.

Stanceiseverything.com
Old 03-30-2003, 02:18 AM   #32
Miguel
...Delt Smash

Quote:
Originally posted by M50E30
Fu@k...you make up the small percentile of the arrogant BMW stereotype and ruin it for the many.
...sorry to say but unfortunately it is NOT that small a percentile. There are MANY male BMW owners out there that think they are Gods gift because of what they drive.

I came R E A L L Y close to NOT buying my car because I did not want to be associated with some of the asses out there that give the car a bad name.
Just like we (BMW owners) categorize all honda owners as ricers, many people see BMW drivers as arrogant snots.

my $0.02
Old 03-30-2003, 02:21 AM   #33
sonny
6th Gear Member

What does it matter if a 17 year old was driving that M3? Who cares? Why does it bug people? Sure he may not understand and appreciate what a BMW is, but it's still a brand new M3! AND, BMW doesn't necessarily mean wealth, if you want that "wealth" status, buy a Benz! BMW is for people who appreciate the engineering behind it, sure they are a status of wealth, but if you drive one just so people think you have $$$, that's pretty sad...
it's also unfortunate that the small percentage of BMW owners who are snotty have given ALL BMW owners that image.

Last edited by sonny; 03-30-2003 at 02:24 AM.
Old 03-30-2003, 02:47 AM   #34
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Quote:
Originally posted by Miguel
...sorry to say but unfortunately it is NOT that small a percentile. There are MANY male BMW owners out there that think they are Gods gift because of what they drive.
Miguel,

You are so wrong! Look at all the BMW forums on the net and how many people attend BMW Club Driving Schools/Track Days. I have met more nice guys out there than I could ever imagine. There is a bad cloud over everyone that owns any highend sports car. Society is to blame because they have met the few (arrogant, rude, and posh) and spread the work like flies to sh!t, but what is there to do? Nothing.

Dave
Old 03-30-2003, 03:17 AM   #35
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by M50E30
Miguel,

You are so wrong! Look at all the BMW forums on the net and how many people attend BMW Club Driving Schools/Track Days. I have met more nice guys out there than I could ever imagine. There is a bad cloud over everyone that owns any highend sports car. Society is to blame because they have met the few (arrogant, rude, and posh) and spread the work like flies to sh!t, but what is there to do? Nothing.

Dave
Correction, you are wrong. Lets be optimistic here. 17 000 DTM'ers + 11 000 BF.C +1800 max'ers + other forums. Which is what? Like 100 000 tops??? Believe me, BMW hasnt been this succesful from selling 100 000 cars in its existence. We make up a VERY VERY small proportion of the BMW owners in the world. Look at toronto for example, there are 1800 max members which make up a very small percentage of the total BMW drivers in toronto. Have the majority of the BMW owners in toronto bought their cars for the track, or for the performance? A few might have but not the majority, which has them to cruise down Young St on a saturday night.

The way I think it works, is that in society, a BMW is considered a prestiege car (dont argue, yes it is!!). Now because its considered a prestiege car, then the people who drive them act accordingly and think they are some sort of a "better" person than others. Not everyone of course, but more often than not.
Old 03-30-2003, 03:20 AM   #36
sonny
6th Gear Member

agree
Old 03-30-2003, 03:39 AM   #37
Foc us
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MACI4LIFE
And finally, if little vanilla ices like these wanna drive around cars like these undeservingly (i don't know their situation but i assume this) then we all might as well buy cavaliers, focus's, and neons cause thats the level that these punks have brought the BMW name down to!!

Hey......don't drag me into your arguments....
Old 03-30-2003, 04:29 AM   #38
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

thats a gay arguement..i wish my parents bought me a car, they would..if they had the money to. and we wouldnt be having the malibu, we'd have a nice E36...

how do u know ppl who get cars bought for them dont appreciate it? i agree somewhat, like my bro..i dont understand, if something ****s up on our car cuz of him, he expects my parents to pay..****ing MORON! but then theres others who baby the cars their parents buy for them, flapjack for one, BMW4LIFE is another..

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Old 03-30-2003, 04:39 AM   #39
Spartiatis
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Spartiatis
Why is Max turning into a bunch of arguments?
Old 03-30-2003, 05:37 AM   #40
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr seville
are you jealous of me polak. i have a 70 000 dollar car(bought used 6 months or so ago for an undisclosed amount). now i'm no rapper eminem wannabe but i am 17. i pay out the ass for insurance and i have 500 dollars in the bank to spend on mods. WELL......JEALOUS????

w0w your car 12 years ago cost 70k? w0w, then most of use drive 50-80k cars. Get real. BTW cars were cheaper 12 years ago.
Old 03-30-2003, 06:38 AM   #41
Betray
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Betray Send a message via AIM to Betray Send a message via MSN to Betray
well it only makes me mad when i see a kid driving a young car.. but i dont think its daddys car.. maybe daddys money.. but still his car..

all you can do is work harder to get better.
Old 03-30-2003, 08:06 AM   #42
tiestoE36
5th Gear Member

i agree that BMW does bring alot of prestige behind it. i know a few people that where normal drivers, as soon s they bought a bimmer, all of the sudden they are gods gift, they act like they own the road. once they get that car they start acting really snobby, i mean really snobby.

some people tell me that i am not a bimmer driver because i dont act like i own the road, i didnt change with the car. sometimes i speed through traffic, but i always did that, even when i was driving a mini van. but all of the sudden as soon as some other driver see that emblem on the boot, they say, "figures its a bimmer!"

some times other driver aggitate prestigeous car drivers to drive a certain way. for example give a young person driving the bimmer cut-eye. i know i do, when ever some one gives me cut-eye, i rip it by them, but whatever.

normally i am a humble driver.
Old 03-30-2003, 08:32 AM   #43
m3polack
3rd Gear Member

LOL at the guy with the 12 year old cadillac.... I dont want to say anything and hurt your feelings So i wont!

Yes im jealous.... I envy your caddy man ! When i look at my M3 parked beside your caddy.... man o man do i ever think to myself

'Damn.... why didnt i stay in school and become a doctor so i could get one of those damn things!'

Promise to take me for a ride man?? GM dealers dont give bums like me test drives... they know i cant afford one especially when i pull up in my 5 year old POS...

haha this si to funny.
Old 03-30-2003, 12:56 PM   #44
Mr seville
6th Gear Member

sure, it looks good but i paid 7000 for my car:madnoel: it doesn't run well anymore and insurance is a bitch and a half. thats all i'm working towards now. i pay for my own shit and i SOOOO envy your car i really do i wish i could be as lucky as ALL of the people on here that drive bmw's. it truly is the ultimate driving machine. keep your cars lookin clean guys. i'm saying goodbye to this forum. theres just too much hatered on this site. hope all you guys come out successful like the polak here who buys things just for status.(btw i have some pol in me to) later guys!!!

Last edited by Mr seville; 03-30-2003 at 01:03 PM.
Old 03-30-2003, 01:00 PM   #45
bart320i
6th Gear Member

older cadillacs a POS. They depriate in value more than any other prestige car. You can get a 97 STS fully loaded for about $20,000. There motors are pieces of shit with alot of problems

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: