Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2003, 11:07 PM   #16
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair

I pretty much wanted my car because I wanted a good handling and quick rear wheel drive car that is built well. BMW is just another brand, if I wanted prestige I'd get a Rolls Royce. Anyone can buy a BMW/Audi/Merc/Volvo etc. I'm pretty sure that if I was into the whole leasing thing I'd have no problem affording the monthly payments on an e46 M3. I'm 22, I'm not rich, but if my only priority right now in life was to buy an e46 M3, I could do it.

If buying a BMW means wealth and class, everyone would go out and buy inexpensive used older models. (no offense to those who own those)

Only my real close friends even know I own a BMW, it's not like I walk into a bar spinning my BMW key on my finger trying to make friends. I bought my car for me, and not for what others think I'm 'the shit' because I own one.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
Old 03-29-2003, 11:12 PM   #17
MACI4LIFE
2nd Gear Member

I'm gonna play devil's advocate and agree with m3pollack.

I'm pretty sure that the younger member of maxbimmer own older beamers, not brand new m3's or m5's or whatever. They most likely bought the car due to the performance reliability and status that comes along with the car, but regardless they bought a car thats most likely second hand, due to price issues but also bought it so that they could modify the car to be uniquelly theirs.

Now those punks... and yes they are wannabe's are what we call SQUIDS in the motorcycle community. They buy the latest greatest just to show off without actually appreciating the vehicle for what it is. These kid's are just like the beginner riders that go out and buy R1's just to be cool, and don't even consider buying leathers, and gloves to protect ones self, and usually end up crashing the thing within a week due to inexperience and stupidness.

plain and simple

These kids are punks. If it's their parents car, or their parents bought them the car then they're spoiled little brats.

If this punk did buy the car then more than likely it was bought using dirty money, and i don't think anyone would support such a thing here.

And finally, if little vanilla ices like these wanna drive around cars like these undeservingly (i don't know their situation but i assume this) then we all might as well buy cavaliers, focus's, and neons cause thats the level that these punks have brought the BMW name down to!!

Come on people. Stick up for the hard work that you did to save up enough money to afford a luxury car such as a BMW.

Last edited by MACI4LIFE; 03-29-2003 at 11:16 PM.
Old 03-29-2003, 11:17 PM   #18
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Send a message via AIM to BlitzSix Send a message via MSN to BlitzSix
How were they punks? Because they listen to loud music?

And how does it make them spoiled if their parents let them take out the car once in a while ?
Old 03-29-2003, 11:26 PM   #19
Mikester
7th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Mikester
i financed my own bike... but theres no way i could afford the car i have now... yes my mom bought it for me, does it mean im spoiled? NO. since im a student i have no time and degree or whatever to make enough money to buy a decent car. after university ill start making some money, and lets say i buy her S600, it means shes spoiled too cause she didnt buy it and doesnt know shit about cars?
no one here has the right to judge people, so shhh
Old 03-29-2003, 11:31 PM   #20
m3polack
3rd Gear Member

Thank you very much for those that share the same beliefs, or thoguhts as I do.

As to the others,

Id like to stress that I bought a BMW automobile because its a fine piece of german engineering, and not EVERYONE could own one considering the price.

No, i am not a stuck up prick, Infact it makes me sick to my stomach, and sad... when i see a family with kids driving around in some beat up car that sounds like its falling apart....let alone seeing some punks in a new M3 THEY dont deserve..

and no i dont go around telling people how I own a M3, or a 2001 Type R Integra.... (*okay now i just did haha!*) But I definetly do drive this for the status.

Im a hater? Yeah sure call me a hater.. Of course noone in their right mind would tell their parents 'Nah.. Ill pass on the BMW pops.. get me that cool yellow neon we saw at the Dodge dealership'.... These kids probably would be lucky to score a job at McDonalds making $6.85 an hour and buy a K-car for a thousand bucks.. and STILL get ****ed on insurance and wouldnt be able to drive..... let alone buy a BMW..

oh yeah... and for those people that ride around in their cars with the seats reclined so far back that they cant see past their own dash... Please be-careful! I dont know how you cool guys drive like that.

and i do deserve my car.. I appreciate it and i worked my ass off... how can you tell me i dont deserve it? Why dont you come down here to my place and take the keys away from me and take it if you think that way.... lol..... joker

Old 03-29-2003, 11:32 PM   #21
tiestoE36
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by thinair
I pretty much wanted my car because I wanted a good handling and quick rear wheel drive car that is built well. BMW is just another brand, if I wanted prestige I'd get a Rolls Royce. Anyone can buy a BMW/Audi/Merc/Volvo etc. I'm pretty sure that if I was into the whole leasing thing I'd have no problem affording the monthly payments on an e46 M3. I'm 22, I'm not rich, but if my only priority right now in life was to buy an e46 M3, I could do it.

If buying a BMW means wealth and class, everyone would go out and buy inexpensive used older models. (no offense to those who own those)

Only my real close friends even know I own a BMW, it's not like I walk into a bar spinning my BMW key on my finger trying to make friends. I bought my car for me, and not for what others think I'm 'the shit' because I own one.

this is exactly how i feel, to the tee. when i tell people i bought my car straight out, they tell me i am stupid, that i could have leased a mush better car for that price. i just say why, i love what i have, plus i am a student, not even working at the moment, what ever extra money i get, i d rather go out or something.

just like thinair said, if have M3 was all that i wanted outta life than i could too buy one, just like most of you here.

i sure most of you here feel the same way about there cars to, and that the name is not why they bought the car.

i my opinon those who come here are the true enthusiast. like me, most of the time my mind is on my car, and not because of the name.

maybe those guys will never be on a member to a place like this, because they dont really know what they have. so who really cares about them, as long as you love what you have.

i know i do
Old 03-29-2003, 11:39 PM   #22
SickFinga

tiestoe36, weird, when I was buying a car i asked insuramce compnay for a quote on m3 and 328. I laughed at them and got M3

mkgino, I bought my car for looks(for me not for others to see), performance, and interior. I care less about prestige, and I don't even think that driving bmw, escpecially 3 series, is prestige.

MACI4LIFE, I got my car when I was 18, and no my parents didn't buy it. If someone is more successful in their life and can afford to buy e46 m3s to their kids, why does it mean dirty money.
So you are saying that all rich people are scammers and thiefs?
Old 03-29-2003, 11:41 PM   #23
MACI4LIFE
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tiestoE36
this is exactly how i feel, to the tee. when i tell people i bought my car straight out, they tell me i am stupid, that i could have leased a mush better car for that price. i just say why, i love what i have, plus i am a student, not even working at the moment, what ever extra money i get, i d rather go out or something.

just like thinair said, if have M3 was all that i wanted outta life than i could too buy one, just like most of you here.

i sure most of you here feel the same way about there cars to, and that the name is not why they bought the car.

i my opinon those who come here are the true enthusiast. like me, most of the time my mind is on my car, and not because of the name.

maybe those guys will never be on a member to a place like this, because they dont really know what they have. so who really cares about them, as long as you love what you have.

i know i do

That is a good point. I think it bothers me because i put a lot of work into my car to keep it in the shape that it is because like everyone here i'm a BMW enthusiast. In a way i can relate it to the people that cringe when they see the wrecked beamers or the threads that tell of accidents or damages to their pride and joy.

Ok maybe you're not a spoiled little brat if you borrow your parents M3 to ride around, but you definately are a punk ass when you flaunt what really isn't yours and pretend that you're the shiznit with the bling bling!!!!!!
Old 03-29-2003, 11:49 PM   #24
MACI4LIFE
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SickFinga
tiestoe36, weird, when I was buying a car i asked insuramce compnay for a quote on m3 and 328. I laughed at them and got M3

mkgino, I bought my car for looks(for me not for others to see), performance, and interior. I care less about prestige, and I don't even think that driving bmw, escpecially 3 series, is prestige.

MACI4LIFE, I got my car when I was 18, and no my parents didn't buy it. If someone is more successful in their life and can afford to buy e46 m3s to their kids, why does it mean dirty money.
Did you get your car brand new?? pay it outright?? if you got it recently then obviously you wouldn't have paid 80 g's + for it.

I for one can not afford to pay the lease of a 2002 325i ( $925/month, my buddy just bought one, and that would have been his payments had he not traded in his car ) much less a brand new M3.

AND by dirty money, i meant earning an income doing illegal activities ( drugs, stealing, etc. ).
Old 03-29-2003, 11:54 PM   #25
tiestoE36
5th Gear Member

Quote:

i had just written off a new car and now have cancelled my insurece, that way they laught. if i had a normal human record it would a different story. i would be the one laughing, like you said.
Old 03-30-2003, 12:01 AM   #26
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally posted by MACI4LIFE
Did you get your car brand new?? pay it outright?? if you got it recently then obviously you wouldn't have paid 80 g's + for it.

I for one can not afford to pay the lease of a 2002 325i ( $925/month, my buddy just bought one, and that would have been his payments had he not traded in his car ) much less a brand new M3.

AND by dirty money, i meant earning an income doing illegal activities ( drugs, stealing, etc. ).

no I didn't get brand new m3, i got my 97 m3 a year ago and i did paid outright.
Old 03-30-2003, 12:11 AM   #27
Mr seville
6th Gear Member

are you jealous of me polak. i have a 70 000 dollar car(bought used 6 months or so ago for an undisclosed amount). now i'm no rapper eminem wannabe but i am 17. i pay out the ass for insurance and i have 500 dollars in the bank to spend on mods. WELL......JEALOUS????
Old 03-30-2003, 12:17 AM   #28
SickFinga

since when seville is 70k??
Old 03-30-2003, 12:38 AM   #29
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Quote:
Originally posted by m3polack
Id like to stress that I bought a BMW automobile because its a fine piece of german engineering, and not EVERYONE could own one considering the price.
Fu@k...you make up the small percentile of the arrogant BMW stereotype and ruin it for the many.

And do you honestly think you are getting a fine piece of German engineering with a newer BMW? Boy you are in for a surprise. I suggest if you are looking for a fine German engineered car and belong in an "prestigious club" you sell your BMW and get a Porsche.
Old 03-30-2003, 12:44 AM   #30
Mr seville
6th Gear Member

Quote:
since when seville is 70k??

the current sts starts at $66000 with a navigation system is around $70000. mine new back in 92 was $58000(correction the exact price) plus sunroof and heated seats and abs it came out to around 65. with tax thats a little more then 70 all these were options back then

Last edited by Mr seville; 03-30-2003 at 12:48 AM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: