Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-02-2010, 08:22 PM   #16
PinkieMoscow
Jumped up G'd up.

fuk me, I ate a big mac today =(. Also, how is it fair to target a group of people like this? What about their national sport of Suuummoooo WESTLING!?

In all seriousness, I'm glad that Japan has taken a stand against fast food and westernization in a way. However, I don't think that other countries will be rushing to implement the same regulations.

Last edited by PinkieMoscow; 06-02-2010 at 08:25 PM.
PinkieMoscow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:31 PM   #17
PinkieMoscow
Jumped up G'd up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
Well how much do you think your paying in taxes for these fatties?

If you think about it for every action there is a re-action so lets say everyone is forced to lose weight and everyone does .. now you have an economical change .. fast food is gone .. healthy restaurants are up but not selling because you can make the same things so now there are less jobs (now your paying taxes for the unemployed). Since people are skinner there most likely eating less .. now your paying more for food in the grocery store because of supply and demand (green peppers have gone from lets say $1.49 to $2.29)

so if you really break it down .. how much are you losing?
Obesity rates have grown again this year in the States and Canada is slowly following as our culture assimilates. Also consider the current population growth rate, imagine how much our taxes will spike if you consider those two factors.

Last edited by PinkieMoscow; 06-02-2010 at 08:35 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:48 PM   #18
sirex
King Sirex

Whats the difference between obese, overweight, fat?

Curious, what's your weight and height Stephanie? I hope youre 5'5" 115 pounds to be sharing such opinions with us.

Im tired of my tax dollars going to bums that spend it on drugs and alchohol. Im tired of our tax dollars going to contractors that scam the government because they are friends and its okay.

A burden on the health care system? Really? Most people that are having heart attacks, strokes, anneurisms, aren't even that far over weight. Our high sodium, high fructose corn syrup diets are what is causing problems. And you dont have to be overweight for high sodium to be a problem and the same is true for cholestrol..

Last edited by sirex; 06-02-2010 at 09:53 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:19 PM   #19
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkieMoscow View Post
fuk me, I ate a big mac today =(. Also, how is it fair to target a group of people like this? What about their national sport of Suuummoooo WESTLING!?

In all seriousness, I'm glad that Japan has taken a stand against fast food and westernization in a way. However, I don't think that other countries will be rushing to implement the same regulations.
it will turn into a skinny slapping competition

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:24 PM   #20
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_fat_percentage

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:54 AM   #21
PinkieMoscow
Jumped up G'd up.

Quote:
Fat was the original term defining an entity as being heavier then that of the majority/average. Later oversensitive 'pigs' felt that it was insulting to be called fat and so we introduced overweight to help fatties feel better about themselves and slowly it became a norm to be a fat disfunctional pig. Now it's politially incorrect to call people overwieght, as they are "metobolically challanged".

Obese is more of a scientific term for fatties.

GIVE ME A ****ING BREAK!!! We should be sensitive towards other peoples misfortunes they say. Yah right, lets just normalize overweightness and mediocrity while we're at it.

God damn human rights, does no one see that we're devolving on a day to day basis.

Last edited by PinkieMoscow; 06-03-2010 at 11:56 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:55 AM   #22
PinkieMoscow
Jumped up G'd up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
it will turn into a skinny slapping competition

T'would bring great viewer ratings. =D
Old 06-03-2010, 01:23 PM   #23
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Send a message via MSN to craigIS
Quote:
Fat was the original term defining an entity as being heavier then that of the majority/average. Later oversensitive 'pigs' felt that it was insulting to be called fat and so we introduced overweight to help fatties feel better about themselves and slowly it became a norm to be a fat disfunctional pig. Now it's politially incorrect to call people overwieght, as they are "metobolically challanged".

Obese is more of a scientific term for fatties.

GIVE ME A ****ING BREAK!!! We should be sensitive towards other peoples misfortunes they say. Yah right, lets just normalize overweightness and mediocrity while we're at it.

God damn human rights, does no one see that we're devolving on a day to day basis.
Fat is a term that is used loosely, and can refer to a number of body types and sizes.

Overweight is not meant to be politically correct, although it is. Being overweight just means one is weighs more than the average. Overweight just means that someone is more heavy than someone with their body type should be, and has excess blubber.

Obese is a medical term, describing someone who is about 20-30% over their Body Mass Index. Being obese can be self induced, or cause by other health issues.

None of the terms are meant to make anyone feel better about their body type, or size. Me having been overweight, I know that none of the terms make someone feel better about themselves. When your overweight, you know what's wrong, your fat! lol. It doesn't change anything in your mind when someone calls you a fatty, it just stings a little bit more.

flickr
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:29 PM   #24
PinkieMoscow
Jumped up G'd up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigIS View Post
Fat is a term that is used loosely, and can refer to a number of body types and sizes.

Overweight is not meant to be politically correct, although it is. Being overweight just means one is weighs more than the average. Overweight just means that someone is more heavy than someone with their body type should be, and has excess blubber.

Obese is a medical term, describing someone who is about 20-30% over their Body Mass Index. Being obese can be self induced, or cause by other health issues.

None of the terms are meant to make anyone feel better about their body type, or size. Me having been overweight, I know that none of the terms make someone feel better about themselves. When your overweight, you know what's wrong, your fat! lol. It doesn't change anything in your mind when someone calls you a fatty, it just stings a little bit more.
Have you never seen those shows ie. oprah, ellen,taking about how people should be happy with their bodies and how they're not 'fat' per say, it just seems like people are always looking for excuses as it's always easier that way.

I believe overweight is more of a loose term than fat. Considering the weight I have to be at my hight I am overweight.

I don't know why I wrote all the above, as I'm not arguing anything. I guess I'm just really bored at work.

Last edited by PinkieMoscow; 06-03-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:41 PM   #25
Ceeker
Parts hoarding partner...

Don't worry....soon it will be being ugly too!

I think I've had 14 bmw's in 4 years.
2 IX's -sold and parts
2 325i 4 dr - sold
4 318is all white - sold and parts
1 87 325is red - parts
1 89 325i vert grey - parts
1 90 325is white - keepin
1 87 325i vert -red - keepin
latest addition 1 88-325is red - parts
latest addition 1 89-325i vert - white -fixin/sold
latest addition 1 92-318i vert - blue - parts
latest addition 1 87 325is blk - parts.

latest addition as of 2013-Gold 87-325is auto! it's a keeper!
Ceeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:41 PM   #26
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Send a message via MSN to craigIS
Quote:
Have you never seen those shows ie. oprah, ellen,taking about how people should be happy with their bodies and how they're not 'fat' per say, it just seems like people are always looking for excuses as it's always easier that way.

I believe overweight is more of a loose term than fat. Considering the weight I have to be at my hight I am overweight.

I don't know why I wrote all the above, as I'm not arguing anything. I guess I'm just really bored at work.
lol. Work is for squares!

I don't care about what Oprah or Ellen say, they are full of shit.

Perhaps overweight is used more loosely than fat, or maybe about the same. I consider myself to be slightly overweight now, but I used to be fat.

flickr
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:49 PM   #27
PinkieMoscow
Jumped up G'd up.

I'm sure most BMW drivers are "over-weight" it's all the car meets by fast food places and constant sitting and driving. If cars were an extension of our bodies and could burn calories for us I think bmw drivers would be amongs the healthiest people on the planet.

Tis true, work is for squares. I've just shamed myself. =(
Old 06-03-2010, 05:18 PM   #28
sirex
King Sirex

Im pretty sure that the majority of the people on these forums are not the exact body weight that they should be, so I think you need to tone it down with all this "**** those fat people" "Im sick of my tax dollars going to help fat people" nonsense.

Im willing to bet that 90% of Maxbimmer members are not the perfect weight they need to be. The CNN clip was talking about how the ideal waste size is 30 and 32 (For Japan). Thats a pretty ****ing tiny waste size. Im a 34, Im 6 foot tall with fairly broad shoulders and weigh 188 pounds. So I am overweight. Does that mean I am fat, or obese. Not really. Thats a fairly healthy weight in my opinion. I feel great and I am fairly athletic.

So where do you draw the line, and why should I aim for perfection? This just sounds like a bunch of non-sense, and the Japanese are having it shoved down their throats (admitedly CNN is not a great news source, Id like to see something that talks about this in more depth) without saying a word about it? Something sounds out of place to me.

Lastly, as I stated earlier, you could be your ideal body weight and have crazy high blood pressure and many many issues. Likewise you could also be morbildy obese, and have perfect blood pressure, etc.

Also the argument that its costing healthcare so much is a false one.. You have no way of measuring that accurately other than opinion. You can get heart disease just as easily from not brushing your teeth, inhaling polluted air on a daily basis, etc, etc, etc. There are so many variables. Yes, being overweight does increase your chance to all those issues, and compounding with everythign else does make a difference. But to just say FAT = All problems therefore REMOVE fat take away all problems, is a HUGE false argument.

you want to increase the health in society this is what you do:
a) ban tobaco products
b) fix cars, and reduce cars on the road so that less poisonous gasses are released. Urban areas are full of smog and cancer.
c) ban fast food.. high sodium diets are the causing for MOST of the issues we see today (stroke, annuerisms, high blood pressure which is a precursor for the last two that I mentioned.
d) Remove junk food and frozen food from the isles of grocery stores.

Last edited by sirex; 06-03-2010 at 05:23 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:33 PM   #29
PinkieMoscow
Jumped up G'd up.

Quote:
Im pretty sure that the majority of the people on these forums are not the exact body weight that they should be, so I think you need to tone it down with all this "**** those fat people" "Im sick of my tax dollars going to help fat people" nonsense.

Im willing to bet that 90% of Maxbimmer members are not the perfect weight they need to be. The CNN clip was talking about how the ideal waste size is 30 and 32 (For Japan). Thats a pretty ****ing tiny waste size. Im a 34, Im 6 foot tall with fairly broad shoulders and weigh 188 pounds. So I am overweight. Does that mean I am fat, or obese. Not really. Thats a fairly healthy weight in my opinion. I feel great and I am fairly athletic.
Where else can we express the way we actually feel besides the internet?

Anyway, I think you indirectly brought up a good point. We are always critisizing different aspect of America and Western culture as a whole, what we don't realize or fail to realize is that everything goes hand in hand. We all value free speach and value what America stands for (for the most part) Freedom and democracy. Who are we to tell people what they can and can't eat. I think it's good for the individual person that japan brough up these regulations, but I'm not sure how good it is for (a democratic) society as a whole.

Considering that democracy on a global scale is a new concept, I think we need governments and people to slowly adjust to a healthy life style before promoting it so much and inforcing later. You can't just be like no fast food for you fatty, because there can be so many reprucustions on the international and national levels.

Last edited by PinkieMoscow; 06-03-2010 at 05:45 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: