Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-02-2010, 09:23 AM   #1
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Question Being fat is now 'illegal' in Japan

Old 06-02-2010, 10:08 AM   #2
ChrisTO
∞ Gear Member

brilliant! if it helps to reduce healthcare costs for the nation i say do it. they should also do the same for smoking. it's my hard earned tax dollars that is being used to treat others that don't care for themselves. i say if you want healthcare as an individual you must hold up your end of the bargain.

if you don't like it - no 'free' healthcare for you, you pay for it.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:50 AM   #3
Stephanie
6th Gear Member

I totally agree with Chris. I've been saying this for years... Why the hell should I be paying taxes to take care of obese people that literally choose not to take care of themselves?

It makes me sick that we, as tax payers, have to support people who over-eat and are too lazy to go for a walk or spend 30 mins a day on a treadmill.

Black Sapphire Metallic | Coral Red | Brushed Aluminium | 6MT | ZSP | ZPP | PDC | Bluetooth
Shadowlines | Matte Grilles | Aero Lip | BMW Performance Pedals | Smoked Reflectors | LLumar Tint 40%
KW V2 | VMR V710 | Super Sports | BMS JB4 | BMS DCIs | HPF Intercooler | UUC EVO3 SSK | UUC RK7 Shift Knob
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:36 AM   #4
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
I totally agree with Chris. I've been saying this for years... Why the hell should I be paying taxes to take care of obese people that literally choose not to take care of themselves?

It makes me sick that we, as tax payers, have to support people who over-eat and are too lazy to go for a walk or spend 30 mins a day on a treadmill.
Well how much do you think your paying in taxes for these fatties?

If you think about it for every action there is a re-action so lets say everyone is forced to lose weight and everyone does .. now you have an economical change .. fast food is gone .. healthy restaurants are up but not selling because you can make the same things so now there are less jobs (now your paying taxes for the unemployed). Since people are skinner there most likely eating less .. now your paying more for food in the grocery store because of supply and demand (green peppers have gone from lets say $1.49 to $2.29)

so if you really break it down .. how much are you losing?

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:59 PM   #5
davericher20
black and blue

boom^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:20 PM   #6
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Send a message via MSN to craigIS
I think this is a good idea. You don't get fat from eating fast food here and there. As we all know, you get fat from eating fast food ( and other not so healthy meals) constantly, and not exercising. I am probably still a little over weight for my height and body type, but I have been exercising to keep my weight down, under control, and to get beck into shape. I still eat fast food 2 - 3 times a week, but I burn off the calories and fat by exercising. It's not that hard to control your weight. And places like McDonalds probably won't loose that much money if people still eat there, but not every day.

flickr
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:30 PM   #7
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
the us government would never do this, its too direct and to the point.

The US government would more likely start crushing up pseudoephedrine and putting it in people's drinking water, thinking that would solve all their problems, since fat people drink more water.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black, ohlins, pazzo, graves
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:45 PM   #8
1minte46
2nd Gear Member

lol this is way to easy for the US government to do, they always have to take the long way

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post

The US government would more likely start crushing up pseudoephedrine and putting it in people's drinking water, thinking that would solve all their problems, since fat people drink more water.
1minte46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:45 PM   #9
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
This is amazing.

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:01 PM   #10
ChrisTO
∞ Gear Member

healthcare is a big expense for our tax dollars.

so you raise another good point. if people don't retrain after being laid off and go on pogey how is that any different than simply not taking care of your own body? everyone should be a contributing member of society.

while they are at it be more strict on those EI payouts. if you don't keep up with the times and stick with your old skills well then you should be out of work. get educated! we are competing globally and technology continues to march on. no different than a company being marginalized because they didn't keep up with the times. (ala GM/Chrysler) why get a bailout from tax dollars? Let the free market decide.

if you claim your skill is in horse shoe making and there are no jobs out there...don't make me pay for your EI benefits. get retrained to do something else.

and i don't get your food analogy. people eat less so less demand - which means food should come down in price not up. there would be an oversupply in food with less food being consumed...but your analogy on principle doesn't make sense as other have posted. you still need to eat just how the food is prepared will be different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
Well how much do you think your paying in taxes for these fatties?

If you think about it for every action there is a re-action so lets say everyone is forced to lose weight and everyone does .. now you have an economical change .. fast food is gone .. healthy restaurants are up but not selling because you can make the same things so now there are less jobs (now your paying taxes for the unemployed). Since people are skinner there most likely eating less .. now your paying more for food in the grocery store because of supply and demand (green peppers have gone from lets say $1.49 to $2.29)

so if you really break it down .. how much are you losing?
Old 06-02-2010, 02:08 PM   #11
aspen540
2nd Gear Member

whats gonna happen to all sumo wrestlers?
aspen540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:26 PM   #12
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
No, they won't do it, because it's too stupid even for the US government. Since fat people are a liability for a company, no one would hire them. So all fat people end up on welfare costing even more to the taxpayers.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:12 PM   #13
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspen540 View Post
well they probably have private health care, and they also rarely live past 40

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:29 PM   #14
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Send a message via MSN to craigIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspen540 View Post
Actually, I was thinking the same thing, but forgot to mention it.

Who knows, they may be excluded in some way, because they are professional athletes.

flickr
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:15 PM   #15
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTO View Post
healthcare is a big expense for our tax dollars.

so you raise another good point. if people don't retrain after being laid off and go on pogey how is that any different than simply not taking care of your own body? everyone should be a contributing member of society.

while they are at it be more strict on those EI payouts. if you don't keep up with the times and stick with your old skills well then you should be out of work. get educated! we are competing globally and technology continues to march on. no different than a company being marginalized because they didn't keep up with the times. (ala GM/Chrysler) why get a bailout from tax dollars? Let the free market decide.

if you claim your skill is in horse shoe making and there are no jobs out there...don't make me pay for your EI benefits. get retrained to do something else.

and i don't get your food analogy. people eat less so less demand - which means food should come down in price not up. there would be an oversupply in food with less food being consumed...but your analogy on principle doesn't make sense as other have posted. you still need to eat just how the food is prepared will be different.
LOL .. the fast food industry is much larger and there are many more of them then some one making horseshoes. The need for simply jobs with minimal skills is also required. I think horseshoe is a bad analogy.. but I can see where your getting at.

The supply and demand .. well there will be more supply and less demand hence the price going up because people are eating less. Skinny people don't eat that much, especially a whole nation of skinny people (this argument can be challenge because of how many meals a day someone eats and there metabolism). But if you can picture no more buffets, wasted food at fast food restaurants you can see a chain reaction. (I cant imagine a world without chocolate )

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: