Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-05-2010, 01:27 PM   #61
InfiniteDice
14 Years with the E30

Okay I really won't finalize a number till I can get a good long run with the car, I reset the OBC and ont he way home for lunch it was telling me 5.8l/100 the area has slight ups and downs so it may not have enough time to level the variables out.

This would equal 7.8L/100km with Marks equation factored in.

This was at 110kph 2200rpm 5th gear. (speed verified by gps)

The 4.2l/100km reading is for when I'm in 5th gear doing 80kph it's running at like 1400 or 1500 rpm lol.

Performance one step at a time.
InfiniteDice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:23 PM   #62
InfiniteDice
14 Years with the E30

Okay guys, the final word in this discussion on mileage. I was 237km north of Matagami Quebec this past weekend, I drove a total of 2650 km. The OBC was telling me between 6.2L/100 and 6.4L/100. I'd say my average speed was 120 - 130 kph.

Maxing out the tank, and using the GPS for distance I calculated 7.2L/100. This includes being stuck in the 5pm daily Barrie traffic jam. I would say that without that factor I could have gotten close to 7L/100.

After that I stopped keeping track and concentrated on driving. The 2.93 LSD is alright once you get used to it, 3rd on the highway is awesome for passing, and 4th is like 5th with the old 3.73.... 5th is for getting good mileage and saving $$$ but has no balls under 120 kph.

Later guys.

Old 07-15-2010, 03:24 PM   #63
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

That's a LOT OF DRIVING. Awesome dude.
Old 07-15-2010, 04:15 PM   #64
InfiniteDice
14 Years with the E30

Yeah 500km of rally roads. Remind me to use 70 profile tires next time. Bang... BANG! banG!

I hit a big chunk of wood, what appeared to be 1/2 of a 4x4 post. Looks like I creamed it with the steering rack. lol I shredded a tire, had all the metal hanging out. Some aluminum heat shield broke loose, had to secure that.

I don't suggest high negative camber north of Amos.

Old 10-17-2010, 06:55 PM   #65
JSPEC
2nd Gear Member

Is that group by going to happen?

1. Gleb
2. Rudy
3. Bullet Ride (only if I can pay an "upgrade fee" to get it since I'm already paying to get one of your chips next week )
4. Devon (im down if price is within reason)
5. Graeme, but I'm in the same boat as Bullet Ride We'll talk when I come over tomorrow
6. John
7. 135i325e740i
8. Martin (JSPEC)- U make it and I'll but it
9. George (ont-wrx) Same as bullet and Graeme! If you make it, i will buy it
JSPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:20 PM   #66
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPEC View Post
Is that group by going to happen?

1. Gleb
2. Rudy
3. Bullet Ride (only if I can pay an "upgrade fee" to get it since I'm already paying to get one of your chips next week )
5. Graeme, but I'm in the same boat as Bullet Ride We'll talk when I come over tomorrow
6. John
7. 135i325e740i
If you guys are really interested in this, let's make a separate thread instead of hijacking this one. I've ben busy with a few things, one is an encryption board that will allow me to sell new stuff without it being cloned by people that just want to make a fast buck by selling copies of my work on ebay or some other forum. Once the encryption board is ready, (planned for release next April or May) I can make a MAF kit and sell it. I don't want to tell you too much about the new encryption board, but think of a WARMD chip.
That stands for Write-And-Read-MarkD chip.
I had this idea about 5 years back, but mis-judged the market for such a device. I will alos be getting the dyno going at GRAF Auto which is near Yorkdale, for tuning next season. One big reason I need the dyno again is to make dyno charts of everything I offer and to fine tune a bit of it. I'll be back....
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:03 PM   #67
BmW1819
6th Gear Member

so i gonna make the Maf kit for the e30's????
BmW1819 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 08:27 PM   #68
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmW1819 View Post
so i gonna make the Maf kit for the e30's????
no not you, I will make it. But only after my encryption board is ready. As I menioned the board will be ready for next season and the MAF kit will be available a few months later, unless I just get too busy. But I will try hard to get it out there, even though I am starting to focus my efforts on x35 tuning.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:33 PM   #69
SamE30e
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
If you guys are really interested in this, let's make a separate thread instead of hijacking this one. I've ben busy with a few things, one is an encryption board that will allow me to sell new stuff without it being cloned by people that just want to make a fast buck by selling copies of my work on ebay or some other forum. Once the encryption board is ready, (planned for release next April or May) I can make a MAF kit and sell it. I don't want to tell you too much about the new encryption board, but think of a WARMD chip.
That stands for Write-And-Read-MarkD chip.
I had this idea about 5 years back, but mis-judged the market for such a device. I will alos be getting the dyno going at GRAF Auto which is near Yorkdale, for tuning next season. One big reason I need the dyno again is to make dyno charts of everything I offer and to fine tune a bit of it. I'll be back....

So are you making your version of the WAR chip?
02 325i Sedan
SamE30e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:15 PM   #70
Aloush
3rd Gear Member

1. Gleb
2. Rudy
6. John
7. 135i325e740i
10. Aloush (same as "devon")
Aloush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:21 PM   #71
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamE30e View Post
So are you making your version of the WAR chip?
I'm making my version of the chip I had envisoned around 5 years ago.

The PCB has been laid out for over a month, I just have to make some boards and build them. Then there is a lot of firmware to write just to get the basic version operating. It's been on hold as I do all the other fun stuff that I'm working on.

Last edited by MarkD; 10-19-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:02 PM   #72
bmwconnect
BMW Tuner

I guess the war/race is on !! LOL and with that I have a AFM to MAP sensor kit in the works as well for those who wish delete/remove the fugly AFM unit and replace with a GM 1Bar sensor and GM Intake Air Temp Sensor witch can be easily hidden... Options are always fun!! should be ready to go in March

Last edited by bmwconnect; 10-19-2010 at 09:10 PM.
bmwconnect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:42 PM   #73
voluted
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
I'm making my version of the chip I had envisoned around 5 years ago.

The PCB has been laid out for over a month, I just have to make some boards and build them. Then there is a lot of firmware to write just to get the basic version operating. It's been on hold as I do all the other fun stuff that I'm working on.

Would said chip become available for the m/s5x family of motors as well? I was planning to get one of your chips before the season is over but I would rather wait if you think you'll have something like the WAR chip available next year.
voluted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 10:23 PM   #74
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
6. John
7. 135i325e740i
10. Aloush (same as "devon")
I'm out, as is Gleb.

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:18 PM   #75
Gleb
E30 ..?

I did buy a Miller MAF and chip but, I am still interested. If Mark's is better and I hope it will be, I can always sell my Miller stuff.
Gleb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: