Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2012, 03:16 PM   #736
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool
 
Dr. Flyview's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,367
Send a message via MSN to Dr. Flyview
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
Doogee was actually racing his car in New Zealand last year and he wrecked it...

http://youtu.be/jyKNKU7pOBU?t=8m50s

Be safe out there on the track boys!
lol wow the front bumper is in one piece. Looks like the silver car couldn't do much, had to push back to not go into the wall itself. But probably should've just slowed...?
__________________

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1994 BMW 325i - daily
1992 BMW 325i - totaled
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -
sold

Dr. Flyview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:54 PM   #737
5style
Hatters gon Hatt
 
5style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Toronot
Posts: 5,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Flyview View Post
lol wow the front bumper is in one piece. Looks like the silver car couldn't do much, had to push back to not go into the wall itself. But probably should've just slowed...?
Asshole on the track
__________________
Cayenne hunting!
5style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:20 PM   #738
sparf328
boostjunky
 
sparf328's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Etobicoke
Posts: 258
I'm extremely curious to know what the exchange of words was like between the two drivers once they got off the track.....
sparf328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:32 PM   #739
Gleb
E30 ..?
 
Gleb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparf328 View Post
I'm extremely curious to know what the exchange of words was like between the two drivers once they got off the track.....
Silver Car: Hey, what are you doing on the wall and what happened to your car?
Yellow car: Some a-hole that shouldn't be driving a lawn mower spun me out!
SC: Did you happen to see who it was?
YC: Yeah, some douchebag that decides to stop in the middle of the race to talk to another driver.
SC: Doh!

These guys should come to the BMW race school and learn how to drive 50 feet from each other.
Gleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:09 PM   #740
davericher20
black and blue
 
davericher20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 2 storey 3 bedroom 1 car garage
Posts: 3,592
ya really, he pulls over right before the checkered flag?

Kurt was clearly at fault there, should have let off.

Also I didn't know you went to new zealand??? AND put stupid stickers on your car?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:35 PM   #741
doogee
Stance is Gay.
 
doogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ancaster
Posts: 3,452
Send a message via MSN to doogee
Quote:
Originally Posted by davericher20 View Post
ya really, he pulls over right before the checkered flag?

Kurt was clearly at fault there, should have let off.

Also I didn't know you went to new zealand??? AND put stupid stickers on your car?

When people challenge me, I bump them. Into the wall. Unfortunately it didn't go as planned this time.

I'm pretty sure my brake lines failed, which caused the accident. We clearly weren't touching eachother at all.
__________________


Dakar M3 Track Build Thread
doogee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:37 PM   #742
SiR
Vtec just kicked in
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: TO
Posts: 2,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcramer View Post
why the z3 rad ??
has more capacity(3 core iirc) and works with the e36. I would go with that one if I went OEM... but Im a fan of aluminum as pointed out earlier.
and im fully aware of those ptg pics....






...






__________________
-||Old Crayons||-

Last edited by SiR; 03-06-2012 at 04:41 PM.
SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:26 PM   #743
richie_s999
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oshawa
Posts: 4,537
Must have been caused by those unchanged braided brake lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post
has more capacity(3 core iirc) and works with the e36. I would go with that one if I went OEM... but Im a fan of aluminum as pointed out earlier.
and im fully aware of those ptg pics....






...






richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:32 PM   #744
Steve30
Techno Viking
 
Steve30's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Scarborough
Posts: 1,727
LOL


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________



E36 ///M3 S54
E30 325is winter build
Steve30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:15 PM   #745
davericher20
black and blue
 
davericher20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 2 storey 3 bedroom 1 car garage
Posts: 3,592
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beating_a_dead_horse.jpg (27.3 KB, 317 views)
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:16 PM   #746
ZiMMie
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: T-Dot
Posts: 9,946
Send a message via ICQ to ZiMMie Send a message via MSN to ZiMMie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
Doogee was actually racing his car in New Zealand last year and he wrecked it...

http://youtu.be/jyKNKU7pOBU?t=8m50s

Be safe out there on the track boys!
Thanks for the link. Love the track layout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleb View Post
Silver Car: Hey, what are you doing on the wall and what happened to your car?
Yellow car: Some a-hole that shouldn't be driving a lawn mower spun me out!
SC: Did you happen to see who it was?
YC: Yeah, some douchebag that decides to stop in the middle of the race to talk to another driver.
SC: Doh!

These guys should come to the BMW race school and learn how to drive 50 feet from each other.
Can you suggest to the trillium club board to introduce something like OPEN racing in NZ. After watching that video, read their regulations and it looks like a very interesting race series.

http://www.bmwraceseries.co.nz/wp-co...2011-2012..pdf

Sorry Kurt
__________________
#E36-S54 #CSLWannabe
ZiMMie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:59 PM   #747
Gleb
E30 ..?
 
Gleb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiMMie View Post
Can you suggest to the trillium club board to introduce something like OPEN racing in NZ.
... Not laughing at your suggestion.

It's BMWCCA that makes the "racing" rules.
Gleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:29 AM   #748
doogee
Stance is Gay.
 
doogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ancaster
Posts: 3,452
Send a message via MSN to doogee
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiMMie View Post
Can you suggest to the trillium club board to introduce something like OPEN racing in NZ. After watching that video, read their regulations and it looks like a very interesting race series.

Sorry Kurt
No worries. I wouldn't count on anything like that being introduced.

Better off in the regionals.
__________________


Dakar M3 Track Build Thread
doogee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:42 AM   #749
Gertrude214
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: us
Posts: 5
I don't want to be messing around too much.
Gertrude214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:18 PM   #750
doogee
Stance is Gay.
 
doogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ancaster
Posts: 3,452
Send a message via MSN to doogee
Looks like I should have quite a few updates this week as I have a lot of time to get some work done!

Today I started by re-painting the inside of the car. I sprayed it last season but it's impossible to keep clean and started looking pretty ugly after a short while. So Im going with the roll on Tremclad. Looks great. High gloss and much smoother.

It got too dark before I could finish. I still need to finish the trunk and might as well do a second coat.

__________________


Dakar M3 Track Build Thread

Last edited by doogee; 03-25-2012 at 10:21 PM.
doogee is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2014