Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-15-2010, 02:24 AM   #1
ayashifx55
1st Gear Newbie

headrest lcd ? e36

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum , just got myself an e36 , really really fun to drive , been driving only japanese cars but i can say that the e36 is really great.

I have a question and it's about a lcd headrest. The previous owner left me an LCD (i checked the model and it was a headrest lcd) he pulled out my on board computer and replaced with a LCD (the head rest, he simpled removed the screen out of the headrest probably) It was never hooked up.

At home, i tried powering it with a 12V 2A external harddrive power source and it worked ! shows video 1 & video 2. Problem is , where can i get this 12V source from in the car? What can i hook it up to ? I only have a JVC aftermarket head unit .... should i buy a dvd player or those chinese dvd touch screen player ? Thank you for your help.
ayashifx55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:13 PM   #2
iverson03tj
5th Gear Member

Well it all depends on your budget, and yes if you do want those head rest monitors, then you will have to buy a head unit that will support it, and Really i been thru alot of car audio equipment and trust me you dont want a no name brand, its better to go with a brand named head unit.
When bying one look for :
Whats ur budget like?
What functions you would like to have, (ex. My friend has one that also takes in a memory card or usb stick, and he just downloads movies onto the stick and plays it via usb stick, which i really think is cool!!)
Also honestly i say u save a bit of money and get a really good deck, because you can use it on the next car you buy as well,

My recomendation is to buy one with dvd and navigation and sat radio!!!

and for the e36 its better to buy a 1 din in-dash Head unit, dont buy the cheap In-Dash because they will break on you, (ask em how i know ) , buy a good one like the alpine IVA series

http://www.crutchfield.ca/Alpine_IVA...500IVAD106.htm
iverson03tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:22 PM   #3
ayashifx55
1st Gear Newbie

i think you did not understand my question ... i said the seller left me a LCD which came from a headrest ....!!! i'm not buying one !!!
I'm asking how do i hook it up to power it on ?? thanks.
ayashifx55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:03 PM   #4
iverson03tj
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayashifx55 View Post
i think you did not understand my question ... i said the seller left me a LCD which came from a headrest ....!!! i'm not buying one !!!
I'm asking how do i hook it up to power it on ?? thanks.
Are you asking how to hook it up to you car
iverson03tj is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: