Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-15-2010, 03:40 PM   #16
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

Pure shame and greed. Now you know what goes on behind closed doors.

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:15 AM   #17
daytona
6th Gear Member

why should the owner have his franchise pulled over two rogue sales people?..if he was late on franchise fees or if there other complaints he should be fined not have the ownership pulled by Mazda..
Old 05-16-2010, 01:26 AM   #18
Robb
EX E30 M3 Owner

How dumb can a person really be to overpay by that much ??
I mean, there's an MSRP list price on the thing....lol
If she has a mental disability (like she claims), then she shouldnt be behind the wheel of a car !

On the other hand, sometimes customers even think they got ripped off if the dealer profits $1000 over thier cost.......

Go figure.

It's always the dealerships fault right ?
Is it okay for a Porsche or Ferrari dealer to make $20,000 gross profit on thier products then ??

A salesman's job is to make as much money as they can on the product they sell.

If OMVIC or the gov't thinks this is being ripped off, then they should have fixed pricing for everything !
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:24 AM   #19
daytona
6th Gear Member

Robb I agree,this person shouldnt be behind a wheel if she has mental relapse.Comparison between high end cars and lower end cars is not right though.Why pull the franchise license though?.....usually warnings and fines would scare the dealership into compliance.The two sales person their live is truly fuc+ in the auto industry,no one would hire them again unless you work in the "triangle of sleeze" (Keele,Weston,Finch,Wilson) dealerships where you are welcome with open arms.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:09 PM   #20
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Send a message via MSN to craigIS
This is sad. I don;t know how someone can take advantage of someone else like this.

If the lady has a disability, it's a learning disability, not a mental one. Maybe she can drive, and follow the rules of the road just fine. Maybe she is too trusting, and told the sales men she would pay whatever the car is worth.

flickr
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:51 AM   #21
rendered
6th Gear Member

Its nice to see this dealership and those two scummbag employees get whats deserved to them...

Remember the majority of used car dealers are scammers (especially in the axis of evil Keele, dufferin, Steeles, finch area, etc) but this was a NEW car, at a NEW car Mazda franchise dealership. Goes to show they're all crooks. Reminds me when a certain (unnamed) BMW dealership way back when, tried to sneak in an extra UNKNOWN $2500 on my 3 series... needless to say, it didn't add up on the invoice correctly, and I complained till the problem was corrected and justice was served.

Mazda of Orangeville - I was doing their website/advertising for a bit back in 2007/08. I could of told you they were scammers years ago. But it's nice to see they are finally getting their karma along with some of lousy dealerships in the axis of evil...

One look/conversation at/with the owner in person and anyone will obviously tell he's dishonest. They didn't revoke his franchise for only this situation but many more in the past since they've opened. One of the worst performing from my recollection as well.

Driveitsideways, they still owed my company at least 3 invoices as well. We gave up and stopped providing our services.

SLR.... I heard that too... Are you speaking of Moe or Bains?

Quack, might have to take you up on that offer... as nothing more pisses me off to see these so called "wannabe ballers" drive exotic cars that are not even in their names, leased in other peoples names, with scammed money from poor unsuspecting people like this woman. - Ah the stories I could tell, I don't think anyone would ever want to buy another car again especially not here.
rendered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:41 AM   #22
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
Surprised how many people are siding with the dealer in this case.

She didn't go in to buy a car, she went in to buy tires, as for the mental disability and driving thing, we don't know exactly what her mental disability was but I know people with disabilities who lack social skills, math skills etc, but are actually quite capable of doing day to day tasks just fine.

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:38 AM   #23
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW BMXer View Post
She didn't go in to buy a car, she went in to buy tires,...
Those must have been very exotic tires or the only tires they had in stock were on a car that must be sold together. Either that or it was an agressive up sell.

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:37 AM   #24
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
An obviously aggressive sell combined with the sellers aforementioned disability.

Initial article: http://www.thestar.com/business/arti...ling-by-25-000

"Leonard walked into the dealership wanting to replace the tires on her 2004 car."
"By the time she left she was on the hook for a spiffy, black 2010 Mazda6 sedan at the eye-popping price of almost $66,000, after taxes and the value of her trade-in vehicle. "

Every time I am at a Mazda Dealer they try entice me to trade in my car and get a new one.

BMW dealers just ignore me.

Stanceiseverything.com
Old 05-19-2010, 09:53 AM   #25
sirex
King Sirex

that dealership can still sell used cars and other stuff.. just not new mazda cars.

i dont see whats wrong with this at all. No they didn't do anything illegal, but, they aren't being PUNISHED by the law. They are being punished by Mazda the coporation that clearly stated to them they dont want them scamming customers.

This gives Mazda a very bad name and people will associate mazda with what a privatly owned sales centre did.

Mazda needs to crack down on sales people aaround the country and let them know that this type of breach will not be tolerated if they want to sell mazda vehicles.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:17 AM   #26
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Mazda needs to crackdown on their RUST issues too, just saying
Old 05-19-2010, 11:25 AM   #27
Robb
EX E30 M3 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 405Style View Post
Mazda needs to crackdown on their RUST issues too, just saying
WORD. I see so many 5-6 year old mazda's with alot of rust !
If they did that, they'd have to jack up the price of thier cars !
No one will buy Mazda then since it will be close to the price of a Honda and a Toyota.
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:30 AM   #28
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Yep Mazda 3s, and 5s rust prematurely. Mazda WILL pay for the repair though. I got mine repaired on Mazda Canada's tab at a Honda dealership oddly enough.

Stanceiseverything.com
Old 05-19-2010, 06:07 PM   #29
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW BMXer View Post
Yep Mazda 3s, and 5s rust prematurely. Mazda WILL pay for the repair though. I got mine repaired on Mazda Canada's tab at a Honda dealership oddly enough.
It's horrible, my uncle's '07 has an alarming amount of rust on the underbody.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:59 PM   #30
911LOL
Banned

There's much more to this story than this.
911LOL is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: