Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > BMW Cars For Sale
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-10-2010, 10:14 PM   #16
Petinko
2nd Gear Member

I do agree that in general the market isn't hot for an M3 e36 but for we who are old enough to remember the the 1990's was't kind to the e30 M3 market either.

Matter of fact is that the type of M3 the OP is looking for is in demand is rare and is going to command a higher price... and IMHO worth it! but the other 80% of the market is old, tired and will need $$$$ and love to restore, I include myself in the later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
I'm not upset, i actually find it funny to read all your posts for the last couple months that you haven't found a car yet. Yet you seem to be an expert on what m3s should sell for.
Petinko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:17 PM   #17
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk325i View Post
dont offer that guy anything over 8 grand
look at the mirrors

It's a 318 with a M3 swap.
lvan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:30 PM   #18
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petinko View Post
I do agree that in general the market isn't hot for an M3 e36 but for we who are old enough to remember the the 1990's was't kind to the e30 M3 market either.

Matter of fact is that the type of M3 the OP is looking for is in demand is rare and is going to command a higher price... and IMHO worth it! but the other 80% of the market is old, tired and will need $$$$ and love to restore, I include myself in the later.
Thats my point. Im not arguing that a very clean low mileage, well taken care of car cant command a premium.

Everything else though is just priced way to darn high now a days for what it is. Will the market pick up for the e36? maybe so. Time will only tell and we really dont know. Though we can definitely agree that they built way more e36 m3's compared to e30 m3's. So I honestly dont see an e30 like comeback.

I like these cars just as much as the next enthusiast. But that doesnt mean I will over pay for one, or the current for sale prices(around here) are in line with what the cars are worth/or will fetch.
One just has to watch the market and see the same over priced cars sitting there month after month.

Last edited by SiR; 05-10-2010 at 10:42 PM.
SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:33 PM   #19
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvan View Post
It's a 318 with a M3 swap.
thats not even remotely close to be worth that price . 17k lol
Old 05-10-2010, 10:49 PM   #20
luve30
2nd Gear Member

I don't think they'll be in the same league as the E30 M3 but they will certainly appreciate even though they were produced in big numbers because, even now, there seem to be very few low mileage examples around. This car seems to be primarily used as a DD although I think now people are starting to buy them to keep as garage queens.
luve30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:49 PM   #21
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

im buying mine for a dd :/

not much else is as balanced as a daily in this price range imho
Old 05-11-2010, 12:03 AM   #22
Antz_Marchin
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luve30 View Post
I don't think they'll be in the same league as the E30 M3 but they will certainly appreciate even though they were produced in big numbers because, even now, there seem to be very few low mileage examples around. This car seems to be primarily used as a DD although I think now people are starting to buy them to keep as garage queens.
My '96 likes the garage like you mentioned. Had it for 6 years now, 2nd owner and just turned 72kms (Estoril on Black and Minnnntttt). I love it, to be honest, I'd have a rough time letting it go for $25k. Not saying that's what the market will bear by any means but the lower end of what it's worth to me.
Antz_Marchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:08 AM   #23
luve30
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antz_Marchin View Post
My '96 likes the garage like you mentioned. Had it for 6 years now, 2nd owner and just turned 72kms (Estoril on Black and Minnnntttt). I love it, to be honest, I'd have a rough time letting it go for $25k. Not saying that's what the market will bear by any means but the lower end of what it's worth to me.
Very nice! Now that car will appreciate.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:11 AM   #24
luve30
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post
im buying mine for a dd :/

not much else is as balanced as a daily in this price range imho
I agree. Once my current lease is up next spring, I'd definitely consider getting one for a DD too. I only drive 12K a year anyway so it would last a long time.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:21 AM   #25
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antz_Marchin View Post
thats some nice low mileage!

our(as in enthusiasts) cars are always worth more to us than it is out in the market
Old 05-11-2010, 01:01 AM   #26
acceleration
///M...mmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post
I have a pretty good idea.
And the fact that every car ive walked away from hasnt sold just reinforces my stance.

The cars that go quickly here or anywhere else are priced right(pretty obvious statement yes).
Ones still kickin around are still around for one giant reason. Over priced for what it is.

I have settled on a car to fyi.
FYI, mine sold within 3 days of posting on Autotrader. Good luck with your search.
acceleration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:52 AM   #27
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

well you lucked out imo. congrats.

my search is over to
Old 05-11-2010, 03:33 AM   #28
yellowe36m3
1st Gear Newbie

BBS CH Rims are staying on the 330CI as they are for DD.

Very good points on both sides in this post.

Basically everything has a price of value. Depending on condition. Only seller or buyer can judge upon what they think the right value is worth. People tend to rate one car differently to another.

The car I'm looking for is definitely a rare find. Leaving this post does in a way help me get one step closer.
yellowe36m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:59 AM   #29
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

^ I fully agree.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:44 PM   #30
Walkman
2nd Gear Member

There you go My Friend
http://www.lespac.com/d-vehicules-au...LPCaZZ21832744

143 clicks, looks in great shape