Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-16-2001, 04:49 PM   #1
M-POSING
2nd Gear Member

Exclamation Lowering Springs

Which Ones.....

I've got a '94 325i that I'm gonna drop come spring.I want to give my car the lowest possible drop without going to coilovers.Any ideas or suggestions on makes i.e (H&R or Eibach).Will I have to change my shocks if I go with say the H&R race springs or Eibach Sportlines and what really is the difference between the two??
I'm also getting 18's in the spring so will I need to roll the fenders and if so is it expensive to do??

Thanks for your help guys,
Alfred
Old 12-16-2001, 04:57 PM   #2
Bliss
Administrator

Well i experienced both worlds i guess. the Eibachs and currently have the H&R. I absolutely loved the eibach sportlines on my E36. The ride height was perfect, not too low, and not too high. As for the H&R race, i have them on my E46 and don't know if they are any different on the E36 cars. If they are the same then i would go for the eibachs. The ride height is awsome in the front, but the rear sits too high still...well for my liking i guess. For the h&R races i think you will need the shocks changed after a while cuz the ride is more harsh than the Eibachs. If i find a good deal on coilovers..im switching my H&R's. As for the fender rolling, I dodnt do any so i can't tell you much, but from what i've heard its no big deal of a job. Hope it helps. Unless it confused you even more.

For maXbimmer decals, please email info@maxbimmer.com
Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2001, 05:33 PM   #3
M-POSING
2nd Gear Member

Bliss,

I was kinda leaning towards the Eibach Sportlines cause they seem to give the most radical drop all around without the very stiff ride.

So you say the H&R race springs still sit to high in the back??Is your ride very stiff or can you live with it??
Old 12-16-2001, 05:42 PM   #4
Bliss
Administrator

Yup, the car sits too high in the back. Its lower thank stock, but not low enough. I can definately live with the ride..its not too stiff. I personally loved the eibachs on my E36 though.

For maXbimmer decals, please email info@maxbimmer.com
Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 08:25 PM   #5
M-POSING
2nd Gear Member

Hey Rob,
Thanx for the input...Inever thought of it that way...I'll definetly check out the Apex springs as well.....

Alfred

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: