Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Rides
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-02-2010, 06:33 PM   #61
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

centrifugal chargers on honda motors is lame sauce.

something with more displacement , sure but not a smaller honda motor.

roots/screw or turbo imo.

or just leave it n/a because high 13's is quick enough. flat torque across the board ftw. cars got enough sauce below 6k to boot around.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:17 PM   #62
Michel
6th Gear Member

^I don't want to start an argument but a flat tq curve at 140ft/lb isn't much win. They are def. quick cars (I've been in a few) but the power isn't useable on the street imo. Its a personal preference thing - personally i hate them

Also, I've raced my buddy's AP1 with my almost stock 330 (intake, exhaust only) and was on his tail and catching up.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:00 PM   #63
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

its called gearing. and yes it is win and perfectly usable around town.

i hate that statement"its not usable " . thats asinine.

no way you were catching up to a properly driven s2k in a 330 lol

depending on yr of your 330 youd likely get walked by a vtec civic coupe lol

Last edited by SiR; 06-03-2010 at 07:05 PM.
SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:40 PM   #64
Michel
6th Gear Member

not really, I've owned an h22 swapped integra so believe me, I'm not ignorant about hondas. I've also driven an s2000 and by 'useable' I mean your going 60 in 3rd gear and want to pass someone; in my 330, i just gas it, in the s2000, i had to downshift. The 4.10 gears don't do much for it IMO - and that's what this is, MY OPINION. You don't need to take it personal everytime someone says something about hondas.

oh and btw, a properly driven 330 can do 14.1 in the quarter mile - ask me how i know

edit: my 330 is an '02 non-ZHP.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:27 PM   #65
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel View Post
not really, I've owned an h22 swapped integra so believe me, I'm not ignorant about hondas. I've also driven an s2000 and by 'useable' I mean your going 60 in 3rd gear and want to pass someone; in my 330, i just gas it, in the s2000, i had to downshift.

The 4.10 gears don't do much for it IMO - and that's what this is, MY OPINION.
while you can think its not quick..that can be your opinion(which can be inaccurate) but needing to downshift to pass at 60 in 3rd is bs. you dont need it. the car still has plenty of go in that range at that gear.
thats just incorrect. 4.10's do nothing? ok throw some 3:10's in there and see what it does

Quote:
You don't need to take it personal everytime someone says something about hondas.

Its not personal. Im just tired of reading the same dribble on here by people without a clue. and I own both makes so its not like im trolling.Its the same on most bmw forums. anything but bmw is a pos or slow. lol. its some of the worst fan boy talk ive ever experienced.

Quote:
oh and btw, a properly driven 330 can do 14.1 in the quarter mile - ask me how i know

edit: my 330 is an '02 non-ZHP

no way you are rolling 14.1 stock.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:00 PM   #66
Michel
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post
while you can think its not quick..that can be your opinion(which can be inaccurate) but needing to downshift to pass at 60 in 3rd is bs. you dont need it. the car still has plenty of go in that range at that gear.
thats just incorrect. 4.10's do nothing? ok throw some 3:10's in there and see what it does

Its not personal. Im just tired of reading the same dribble on here by people without a clue. and I own both makes so its not like im trolling.Its the same on most bmw forums. anything but bmw is a pos or slow. lol. its some of the worst fan boy talk ive ever experienced.

no way you are rolling 14.1 stock.

I didn't say a 4.10 does nothing; I'm saying it does nothing for that car, as in, its not enough(I've felt it, so YES it is an opinion - which cannot be invalid, hence an opinion).

Honda's don't have torque, its fact. You just can't get torque from a 2.0L like you can out of a 3.0L+, u know that. I know all there is about honda's, trust me - I just no longer care for them because I've obviously chosen my bmw as a superior car (and not for the badge). Hell, I'll take a clean E30 318is over an s2000. Oh and I never said honda's are 'pos' or 'slow'. Basically, you've just attacked me in your arguments and made up claims of things that I supposedly 'said'.

Anyways, no matter what I say you will think I'm some 'fan boy'. I'm simply stating my experience and preference of both car makes. You disagree; that's fine.

p.s Many people have run low 14's in 330's, check E46fanatics. It's not unheard of.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:29 PM   #67
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

I attacked you

and...(among other silly stuff)

Quote:
Hell, I'll take a clean E30 318is over an s2000

Im not even gonna bother.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:46 PM   #68
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Im not even gonna bother.
good.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:22 PM   #69
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Quote:
fanboy :p
Maybe, maybe not...I have owned more cars of ALL brands then most people in a lifetime, including Honda's...So i can make pretty educated choices of what i drive!
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4

2nd location opening SOON!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: