Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Quebec/Gatineau/Ottawa
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-28-2010, 12:15 PM   #16
jeffrie
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlast View Post
I was more worried about it coming out of the filler next hole and spilling all over me. I might be able to plug the whole with something I suppose. I have to get all the gas into the new tank somehow..

I foresee a mess in my future.
I do not, once you unclamp the filler hose just stuff a rag in it.
As for getting the fuel out theirs an intank pump sitting in a sump at the lowest part of the tank, theirs even a transfer hose to make sure both sides end up in the sump. Simply put two leads on the pump to a 12v batery charger and pump the fuel into the new tank before you transfer the pump over.

Current Mods....X-Brace, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust, 17/225/45 M3 Replicas, HotBits Adjustable Coil Overs, 40% LSD 3:91 Diff, E30 Gearbox, Boosted.
jeffrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:16 PM   #17
njansenv
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrie View Post
20l of fuel weighs 12 lbs, the tank may weigh 10 lbs, no need to burn it off if time is an issue it's not heavy at all, may want to pick up all the hardware while your at it as I'm sure it's all rusted to sh*t, all mine was and made the install that much easier.
20L of fuel is ~14kg. 31 lbs.

FWIW.

Gone: '99 M3 vert, '98 M3 sedan, '91 E30, '89 E30, '87 E30, '91 Euro M5, '93 6-speed Corvette, STI v8 swapped '98 Impreza, '73 2002, 2004 325iT
njansenv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:18 PM   #18
everlast
if I lived . I would be ~

And the "i" 65L tank doesn't have an in-tank transfer pump, only the high pressure pump, which is now a 255lph pump. :o That still might work though.

edit: or, that might be what you meant lol.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:23 PM   #19
carjoe
6th Gear Member

Where's your tech inspection getting done? I have to go bribe my indie to do mine...and maybe fix the leaks since my order won't be here on time either. Fudge.

93 325is - sold!

2000 540ia- sold!

carjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:26 PM   #20
everlast

I like fudge.

I scored bigtime, Kerry Burke (sp?) in QC is doing it as part of the club tech session on Saturday morning. Fo' free with coffee and donuts. Yippee!
Old 04-28-2010, 12:35 PM   #21
everlast

I just ordered a front wheel bearing. I'm going to do it before the tech inspection too, if I have time. Sheesh, this is really kicking my ass.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:40 PM   #22
jeffrie
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlast View Post
And the "i" 65L tank doesn't have an in-tank transfer pump, only the high pressure pump, which is now a 255lph pump. :o That still might work though.

edit: or, that might be what you meant lol.
ohh different from an "e" I had a low pressure in tank pump that pumped to the high pressure pump behind the drivers seat... assumed all e30's would be the same, geuss not.

Stand corrected for the fuel weight, still peanuts compared to benching your akward rear heavy tranny (geussing 75 lbs) up form your clutch job.

Current Mods....X-Brace, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust, 17/225/45 M3 Replicas, HotBits Adjustable Coil Overs, 40% LSD 3:91 Diff, E30 Gearbox, Boosted.
jeffrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:18 AM   #23
everlast

So, I drained the tank from the drain plug into a jerry can and put the gas in the Mini. It took about 3 cans to drain the 20L. Everything went fairly smoothly, but took a long time.

Anyway, the tank fit well and Capital Dominion was a pleasure to deal with. +1 for them.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:33 AM   #24
carjoe
6th Gear Member

Good for you!

My car is in for both sway bar links and CCV...should be ready to go after today. I'm thinking about picking up a set of spare pads just in case.

I also have to put in my motor and tranny mounts...anyone up for a tech night this Friday?

93 325is - sold!

2000 540ia- sold!

Old 05-04-2010, 11:47 AM   #25
everlast

I needed tires too. I was hoping for one track down out of them but seeing them up on the hoist I realized how worn they were. Dunlop Z1 *s are coming in today woot.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:42 PM   #26
carjoe
6th Gear Member

Nice. I'm hoping my tires last the summer too. Let me know how the Dunlops work for ya. I was looking at those and Hankook Ventus somethings.

93 325is - sold!

2000 540ia- sold!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: