Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-13-2007, 05:07 AM   #1
BigD
the misanthropist

Help identify old techno track

Hokai, so I've been searching for this off and on for the past say, 10 years. It's entirely possible that since I last heard it when I was 11, I only remember one good part of it but I'm pretty sure it's uniform like all techno tracks and it has a really nice badass sound to it. I finally found something close. It's not the track I want but it's close enough that I can intelligently describe what the right one sounds like.

It's a track from the early 90's, it sounds a lot like Sport Chant Stadium remix of Kernkraft 400 by Zombie Nation (popular track at Hockey and Basketball games, techno track with guys chanting "oh oh" etc). The only thing they really have in common (which isn't even part of the original Kernkraft 400) is the guys chanting. The track I'm looking for is slower, with deeper bass, but a very similar type of guys chanting for "lyrics". I remember in part of the track it slows down and there is a call-and-response between the chant and a synthesizer playing some bassy sound, I can't describe it. The same sound is the main sound with the procussion in Robin S' Show Me Love:

Not the farting sound, but what sounds like a modified low piano sound. In fact, if you take the parts where you can only hear the bass, procussion and this sound, cut out the broad's lyrics, and add the guys chant, then it would be very close...

I know some of you guys are really into techno, I don't really know where to ask, so if you don't know maybe you could post it in the right place. Thanks!
Old 01-13-2007, 05:10 AM   #2
Sa///M3
4th Gear Member

Hmm.. I think I know what you are looking for.. I think I have it on CD somewhere -- I'll look around tomorrow and see if I can find it..
Sa///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 05:17 AM   #3
BigD
the misanthropist

This is what the Sport Chant Stadium remix of Kernkraft 400 sounds like (the guys chanting is what I'm talking about here, the progression of the chant is also very similar, but the one I'm looking for is slower and a bit different):

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...80347683529947

Sa///M3 thanks in advance!
Old 04-27-2010, 02:14 PM   #4
BigD
the misanthropist

So 15 some odd years later, I found it. Heard it during an Ottawa game and someone posted all of the game music. Searched every track that I didn't know and bingo (the part that's been in my mind all this time is at 1:28):

Thanks to youtube I also got to hear the original version which sounds cool too:

Old 04-27-2010, 03:36 PM   #5
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Send a message via MSN to craigIS
Holy back from the dead batman! I remember this song! Took you quite a while to figure this out!

flickr
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:06 PM   #6
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigIS View Post
Holy back from the dead batman! I remember this song! Took you quite a while to figure this out!
I know, it's pretty crazy. That hook has been in my mind since forever except the track vanished like a fart in the wind after being all over the radio in '93. Once in a blue moon I'd hear it somewhere but no way to follow up on wtf it was.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: