Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Supporting Events > Maxbimmer & Supporting Events
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-19-2010, 11:06 AM   #316
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
Are you shitting me?! Public roads with LOCAL TRAFFIC are not race tracks. The point of this is to have fun with a bit of spirited driving, not leapfrog every single god damn car in front of you, cutting off other members and forcing your way in to merge because you're overtaking unsafely.

Tell me, how is crossing a solid yellow on a sweeper and/or UPHILL road being safe? I was right up front and saw those two pull stupid shit time and again while running some locals off into the shoulders to avoid head-on collisions.

There's a time and place for driving balls-out; take that shit to the track.

This moron can't even spell properly, let alone have the mental capacity to act logically.

+2 for invite only cruises. Enough of this moronic crap.

They drive like assholes for attention, same as they are looking for it here afterwards, IGNORE them, if they don't get the attention they will go away!
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:25 AM   #317
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
IGNORE them, if they don't get the attention they will go away!
lol reminded me of Family guy

Quote:
Lois Griffin: Peter, there's a hooker on the bed!
Hooker: Hi.
Peter Griffin: Stand perfectly still Lois, their vision is based on movement.
[Pause]
Hooker: Where'd you go?
Old 05-19-2010, 11:31 AM   #318
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

Or this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNkp4...ext=1&index=18
Old 05-19-2010, 11:50 AM   #319
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Sorry if you guys/girls got the wrong impression by me saying I would run him off the road. His idiocy got my blood pressure rising thinking it's OK to make bone head passes and putting people's lives on the line. My deal is, I have never been on a cruise and I would love to go on with the people from this board, but it seems that the driving habits of others might have ruined my chance at ever going on a cruise seeing as how some want an invite only. If that does happen, I'd like a chance to show you guys how responsible my driving habits are and would love to just cruise the back country with you guys/girls.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:37 PM   #320
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

First off, thanks to all who came out and enjoyed the day with us. Overall the day was a blast, I haven't heard so many warm wishes at the end of a cruise day in my 6 years of doing this. It's my pleasure to organize and lead these events, and I'm really glad that most of you appreciate the time and money spent.

Now I hate to do this, but I have to. To the keyboard warriors venting in here...please stop. There was really just a tiny handful of drivers who needed to be spoken to, and they all were addressed accordingly during the stops. Between myself, Raisa and Stephanie all of those who were out of line were talked to (or, sometimes yelled at by the slightly more emotional ladies...) and given warnings regarding their behaviour. I did not hear one complaint past that point. Therefore, all of you arguing are just rehashing situations that have already been dealt with; please, just stop. The offending members know who they are and know to act differently or they will not be allowed to participate in the future. There's no need to get on the safety soapbox and lecture them, or threaten to remove your participation from upcoming events. Any further posts on this topic will be deleted and bans considered. Thanks for your cooperation here.

Now that that's out of the way, thanks again to the supporters and those who helped organize this event. We are a community. It is always great to see new friendships being born and old pals reconnecting through days like this, and we all need to understand that we're here to educate, have fun, and further strengthen our bond as a BMW club.

Again, thanks everyone. I hope to see some familiar faces at MidnightCruise '10, coming June 18th. I'll have all the details for that event up soon.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:52 PM   #321
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

Interesting post... while it is nice to hear they were dealt with your attitude towards those who show concern (rightfully so) shows quite a bit of immaturity.

Perhaps when you address the concerned members of this forum you could say something along the lines of " your concern for the safety of the public is appreciated but, dealt with.... now lets move on " sounds a lot better than soap box, lecture and dont say you will not come next time.

jmo
Old 05-19-2010, 01:08 PM   #322
Mystikal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout95 View Post
Interesting post... while it is nice to hear they were dealt with your attitude towards those who show concern (rightfully so) shows quite a bit of immaturity.

Perhaps when you address the concerned members of this forum you could say something along the lines of " your concern for the safety of the public is appreciated but, dealt with.... now lets move on " sounds a lot better than soap box, lecture and dont say you will not come next time.

jmo
I'm sorry to hear you feel this way.

It's difficult to support members who are creating conflict over a dead issue, especially considering that a few of them are friends of mine who have crashed (some of them severely) their own cars while driving aggressively. It's a little harsh yes, but we need to focus on this: The mature thing to do here is not attack, but rather solve the issue and move on. This has been done, and any future incidents will be addressed also. There were problems, they were brought to my attention, then those who were causing them were spoken to. By posting in here 3 days later still rehashing the same stories, we won't move forward. And that's what community is about.

Again, I'm sorry you may have been offended by my tone. I still stand behind it, though.

@stancejay
Old 05-19-2010, 01:26 PM   #323
dbworld4k
Addict

June 18th? Whoa, that's way sooner than I anticipated! Woot!

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:34 PM   #324
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
June 18th? Whoa, that's way sooner than I anticipated! Woot!
+1!
... and a few days before my birthday, even better!
Old 05-19-2010, 01:51 PM   #325
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
I'm sorry to hear you feel this way.

It's difficult to support members who are creating conflict over a dead issue, especially considering that a few of them are friends of mine who have crashed (some of them severely) their own cars while driving aggressively. It's a little harsh yes, but we need to focus on this: The mature thing to do here is not attack, but rather solve the issue and move on. This has been done, and any future incidents will be addressed also. There were problems, they were brought to my attention, then those who were causing them were spoken to. By posting in here 3 days later still rehashing the same stories, we won't move forward. And that's what community is about.

Again, I'm sorry you may have been offended by my tone. I still stand behind it, though.
I'm sorry for bringing up the dead issue. I didn't know they were dealt with on the road at the time as I was not part of the cruise. Just some of the "tones" used by some about the way they acted, well... you can tell how some others who did not appreciate it very well. I'm looking forward to meeting you and others come June 18th Drive safe till then!
Old 05-19-2010, 02:28 PM   #326
Mystikal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavocSteve View Post
I'm sorry for bringing up the dead issue. I didn't know they were dealt with on the road at the time as I was not part of the cruise. Just some of the "tones" used by some about the way they acted, well... you can tell how some others who did not appreciate it very well. I'm looking forward to meeting you and others come June 18th Drive safe till then!
For sure! You are also a prime example of what threads like this cause, which is leading outsiders (read: those who were not there) to think that the events are angry free-for-alls with reckless driving and no rules. Fact is, on Sunday only a few were actually upset; these people brought the issues to light (I can't see this stuff up front, we were doing the speed limit with cruise control on!) and seemed satisfied after a few drivers were spoken to.

I for one was happy to see the great camaraderie shown amongst the whole group on Sunday. Let's not throw that all away once we're protected behind our computer screens.

@stancejay
Old 05-19-2010, 02:35 PM   #327
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
There's no need to get on the safety soapbox and lecture them, or threaten to remove your participation from upcoming events. Any further posts on this topic will be deleted and bans considered.
Ouch direct hit on me, Lindsay, Anuk. While I agree we shouldn't be venting on here, something needed to be said otherwise it would just get worst at the next event, just like this one was worst than the fall cruise.

That i'm fine with, but the fact that you are threatening to ban us and not the offenders, i donno man...maybe i'm reading it wrong or it just came across wrongly.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:40 PM   #328
Mystikal

I'd support the post-deletion and (much less likely...) banning of anyone who decides to continue bickering back and forth about what's already been solved. The statement wasn't specifically directed towards either side, I just want all of the crap-flinging to stop immediately as it has gotten us exactly nowhere.

@stancejay
Old 05-19-2010, 05:53 PM   #329
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Noted, and stopped.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:56 PM   #330
Young Gun
Top Gear

im soo sad I missed out on this, last minute sh*t sucks... either way, will definately be there for the midnight cruise...

If anyone is arranging for small get togethers/cruises plz PM me

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: