Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Supporting Events > Maxbimmer & Supporting Events
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-18-2010, 11:30 AM   #286
tonyhavana
2nd Gear Member

You know, it's just the law of averages: you get 60 or so people together, some of them are going to be assholes. And in a 60 car group, you are bound to draw the attention of THE MAN.

It's why I have no desire to go on these mega-cruises, meet somewhere nice, besides a shopping mall parking lot to view others rides, I'll be there. Or meet a a track, and learn how to drive fast , safely. Like the meets that Ritchie is organizing.
tonyhavana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:31 AM   #287
bimmerjoe
Yagerbombs/skanks

man stone chips!!!! i would have
L.O.S.T> I.T.

especially if if was being created by retard drivers touching the shoulder.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:10 PM   #288
Nguyen_E30
0011 0001 1000

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00592.jpg (303.8 KB, 336 views)
Nguyen_E30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:23 PM   #289
e30_kid89
The Afro-stig

Send a message via MSN to e30_kid89
Pics?
Old 05-18-2010, 12:23 PM   #290
kamus
Life begins at 4000rpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyhavana View Post
meet somewhere nice, besides a shopping mall parking lot to view others rides, I'll be there.
We did that

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyhavana View Post
Or meet a a track, and learn how to drive fast , safely. Like the meets that Ritchie is organizing.
So I am definitely looking forward to attending a club school weekend or two this year. And I have attended and enjoyed open lapping sessions in the past. But a track meet and a cruise through the Canadian Shield are two very different experiences, and the expectation should be different too:

The thrill of a track session is accompanied by some significant stress to both driver and car (i speak for myself ) Sure there is exhileration, but when I push myself, it's actually a hard work-out on the track, both mentally and physically.

Now in contrast a community cruise is supposed to be nothing but pure driving joy along historic undulating routes that were laid down long before modern construction techniques conspired to flatten and straighten everything.

We're talking two totally different experiences. And evidently when some attendees confuse the two, they bring the stresses of the track to the road, and that just don't work maaaan

kamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:25 PM   #291
dbworld4k
Addict

Guys, let's post the pics in a separate thread for convenience. I figured I'd start it up here:

http://maxbimmer.com/forums/showthre...wpost&t=133321

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:31 PM   #292
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
Guys, let's post the pics in a separate thread for convenience. I figured I'd start it up here:

http://maxbimmer.com/forums/showthre...wpost&t=133321
Great idea!
Old 05-18-2010, 08:38 PM   #293
JINT
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 405Style View Post
Are you kidding???? Please tell me you're kidding. Do yourself a favour, and stay home next time.

Some people here have clean records, and worked WAAAAAY too hard to get that way and to have normal insurance rates. I am not going to let someone like you ruin that for me or anyone else.

What bewilders me is you think this is a joke! When i screwed up and had to squeeze infront of Junzie, I KNEW i messed up and i felt bad as hell. I wanted to go apologize in person but I didn't see him at the lot before Boston Pizza.

I have a great driving skillset, and though not perfect, I happen to care what my friends from here think of me.I have been a part of the community since 2004, and I can't say I have EVER ran into issues on cruises, except the last one, and I can easily say I ve been on alot more then you.

This isn't GTA4, its real life.

Yeah i happen to get excited easily when i post, but then I happen to have Tdot_e30 to bring my POS down to earth
This forum isn't an authority to me to put me in place. For the record my driving record is clean, without a single point or a ticket. I have alot of great pictures i wanted to post. I doubt anyone is interested.
Later.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:23 PM   #294
blk3
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFAMOU$ View Post
For the "guys at the front" it was pretty laid back... I think the lady cop was the worst of them all at the road block. She was a total bitch telling me to get back into my car when there was traffic oncoming.. I said "I am just waiting to let the cars go by" she says "get in now"... The one OPP guy seemed to be alright. I don't think he knew what to do at all.

When I first pulled up he asked me "what is this? is this a bmw?" I should have said NO lol. I guess all my AC Schnitzer badging threw him off. I definitely felt that they created more of a hazard by having us all pulled over as all the civilian traffic kept stopping in the middle of the road talking to us and saying how retarded cops are and how they need to get a life. HAHA

Sucked only being 10 minutes from home and getting pulled over but at least it was with everyone else. My 10 day trip permit expired a long time ago and for some reason the cop said "oh you have a valid 30 day trip permit, ok". Maybe he was just trying to be nice since I was from the area....

Again- Did anyone else notice Paul Christians being all creeper like?!
lol you like picking on the blue echo. i thought he held his own very well.
blk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:14 AM   #295
gnome
on the roam

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavocSteve View Post
You do know, they can't just pull you over without reason. I would have asked what did I do wrong with my window slightly cracked open. If he/she asked for my papers I would have said it again "What did I do wrong?". Just because they have a badge doesn't mean they just do w/e the hell they want. My OPP friend gave me some tips on how to deal with some of the power rage coppers.

I can understand the people speeding, but people going 10ish over the limit just enjoying the day getting pulled over is just retarded. I'd ask for a badge number and report the cop for harassment. But I wasn't in the cruise... maybe the next one!

Did anyone get any tickets of the sort? Seemed like they were just raining on the parade because a couple of goof balls ran the truck with a 5th wheel off the road. That is just plain stupid. Hope if that happens again someone gets a stunt driving ticket because a trailer swinging like that would flip pretty easy. Cudo's to the truck driver thought for keeping it on the ground.
From a first-hand witness perspective, there are many more near-misses. If that truck lost control it could have taken out 6 or 7 of us as there were no gaps. Then there were near misses with motorbikes, cars, etc. you get the picture.
Some of you guys didn't know that 2 cops were tailing us long before Mosport up near Tyrone...after a while they turned East.
Next time use the fricken FRS radios and set your trip odometers so you can anticipate turns and know what's going on... haven't we been doing this for many years now, lead the newcomers by example.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:22 AM   #296
WatsoN
1st Gear Newbie

All of those to talk shit about 5-series (e34 and e39) should try to take those turns on a car like that, they did, and 90% of you were waaaaay too carefull, what is the point of having a good BMW if you cant drive and dont have fun with it?
WatsoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:26 AM   #297
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnome View Post
From a first-hand witness perspective, there are many more near-misses. If that truck lost control it could have taken out 6 or 7 of us as there were no gaps. Then there were near misses with motorbikes, cars, etc. you get the picture.
Some of you guys didn't know that 2 cops were tailing us long before Mosport up near Tyrone...after a while they turned East.
Next time use the fricken FRS radios and set your trip odometers so you can anticipate turns and know what's going on... haven't we been doing this for many years now, lead the newcomers by example.
When I was working for my friend's mothers courier business, I delivered all up north so I know all the short cuts and nice roads you can speed where I've never seen a cop within the 3 yrs I delivered up there. I know when I go for my first cruise I won't be one of the guys at the front nor the middle, I've learned my lesson a long time ago with the speeding tickets. I mostly want to go just to meet new people and shoot the shit kinda gig and just have fun running up and down the back roads which are just pleasant since it's nice weather. Meeting Brent the other day, just makes me want to meet the lot of you guys. He's a very nice guy and speaks pretty highly of the group that went on the cruise.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:30 AM   #298
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsoN View Post
All of those to talk shit about 5-series (e34 and e39) should try to take those turns on a car like that, they did, and 90% of you were waaaaay too carefull, what is the point of having a good BMW if you cant drive and dont have fun with it?
What's the point in running trucks with trailers off the road along with motorcycles and old grandmas? I can understand the wanting to have fun part, but there are tracks and other group activities that people host just for what you mentioned. I don't think getting someone hurt or seeing a couple guys get their rides towed is a good way to "cruise". Maybe if you got your head out of your ass, you'd learn that a lot of the careful drivers actually do a lot of racing on the tracks and not the roads, where it should be done.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:34 AM   #299
WatsoN
1st Gear Newbie

I never seen them pass when it was dengerous, and I was right behind them all the way. If u dont want to risk, sit at home and watch TV.
WatsoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:39 AM   #300
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsoN View Post
I never seen them pass when it was dengerous, and I was right behind them all the way. If u dont want to risk, sit at home and watch TV.
Remind me to run you off the road next cruise then =\ then you can sit at home and we can all drive safe and not have any cops ruin the day. You must be one of those guys who speed to try and look cool and come screaming to a red light and just go brake happy and then stomp it to the floor only to stomp the brake. People like you, make us pay higher insurance.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: