Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Supporting Events > Maxbimmer & Supporting Events
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-18-2010, 12:33 AM   #256
doogee
Stance is Gay.
 
doogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ancaster
Posts: 3,450
Send a message via MSN to doogee
Quote:
Originally Posted by JunzieB View Post
Forget repainting, it adds character.

BTW, Doogee, awesome driving, i loved looking in the rear view and seeing that you were still there.
At one point i had to ask myself if i was holding you up throughout the highspeed runs lol.

Haha ya man, I was surprised by your skills!

My 205/40's were getting pretty close to the limit haha.

Was nice to be able to be behind someone who can drive!




...By the way everyone. Where are all the pics??
__________________


Dakar M3 Track Build Thread
doogee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:35 AM   #257
blk3
4th Gear Member
 
blk3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Oshawa On Canada
Posts: 833
oh well all in all it was a great day. Kamus i was parked right behind you. i thought your kid acting up was pretty funny. he seems to like yellow e30s. here are a few pics. nothing great but hope it starts the posting of pics and vids. hope they are not too big
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b.jpg (113.5 KB, 282 views)
File Type: jpg b1.jpg (112.9 KB, 280 views)
File Type: jpg b2.jpg (109.7 KB, 282 views)
File Type: jpg b3.jpg (109.6 KB, 283 views)
File Type: jpg b4.jpg (111.4 KB, 286 views)
File Type: jpg b5.jpg (104.6 KB, 282 views)
File Type: jpg b6.jpg (103.2 KB, 278 views)
File Type: jpg b7.jpg (115.3 KB, 280 views)
File Type: jpg b8.jpg (115.3 KB, 281 views)
File Type: jpg b9.jpg (114.5 KB, 281 views)
File Type: jpg b10.jpg (122.0 KB, 284 views)
File Type: jpg b11.jpg (126.5 KB, 283 views)
File Type: jpg b12.jpg (129.9 KB, 284 views)
File Type: jpg b13.jpg (125.3 KB, 292 views)
File Type: jpg b14.jpg (125.8 KB, 283 views)
blk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:45 AM   #258
uber e36
6th Gear Member
 
uber e36's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,051
I haven't been on max forever. Just today I brought the e36 out of storage. Looks like I was a day late!

Teaches me for leaving the scene for too long...

Hope everyone enjoyed themselves.
uber e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:53 AM   #259
Brent
3rd Gear Member
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by blk3 View Post
I was stuck behind the slower s2k behind a bus when he decided to pass late. the guy in the truck was flashing the high beams and definitly @#$% his pants and had the 5th wheel camper trailer swaying. not smart thats for sure
Yeah, I saw that too, the trailer was swaying back and forth pretty good, it was a scary moment.
__________________


From Eyesore to Heat Score
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:08 AM   #260
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK
 
dble Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Scarborough
Posts: 1,868
I hate to sound like a damn preacher, but here is my damn sermon. For all of you who don't understand the difference between a cruise and a race, the Trillium BMW Club of Canada hosts many difference motoring events. You want to learn skills come to our performance driving schools on notable race tracks. You want to compete against your peers in a timed event, come to our autocross, but for gods sake, you're not proving anything by driving like aggressively on the street, not to mention putting innocent by standers like the fifth wheel driver in a periless position. I could tell you, if I was him, I would've been on the phone with 911 faster than you could say boo! Take it to the track!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 135i Msport Daily/track toy
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:27 AM   #261
BimmerboyPH
5th Gear Member
 
BimmerboyPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Smithville
Posts: 982
So can someone fill me in on the part where the cops showed up? ahahaha

I had to leave before the end. Got some bad gas from esso at lunch, and during the afternoon my car started to run like shit!!!!
__________________
88 325is- written off
89 735i 5 spd- traded
89 325is m50 swap- sold
92 325is- sold
97 328is- sold
00 Land Rover Disco- sold
07 328i- sold
84 325e- track car, in progress........ SOLD!
87 325is- FOR SALE
98 328is- Current Daily
BimmerboyPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:36 AM   #262
5style
Hatters gon Hatt
 
5style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Toronot
Posts: 5,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerboyPH View Post
So can someone fill me in on the part where the cops showed up? ahahaha

I had to leave before the end. Got some bad gas from esso at lunch, and during the afternoon my car started to run like shit!!!!
well... the last stretch of road, pretty much right before the restaurant( about what 10 min away or so?)... one cruiser goes by, i get on frs and am like "Jay hes stopping, and turning around" as the cop did it and got into the line of cars with us. He then proceeded to pass everyone and me, so i radioed again " hes coming for you guys". Then , another cruiser went by and did a sharp u turn, with dust and everything and got behind us, but took him quite a bit, was behind traffic. Next thing i know we are approaching a small bridge and i see flashing lights and everyone stopped, so quickly pull over. Another guy pulls over and in 40 seconds or so dr. flyview does too.

As soon as Flyview stops, the second cruiser comes up behind me, so Flav goes( at this point the roadblock infront got moved around the bend) lololol, hoping to escape. The officers get out and get our papers and they start grilling me what is this what are we doing here? we are wreckless, i say look, i have no idea what you are talking about , we are having a peaceful cruise, thats it. Then they go off saying don't lie you know exactly what is going on blah blah. They go: who is your leader? who organized this? I said i dunno. LOL How did u find out about this? I said my friends , and so on.

The lady cop grabs my papers, writes everything down and then they tell us to drive down and join the rest of the people up the road. I say no, i didn t break the law and you are asking me to break it because you have my license and papers, and youre asking me to drive. So, i get em back LOL, meet everyone else in a giant line and we wait for a gooooood while. Tried to get out of the car, Mcoupe driver in front of me tried too, got yelled at to get back in so couldn t even talk lol.

I ll let Doogee add his part himself hahahahahahahaha
__________________
Cayenne hunting!

Last edited by 5style; 05-18-2010 at 01:42 AM.
5style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:38 AM   #263
digiital
5th Gear Member
 
digiital's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: On Lake Ontario on my sailboat
Posts: 1,016
That guy in the Porsche was PISSED during the burn out. I think it was too much, a really good way to get the locals calling the OPP.
I was really surprise they didn't show up before we left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk3 View Post
oh well all in all it was a great day. Kamus i was parked right behind you. i thought your kid acting up was pretty funny. he seems to like yellow e30s. here are a few pics. nothing great but hope it starts the posting of pics and vids. hope they are not too big
__________________
.
** **

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Mark Twain
digiital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:41 AM   #264
digiital
5th Gear Member
 
digiital's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: On Lake Ontario on my sailboat
Posts: 1,016
Thats why you buy Shell only

Ya I wanna know what happened too with the cops. I had to get outta there after the Tims. Needed to be in Brampton at 6, which I made it back 5:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerboyPH View Post
So can someone fill me in on the part where the cops showed up? ahahaha

I had to leave before the end. Got some bad gas from esso at lunch, and during the afternoon my car started to run like shit!!!!
__________________
.
** **

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Mark Twain
digiital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:46 AM   #265
5style
Hatters gon Hatt
 
5style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Toronot
Posts: 5,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by 405Style View Post
well... the last stretch of road, pretty much right before the restaurant( about what 10 min away or so?)... one cruiser goes by, i get on frs and am like "Jay hes stopping, and turning around" as the cop did it and got into the line of cars with us. He then proceeded to pass everyone and me, so i radioed again " hes coming for you guys". Then , another cruiser went by and did a sharp u turn, with dust and everything and got behind us, but took him quite a bit, was behind traffic. Next thing i know we are approaching a small bridge and i see flashing lights and everyone stopped, so quickly pull over. Another guy pulls over and in 40 seconds or so dr. flyview does too.

As soon as Flyview stops, the second cruiser comes up behind me, so Flav goes( at this point the roadblock infront got moved around the bend) lololol, hoping to escape. The officers get out and get our papers and they start grilling me what is this what are we doing here? we are wreckless, i say look, i have no idea what you are talking about , we are having a peaceful cruise, thats it. Then they go off saying don't lie you know exactly what is going on blah blah. They go: who is your leader? who organized this? I said i dunno. LOL How did u find out about this? I said my friends , and so on.

The lady cop grabs my papers, writes everything down and then they tell us to drive down and join the rest of the people up the road. I say no, i didn t break the law and you are asking me to break it because you have my license and papers, and youre asking me to drive. So, i get em back LOL, meet everyone else in a giant line and we wait for a gooooood while. Tried to get out of the car, Mcoupe driver in front of me tried too, got yelled at to get back in so couldn t even talk lol.

I ll let Doogee add his part himself hahahahahahahaha

this. Anyone wanna add what went on in the front?
__________________
Cayenne hunting!
5style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:51 AM   #266
doogee
Stance is Gay.
 
doogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ancaster
Posts: 3,450
Send a message via MSN to doogee
Following up on Conrads post

I was pulled over before anyone else. First I see a cop behind me and he puts his lights on. So yeah, I pull over and he is ON MY ASS. Then he moves into oncoming traffic almost getting smoked and takes off. It was like super troopers haha. I sit for a few seconds and start to go as a black Ford Escape comes to my side and its a cop with his badge out screaming "Don't ****ing move!! Offduty police!! Pull over MORE MORE MORE!"

He pulls over behind me and runs to my window screaming, "You're gonna kill someone you idiot!! How would you feel if you killed someone today?!"

I stayed calm and confused because I wasn't one of the tools on the cruise and he had no reason to be yelling at me when I was going pretty close to the speed limit.

He thought it was just a group of me and like 5 friends until the pack BLEW by!

He asked:
"What is this group?" I just said we're from the internet hahaha

As everyone blew by: "How many of you are there???!?!" I don't know...around 100? "HOLY SHIT"

Of course I handed my license and insurance papers, he also made my buddy in the passenger seat.

I explained to him that this was supposed to be a nice long drive in a group but there were a few rotten apples screwing around. He finally calmed down and understood. Explained what the consequences are and told me to move ahead to meet with the rest of the group at the road block.

I drove up the road way behind, could of gone a different way straight to Boston Pizza, but noooo i was retarded and came to the group as I was pulled over again. The cop didnt ask me a single thing. Apparently I couldnt of been speeding because I came in so late

To top it all off. I hung in Peterborough with Rudy for a while later. Got home around 4:00. I was a block away from home and was pulled over because I didn't completely stop at a stop sign. The cop asked where I was coming from. I said "Look, I've been in the car since 9:00am and I'm coming back from Peterborough" He felt bad (in Hamilton police manner) and let me go.

No tickets all day!
__________________


Dakar M3 Track Build Thread
doogee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:10 AM   #267
blk3
4th Gear Member
 
blk3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Oshawa On Canada
Posts: 833
Lol so that was you with the black excursion. I saw that and though, oh oh someone with a sore ass lol. then i saw a couple more pulled over then it was me lol
blk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:16 AM   #268
blk3
4th Gear Member
 
blk3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Oshawa On Canada
Posts: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by digiital View Post
That guy in the Porsche was PISSED during the burn out. I think it was too much, a really good way to get the locals calling the OPP.
I was really surprise they didn't show up before we left.
i live very close to where we were. very rarely is there police up there. although there was a couple in the small town of tyrone just before we headed north towards mosport. opp is stationed at the 401 so if they were called up it would take them awhile to get up there. even durham region police are a good distance away. Burnouts are cool but it was totally unneeded, beside a couple of decent smokey pics
blk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:19 AM   #269
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,840
You do know, they can't just pull you over without reason. I would have asked what did I do wrong with my window slightly cracked open. If he/she asked for my papers I would have said it again "What did I do wrong?". Just because they have a badge doesn't mean they just do w/e the hell they want. My OPP friend gave me some tips on how to deal with some of the power rage coppers.

I can understand the people speeding, but people going 10ish over the limit just enjoying the day getting pulled over is just retarded. I'd ask for a badge number and report the cop for harassment. But I wasn't in the cruise... maybe the next one!

Did anyone get any tickets of the sort? Seemed like they were just raining on the parade because a couple of goof balls ran the truck with a 5th wheel off the road. That is just plain stupid. Hope if that happens again someone gets a stunt driving ticket because a trailer swinging like that would flip pretty easy. Cudo's to the truck driver thought for keeping it on the ground.
__________________
HavocSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:31 AM   #270
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor
 
Eurostyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Milton
Posts: 15,044
I was out of tow and felt bad about missing the event, untill now!
Altho it looks good for the most part!
__________________
BIMMER HEAVEN
Specialized in BMW recycling, all OEM used parts
Up to 90% off new cost!!!
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4


Etobicoke location opening SOON!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2014