Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Supporting Events > Maxbimmer & Supporting Events
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-17-2010, 09:38 PM   #241
E30 Girl
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to E30 Girl
I think we should adopt a new policy any douchbag who decides to act like a fast and furious superstar on any official maxbimmer event should get an automatic ban. We have rules on the board you don't follow them you get banned they should carry over to the events!
E30 Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:40 PM   #242
blk3
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 405Style View Post
Not sure, just curious, I didn't see it, as I was lucky enough to be at the front of the pack when it happened
I was stuck behind the slower s2k behind a bus when he decided to pass late. the guy in the truck was flashing the high beams and definitly @#$% his pants and had the 5th wheel camper trailer swaying. not smart thats for sure
blk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:49 PM   #243
Eurotakeover
BMW Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by e30_kid89 View Post
Good cruise, good roads, nice people, won't attend again, too far from the hood.
I was going to attend even thought im in St.Catharines but in a few days ill be driving out to Alberta so I didn't want to put the extra strain on my car.

I will be attending next year tho but with a few more things done to her..

Oh, i also heard no Estoril M3s???
Old 05-17-2010, 09:50 PM   #244
TitansilberM
2nd Gear Member

Wayy to much drama going on here... we all know who and who shouldnt be aloud to participate next time.

Change topic! So whos gunna start a picture thread? I dont have time to go through mine just yet
Old 05-17-2010, 10:04 PM   #245
blk3
4th Gear Member

i wanna see pics and vids. couldnt really get any pics since i was by myself
blk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:06 PM   #246
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

yeah, I would love to see some footage+ pics. Who was the red e30 with a roofrack? he was passing left and right
Old 05-17-2010, 10:12 PM   #247
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Brent told me it was nuts. Like 60 some cars showed up. I wish I could have made it out
Old 05-17-2010, 10:13 PM   #248
Nguyen_E30
0011 0001 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by 405Style View Post
yeah, I would love to see some footage+ pics. Who was the red e30 with a roofrack? he was passing left and right
he has an m3 swap

+1 on pics
Nguyen_E30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:18 PM   #249
325isStephen
6th Gear Member

red e30 with roof racks aka e30kid? he has a turbo m30, not an m3 swap.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:24 PM   #250
Nguyen_E30
0011 0001 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325isStephen View Post
oh shoot, i'm talking about the red 4 door e30.
Nguyen_E30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:25 PM   #251
325isStephen
6th Gear Member

ahh your right, that would be rob, I believe supercharged s52? Forgot he was there too, can't say im too surprised he was passing left and right.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:31 PM   #252
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325isStephen View Post
No not Devon, the 4 door.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:44 PM   #253
kamus
Life begins at 4000rpm

What a spectacular day!

Sorry to bail on dinner folks, but my 2-year old kid got so bored and irritated waiting for the cops to finish up their harassment shit that I had to take him home.. It was hilarious: cops were using my hood as a desk while comparing notes on all the other drivers for a half hour. So I stood right next to them with my kid in my arms. He was in tears screeeeaming "BLACK CAR BLACK CAAAARR No no no!!". The cops kept giving me looks.. so I eventually told them "It'll really help calm him down if you could do that somewhere else..." lol.. and so they picked everything up and walked away.. forgetting to even look at my papers..

But of course my paranoia was double-triple checking my child-seat installation before they got to me.

As for the passing.. I did see some very, let's say, surprising moves, such as passing into turns across solid yellow lines, passing between hill crests, and diving back into non-existent gaps.

But I also admit being tempted into one or two ill-judged passes myself. Mostly excess speed - like on a safe long straight with broken lines I might have decided to pass a slower car (all those I passed yielded with consideration - not accelerating unnecessarily on the straight - thanks) - but somehow full throttle in 3rd and 4th would always get the better of me and I would find myself nudging 160 before pulling back in. It felt like huge fun at the time, but actually sounds quite embarassing now.

I think generally I noticed that the people behind me were as well behaved or better behaved than myself.

Anyways, thanks to Jay and crew for everything! Can't wait for the next one.

Last edited by kamus; 05-17-2010 at 10:46 PM. Reason: typos
kamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:04 PM   #254
yvel
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk3 View Post
Originally Posted by 405Style

I do believe that was one of the honda s2k. I saw ugliness there. if its the same situation that you are talking about. very poor passing attempt
A few of us S2000 owners were talking about this during the pit stop at Tim Hortons. It was the S2000 with an "S2KI" decal on his windscreen and he left prior to the pit stop, I'm guessing to avoid embarrassment.

On a completely other note, I'd like to thank the BMW community (and E30 girl) for letting us S2000 owners join you guys on the cruise. It was a very pleasant experience (aside from getting pulled over) and it's always nice to meet some new people that share the same interest in cars as we do.
yvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:26 PM   #255
Nick_V
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamus View Post
cops were using my hood as a desk while comparing notes on all the other drivers for a half hour. So I stood right next to them with my kid in my arms. He was in tears screeeeaming "BLACK CAR BLACK CAAAARR No no no!!". The cops kept giving me looks.. so I eventually told them "It'll really help calm him down if you could do that somewhere else..." lol.. and so they picked everything up and walked away.. forgetting to even look at my papers..
good on you for telling them (basically) to beat it.

It seems like every cruise thread I've read since being a member has involved an OPP blockade. Did anyone actually get charged with anything, or the cops just came out to beat their chests? Does this actually happen every time? I hope to actually get out to one of these this season, but I don't wanna deal with that bullshit. Hate cops....
Nick_V is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: