Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Supporting Events > Maxbimmer & Supporting Events
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-17-2010, 06:51 PM   #226
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by 405Style View Post
Maybe next cruise, make a order so people who can handle the pace are in one group, second group is a slower one? IDK. Who ran a truck with a trailer off the road before the first pitstop?
people said the same thing last year but with that many people, of which include people who don't frequent the board, and of which include people who have watched fast and the furious too many times there's always bound to be some drama

not that I'm complaining about the drama...
Old 05-17-2010, 06:59 PM   #227
1BADBMR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by E30 Girl View Post
I remember when all the OG members were coming out and there weren't these punks with something to prove we never had the police bother we do now.

Ah yes those were the good ol days
04 Honda Civic (Beater)
93 318i (SOLD)
1BADBMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:07 PM   #228
Vavan
frankieflowerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunzieB View Post
I wanted to stay out of all of this but since i was right behind you i can attest to the fact that seeing you drive was definately one of the worst displays at high speeds.

During those high speed sweepers you were consistently in the oncoming traffic lane as opposed to staying in your own, you could barely hold the corners trying to ride robb's ass, It's a miracle you didn't veer off the damn road or cause a head on collision.
I could have been a douche and ran by you because you were more than holding me up in those high speed turns. A few times i had to back off because i felt that your ass was about to get smoked by something in the other lane, or maybe that was the dark person in me hoping that this would happen.

You were racing to get up ahead but once you were close enough to the lead pack you couldn't keep a steady pace. Whenever i backed off because i felt it was unsafe, i somehow found myself on your ass again.
You sir, are a classic example of an individual that goes fast in a straight line but can't handle the heat in the corners. It's no problem at all, not everyone has the same skill level.

I think you should try to attend a few of the autocross sessions that John is hosting throughout the year. This is not an attempt to attack your ego or to insult you. God knows i need to attend some of those autocross events that i have been putting off.
We all have some more fine tuning when it comes to our driving skill but it's making sure that we all keep within our limits that keeps the cruise safe at the end of the day.

Sorry John, i'll be out soon. lol

Point taken!

Sorry for causing any trouble, didn't mean to! It was my first cruise, so i don't really have any experience in such events. Though i enjoyed it a lot and hope the next ones will go along much smoother.
VW MK6 Jetta TDI
BMW E39 540IA
VW MK4 VR6
Vavan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:10 PM   #229
JINT
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 405Style View Post
Take a chill pill, you don't want to keep the tempo, don't. Don't stop others who do. Who said anything about racing? or tailing?
I'm with you on that one, can't or don't wanna keep up, go last. Whoever said it wasn't a race?, well it was at one point of time during the cruise. Anyways i enjoyed it. Apologies to whoever i dusted. I got a dusted with rocks as well, but i'm not gonna complain about it.
Great cruise.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:15 PM   #230
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
I'm with you on that one, can't or don't wanna keep up, go last. Whoever said it wasn't a race?, well it was at one point of time during the cruise. Anyways i enjoyed it. Apologies to whoever i dusted. I got a dusted with rocks as well, but i'm not gonna complain about it.
Great cruise.
Were you the bronzit e34?
Old 05-17-2010, 08:21 PM   #231
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majjic View Post
crazy stones flying coming from his car, he was talking a inside gravel line like wtf?

but anywase good time, great road, awesome weather!!
just a little far for the west-end guys =(
I think I saw you on the 401 on the way back. You sporting a roofrack and a black iS rear lip? I was like HEY E30!! I pointed to you, dunno if you saw lol

I was in a train of 3 red cars on the way there around 5pm going East to Peterborough...

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:25 PM   #232
dbworld4k
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
Were you the bronzit e34?
Sure as hell sounds like it based off the dumbass post, not to mention smacking the green E36 in the parking lot.

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:39 PM   #233
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
Sure as hell sounds like it based off the dumbass post, not to mention smacking the green E36 in the parking lot.
I agree, they appear to be friends:
http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128997

I guess smashing his car in the parking lot wasn't enough to smarten him up and drive safe. Yet he thinks this was a race....

I think a ban is in order, all in favour say 'I!'
Old 05-17-2010, 08:44 PM   #234
dbworld4k
Addict

I'm appalled at "it was a race at one point." Are you ****ing kidding me?! What sort of ignorant moron would honestly believe that the "CRUISE" was a RACE?! Some people... Obviously he isn't gonna complain about stone chips because he doesn't give a shit about his E34, as evidenced by smacking it into another car at the start of the day and simply carrying on like a complete douchebag.

Good riddance, I say.

Past:
Old 05-17-2010, 08:55 PM   #235
ACS_DAN
16/F/Cali

Send a message via MSN to ACS_DAN
Shit just got real.

95 530i|Modifications - Work.
ACS_DAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:04 PM   #236
matty.dc
5th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to matty.dc
that beige e34 was right on my ass the whole time on the 401 and with a custom rear end, that tends to raise the blood pressure and made me quite angry. His driving skill as stated in earlier posts was already demonstrated well when he smacked into his buddy's car. By no means was this event ever a race. that's how people get killed and land in ditches. you should have more respect for people's cars that have a lot of time, effort and money invested in them.

1987 325is(Midnight Tuning Tuned OBD I S52) - Current Summer Car
2012 Hyundai Veloster Tech- Daily Driver
1985 318i - 1st Car (started it all)
matty.dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:04 PM   #237
dbworld4k
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
I'm not surprised. Funny how those without sense magically find others that are masters of such traits, too.

Past:
Old 05-17-2010, 09:15 PM   #238
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Great cruise.
Did you NOT read what i wrote? FACEPALM.

Youre NOT with me at all. I said pass only when someone is slowing you down and when its safe ( THIS IS COMMON SENSE, YOU DO HAVE A LICENSE RIGHT?). When did I say it was a race?????? When did I say it was ok to tail?

Jeeeeze........

I gotta work on my phrasing here, what I mean and want to say is not always best expressed by what I type.

You are NOT with me, as I didn't dust anyone, let alone run cars off the road or pass needlessly. Sorry man. NOT COOL

Last edited by 5style; 05-17-2010 at 09:18 PM.
5style is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:23 PM   #239
blk3
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 405Style
Maybe next cruise, make a order so people who can handle the pace are in one group, second group is a slower one? IDK. Who ran a truck with a trailer off the road before the first pitstop?

I do believe that was one of the honda s2k. I saw ugliness there. if its the same situation that you are talking about. very poor passing attempt
blk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:25 PM   #240
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk3 View Post
Originally Posted by 405Style

I do believe that was one of the honda s2k. I saw ugliness there. if its the same situation that you are talking about. very poor passing attempt
Not sure, just curious, I didn't see it, as I was lucky enough to be at the front of the pack when it happened

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: