Model: 1991 M5 EM5-J (JDM)
Build Date: April 1991
Mileage: 108,569 Kilometres
Colour: Jet Black (668)
Motor: 3.6L Inline 6. (S38 B36)
Interior: Black extended NAPPA leather (0318)
Transmission: 5 speed manual
Brakes Front: xxx X xx mm
Brakes Rear: xxx X xx mm
Wheels: Staggered 17 x 8 front, 17 x 9 rear ,forged M system II
Tires: 235/45R17 front and 255/40R17 Federal Super Steel S95
Features: Ellipsoid headlights, SLS removed - Bilstein suspension, black kidney grills, clear corner lenses, Alpine stereo with Ipod control.
Options: Servocentric Power Assist, Shadowline Trim, Power Sunroof, Power Sunshade, Auto Dimming Rear Mirror, Power/ heated front seats- driver side memory, Heated Rear Seats, Auto climate Control, 9 x 17 inch Rear Wheels, Front and Rear Foglights.
Comments: Imported from Japan in 2008. All service paperwork, and all original parts included. New radiator and recent tune up.
This car has never seen snow, ever! Imported from Japan two years ago. No rust, no accidents. Very difficult to find one like this with low K’s.
What it needs : (very little)
-I will be putting in a new windshield, unfortunately a stone hit the very top of it and it has to be replaced.
- There is a small power steering leak,.this will be repaired by me. Not the pump, coming from a connection.
- A bit of the clear coat seams to be coming off rear trunk lid. (I’ll see what can be done here)
- The leather is coming a way a bit at the top of the front door panels. (I’ll see if this can be repaired)
- A couple of minor door dings.
What’s been done:
- The battery was replaced with a high quality one when it was first imported.
- Many front suspension components were replaced using “Lemforder” parts. Idler arm, Center Link, Upper control arms, Tie rods
- Factory radio removed. Replaced with Alpine deck with IPOD control, speakers and amps. All factory items kept including CD changer.
- Replaced a couple of engine compartment covers that were cracked.
- Black kidney grills installed.
- Tune up including new BERU ignition wires, cap, rotor, plugs, filter etc.
- Synthetic 15W50 oil used as per specifications.
- Tires are excellent!
- New radiator – the old ones tend to leak at the end tanks and that’s what happened – Never overheated!
- I removed the throwing star covers that came installed backwards – included.
- Missing exhaust hangers replaced.
- Cabin filter replaced
- Wiper blades replaced - BMW
- A/C converted to R134.
- Hood struts replaced – BMW
- Bentley repair manual, two owner manuals (Japanese and English)